SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to use TackIR without EZDOK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use TackIR without EZDOK?
    Posted: November-24-2017 at 12:30am
Whenever I use EZDOK then TrackIR works fine.
As soon as I disable EZDOK in FSX, then TrackIR stops moving, i.e. TrackIR light leds are on but nothing moves in the views.

Is there an easy way to get TrackIR working in FSX when EZDOK is disabled temporarily?

Thanks.
Darto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2017 at 5:03pm
Anybody?

There has to be a way to pause EZDOK module and still use TrackIR (in FSX flightsim).
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2017 at 5:29pm
Hi!
A little bit wait for a response from the author of Ezdok - Marniftarr. He's out of town but will be back in the coming days. I have information that in version 2.6.0.28 planned some changes Ezca work with Track-Ir, this may be related with your issue.
Ezdok Team. {EZCA2-beta versions test and limited support}

Му Ezdok.2 cameras profiles there: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Jkrw/W9trazJpN
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2017 at 3:59pm
Hi , all !

Unfortunately this is not possible . I'll try to explain why.

If you install TrackIR software without EZCA, then TIR will contact the simulator directly. The coordinates of the head and the viewing angle of the TIR will be redirected to the simulator via a simiconnet using the Camera6DOF function. Thus, the external application can control the viewing angle and the position of the camera simulator. This function does not have the ability to mix signals from several external applications (add-ons). If you run TIR and EZCA together, then there will be a conflict between the two views. Each TIR visual frame will set the camera to its position, and EZCA will also set the camera to its position. Each visual frame, we will see a change in camera positions, as a result - flicker on the screen.

In order to avoid conflict, EZCA takes over the signal mixing function. In this case, if you rename the simconnect.manifest files, the TIR will be disconnected from the simulator and the signals will be redirected to the EZCA.
EZCA mixes the position of the head that you put with the mouse, and also mixes the shaking signals, and mixes the signals from the TIR. The sum of the signals will be redirected to the simulator via the Camera6DOF function. In this way, we can working with  two view systems  - TIR + EZCA.
When the EZCA is turned off with Num3, the sum of the signals is completely disabled and function  Camera6DOF will bypassed. Thus, the signal from the TIR will also be excluded from sending to simulator..

Unfortunately there is no way to temporarily disable the EZCA but leave the TIR output.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
Darto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2017 at 4:36pm
Thank you, I understand what is happening now.
---
Another question:
Is there a way to rename the simconnect.manifest back to the original name and then use TIR without EZDOK?

I mean of course using EZDOK and tIR for nearly every plane in the hangar, but for maybe one single plane you want to bypass EZDOK and only use TIR. So on the rare times you fly that one plane, could you do a manual renaming of files temporarily to accomplish this. And then rename them again for most of the time using both TIR and EZDOK?
b2vulcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b2vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2017 at 4:42am
Darto,
Run ezdok and TrackIR as normal then set a single view in Ezdok, say left hand seat view, with TIR enabled in that view. Would that solve your problem?
Darto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2017 at 1:48pm
Thanks that seems to do it.
b2vulcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b2vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 2:52am
Darto,
Just to add to my suggestion.
I set up 4 basic Ezdok viewa which I can switch between using my joystick. The views are:-
Left hand seat
glare shield
Overhead panel
Pedestal
And each of those views haveTIR enable so that I can look around them. I also have the tIR pause function mapped to my middle mouse button so that I can "freeze" the view while I operate the various cockpit buttons.
HTH

Dave
barrywells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 3:17pm
I have a problem trying to use TrackIR with EZCA and P3D v4. The manifest files have been renamed but original files are still there. If I turn them OFF then TrackIR nolonger connects to P3D. If I leave them ON along with the two renamed files ON then TrackIR will connect to P3D but this then causes problems with EZCA cameras.

I am using EZ.ver 2.6.0.20 with Resh.exe disabled because it causes some cameras to zoom out to infinity. No Resh, cameras work OK.

I hope someone can give me a clue as to what else I can try.

Baz
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 4:48pm
Without resh.exe EZCA2 may not work correctly. Try to install the version 2.6.0.27 and be sure to add the folder and all the (. exe) files EZCA2 to the antivirus exceptions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 2:59pm
I have installed EZCA 2.6.0.27 before but was getting 'Access Violations' so reverted to the previous version.

I have just updated again to 2.6.0.27 and things seem to be working now apart from some views rapidly zooming out to infinity. To get over this problem I disable Resh.exe then this doesn't happen but maybe that introduces other problems. Confused

I have checked that I have 'run as administrator' set up on all files. Is there anything else I can try to stop the zoom level reverting to zero?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 4:07pm
Update.

I deleted all the cameras with the zoom problem and then setup new cameras which now appear to be working OK. Smile

Hopefully my next session they will still be OK.

Baz
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2018 at 2:22am
Problem with resetting the zoom to a value of 0.0 was when switching from Ezca version 2 to version 2.5(2.6) if the camera set was made in the earlier version. A simple solution is to set the zoom manually on the faulty cell by using the keyboard buttons (+/-) and confirm with the button Num2 or because you have done this, create a new camera. I write this for those who might encounter this problem again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic