SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I give up trying to install UTX FSX-SE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I give up trying to install UTX FSX-SE
    Posted: August-24-2017 at 5:18pm
I recently purchased GEP3 and installed with no problem. Also was able install my UTX into P3DV4 with no problem. When I try to install UTX for FSX-SE I get the attached message. I have read the other solutions to this problem but none have worked. I did have the boxed version of FSXA installed. I have removed all files and folders from hard drive including registry files.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Bob G.
Windows 10 home premium,Intel i5-2500k OC 4.5Ghz,GTX1060 500GB SSHD,1TB hard drive,27" Samsung monitor, 8MB RAM 1333,REX,MTX,GEX,UTX,FSX-SE P3DV4.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 9:18pm
Did you go through all the detailed steps provided in this previous post on how to correctly clean out all things related to a previous installed/uninstalled boxed FSX installation before re-installation of FSX-SE to completely fix things when you get into this situation?

In general it is not just removing old boxed FSX entries but making sure that those created by FSX-SE when it was installed are correct for a real standalone installation.

If you are handy with regedit, and can provide me with information on how things are currently configured I may be able to work with you to dig yourself out of this without needing to uninstall your current FSX-SE. No guarantees however.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
gets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2017 at 10:27am
Hi Jeff. I have removed all the remnants of FSXA that was suggested. I did deleted the entry in the  registry Software, Microsoft, FSX. Not  sure where FSX-SE should have entries installed besides App/Data/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX-SE and the drive installed it on which is D:\Steam\Steamapps\common\FSX. There is a scenery cfg. file located there.
Thanks for your assistance.
Bob G.
Windows 10 home premium,Intel i5-2500k OC 4.5Ghz,GTX1060 500GB SSHD,1TB hard drive,27" Samsung monitor, 8MB RAM 1333,REX,MTX,GEX,UTX,FSX-SE P3DV4.
GEK_the_Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEK_the_Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 9:26am
Maybe a thought... if you have your OS in another language then english, there are some hidden folders in which some of the programs reside.
On my end, I have my OS in german and some files are installed in a hidden "ProgramData" system folder. A "clone" of the installed stuff resides then in the german version of "ProgramData" called "Programme".
To clean my installations, I have to unhide all those english folders and delete also the content from them. It is not enough to clean "Programme" folder.
P3D v4, GEP3D+UTX, ASP4+ASCA, FSGlobal Ultimate NG, ORBX Trees HD, Chase Plane,...
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 4:28pm
On a system which properly has no remnants of FSXA installed you should never see any references to FSX-SE in folder names or config file names at all. If you do then FSX-SE was installed into what it thought was co-existance mode and/or anything you did to attempt to remove all reference to FSXA was not completely successful.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic