SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with W10 installation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 2:54pm
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:01pm
Your OpusFSIUpgrade LIC file (your OpusFSI v4 Upgrade licence) is still showing a date of 2104 so I suspect this licence has not been re activated.

The v5 Upgrade licence needs to see a valid v5 and v4 licence.

Stephen :-)
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:02pm
I did reactivated them twice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:04pm
Best delete or rename it before activating it just in case the file has become locked or protected.

It should have a 2018 date though (not an old 2014 date) if its been re activated as it would have been replaced with the new valid licence for your Win 10 system.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:11pm
The 'FAIL 1' report in the log file can only occur if...

a. One of your DLLs in the OpusFSI_v5 folder is unable to be accessed or corrupted.
b. Your OpusFSI v5 Upgrade licence is invalid.
c. Your OpusFSI v4 or v4 Upgrade licence is invalid.

My guess is its failing check (c) as the last modified date of that LIC file is stuck on 2014, indicating it hasn't been updated during the re activation attempt.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:12pm
Stephen, if you don't mind, and to avoid other mistakes, would you walk me, step by step , into this?

Thank you !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:15pm
First you need to download this wrapper file from our Downloads page ...

OpusFSI Version 4 'Upgrade'

Ver 4.73.5, 12 May 2017, 35.0 Mb

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:19pm
Rename your OpusFSIUpgrade.lic file to say OpusFSIUpgrade_OLD.lic

Then run the downloaded wrapper.
Use your key file for that product and order password to activate the new licence.
You can use the Flight1 automated service to request a new key file and password if needed.

Let me know how you get on.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:26pm
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:28pm
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:38pm
That looks better, your licence has the correct date now.

What about v5?
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:41pm
I guess I have to d/l the new wrapper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:44pm
You’ve done it now haven’t you. Both licences look as though they’ve been updated and activated.

Yes you should always download a new wrapper as that wrapper contains the very latest release version.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 3:53pm
Is v5 all working now?

No errors in the FSISERVER log file?

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:05pm
Now the installer doesn't recognize my password....and I change it too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:09pm
I thought you had already activated your licences.

Have you tried running FSISERVER again?

You only needed to re activate your v4 licence then give v5 a try again to see if it runs ok with the new activated v4 licence installed.

Note in the future each product may have its own order password, just as it will have its own key file and requires its own wrapper EXE file to re activate. But you only needed to activate your v4 licence and re try FSISERVER to see if it’s ok. If you do need to activate v5 licence then you must use its wrapper, key file, and relevant order password.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

Here's my Windows Defender Security Centre, note my App and Browser Control is turned OFF.

Steve,
THANK YOU very much, your support has been outstanding, now is about to Flight1 to enable again my password and I should be good to go.
Shoul I leave the above set up active at all the times ?
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:17pm
Yes the above is ok. But you could enable Win Defender and Firewall when not swimming as you don’t have an AV installed.

Is FSISERVER log saying you have an invalid licence?

Do you need to activate your v5 licence, depends if it’s dated after your windows install or before it I suppose.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2018 at 4:18pm
Well done.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic