SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Bear Studios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote severniae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!
    Posted: November-07-2017 at 3:21pm
Hi,

I have been trying to get used to using the SU-30 MKK. 

It seems to be very hard, and the manual is almost useless....It gives what each switch does but with very little context. It seems that to enter some functions, you need to be using several switches but it isn't clear on which to use.

Could someone help me out, I'm really struggling... Things I'd like to be able to do (but am failing!) are:

1. Enter a simple flight plan (start at point a, turn point b, then VOR c, land at airport d)

2. Use the autopilot - It seems hard to get the AP to function correctly. Also, even when avtivating the computer control below the HUD, it seems very easy to select some option somewhere else that locks out changing any commands, or even the menu. is this a bug, or functionality? The manual doesn't make it easy to figure out if it is either.

3. Use auto-thrust - and get it to hold a speed/mach number

4. reliably enter  a com or Nav frequency. Half the time I seem to lock out options. I'm sure because I've selected a switch somewhere else, but again it's hard to be clear where..

5. Show a map on the screen - I've had varying success here, I can get it to show navaids, and airports and the magenta line. but often these images just flash away on the screen for no particular reason... Is it something I am doing?

I like to usually figure things out, but I've been at it for weeks now and only making very small headway  - if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Best Regards,
James
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic