SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with W10 installation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with W10 installation
    Posted: January-12-2018 at 10:31pm
Hi everyone,
just migrated to W10 from W7 and I have serious trouble to run OPUS FSI.
I read and performed all the steps suggested in the forum how to re-install the software but still I am at loss.
Windows Defender is shut down
Opus FSI is allowed through the firewall
downloaded and manually installed OpusBL5.dat + the other .dll for license reading.
Reactivated the license key via the Flight1 account.

FSX box SP2 W10 16G RAM I7 8700K

I appreciate any help.

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 6:05am
Hi,

Looks like it’s either failing to download the OpusBL5 data (or text) used to validate the licence or your licence files have not been re activated.

Your licence files seem to have been created last year (modified 2017 and 2014), I was expecting them to be new after re activating them using the appropriate wrapper EXE files. They do need to be activated / replaced as they will be invalid after changing the operating system.

Check you have allowed the FSXSERVER.EXE through your firewall for both private and public networks.

Make sure you have no AV active at all.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 8:45am
Hi Stephen,
thanks for your prompt reply.
I'm thinking of reinstalling the whole thing, is it ok to delete all the keys license from the Opus FSI folder? I'm assuming the new Flight1 wrapper will install them back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 9:30am
You can delete the .lic files, keep hold of your licence details and other stuff though.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 10:39am
Thanks.....I can always retrieve them from my Flight1 account
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 4:07pm

Still no joy......what would be the next step?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 5:40pm
OpusBL5 data cannot be downloaded. It must be downloaded as part of the licence checks.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 7:15pm
Would you tell me how this can be done, if there is something that I can do on my side?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2018 at 4:35am
Double check that you have allowed the FSXSERVER.EXE program through the Firewall via both private and public networks. Double check you have shutdown any AV software and disabled Win Defender (check it). The FSXSERVER program needs internet access and must not be blocked from downloading its BL5 data or html text file.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2018 at 5:00am
If you’ve ever had Norton AV installed make sure you use their removal tool.

Search Win Defender and ensure it say Disabled.

Ensure FSXSERVER.EXE has been added to the Firewall program list and given full access to all networks.

Ensure no programs such as Avast installed as it may block FSXSERVER even if you have told it to trust it.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2018 at 12:07pm
Thanks for your continuous support Stephen....but right now I feel like I put some cash right down the drain, this upgrade to W10 is not working the way I hoped ( having problem with PMDG also) and it is a shame....FSX with W7 was in perfect state of mind with everything working flawlessly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2018 at 12:28pm
Windows 10 latest update has added a great deal of other security checks all controlled via Win Defender options. These measures were introduced to protect people from the recent Ransomware attacks.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2018 at 6:41pm
Hi Stephen,
I have an open ticket with Flight1 and seems that the problem is my license that somehow is corrupted......is there any chance to get a new one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2018 at 5:06am
We don't handle licensing.

You should just re activate it using your key file and order password. Both your OpusFSI v5 and v4 Upgrade licences may need to be re activated if you have made any changes to your PC or operating system. Remember to use the correct v4 and v5 Upgrade wrapper files.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2018 at 7:12pm
Reactivated both licenses and still not loading the interface with the green bar.....Flight1 support also is saying that they don't handle licenses.
I hope that after I paid someone is going to resolve my problem!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:16am
Must have asked the wrong question. Flight1 don't handle the licence checks, that's done in the OpusFSI software, but Flight1 do provide the licences; that's why you use their wrapper to activate them.

The resolution has to come from yourself really, I can help of course. The FSISERVER.log file is reporting what licence error checks are failing and I assume its still reporting an invalid BL5 data file.

If so, this problem must be corrected on your system. The software MUST be able to download its OpusBL5 data from our server. Best check if this error is still being reported which implies the BL5 file is more than 24 hours out of date. I will check here to ensure this is not a problem with the checking procedure. But your server must be allowed to download this data via your Internet.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:22am
My licence and BL5 file validity checks work fine when the file is downloaded without problem.

Can you double check your PCs clock, is it showing the correct date and time ?

Can you also try and delete your OpusBL5.dat file, then run the FSISERVER and check that a new OpusBL5.dat file is created.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 9:37am
I will check tonight Stephen..... I'm sure that the clock is in sync.
I really hope that we will sort it out, I love the software and I don't see myself using a different one.
Thank you very much for your great support!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 9:45am
Just need to first check/allow the download of the BL5 file, that’s simply done by deleting it first and then checking a new file exists. If it doesn’t the check the FSISERVER.log file for errors.

If that’s ok then I will look into including more detailed logging of errors relating to the checks. Need to know there are none of the above more obvious problems first.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 9:54am
Ok
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:08pm

Deleted the BL5 file but the Server failed to load a new one
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:16pm
I have downloaded from the main site under "Other download" the BL5 and now this comes up:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:17pm
Right that means your system is blocking the FSXSERVER program from accessing the internet and downloading the BL5 data file. I will conduct further tests tomorrow morning to rule out any problems in FSXSERVER but unlikely to find anything.

Double check your have allowed the FSX SERVER through your firewall and not the FSI SERVER.

I will also check Win Defender, mine is disabled completely and it appears different from yours. Win Defender will block the download. I may have to look at allowing a manual download with OpusFSI. You should look closely at your system though, as the above proves the FSXSERVER cannot download the file.

I will double check for any errors in the FSXSERVER program tomorrow though. I will report back here..

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:22pm
Ok thanks. That’s reporting a licence check failure, reading your licence file in c;\Opus Software.

Double check your C drive is shared with permissions.

If you have a v5 Upgrade licence then you will need BOTH your v5 Upgrade and previous v4 (or v4 Upgrade) licences to be activated, with current dates. Did you re activate your previous v4 licence along with your new v5 Upgrade one?

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:24pm
I will look to allow more leeway with manually downloaded BL5 data files, the current leeway is 24 hours. Hence, it’s best to sort out the access and download problem.

I will double check everything this end and see if I can increase the timeout limit. I will confirm tomorrow if my Downloads with FSXSERVER are all as they shoukd be.

Your OpusFSIUpgrade.lic (v4 Upgrade licence) file looks old in the above post. Looks like you may have upgraded your v5 Upgrade licence but not the v4 Upgrade one. I will soon be getting rid of the Upgrade option and then will get rid of the need to have valid v4 licences with the v5 Upgrade. Just as I did with the previous v4 product.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:29pm
I have re-activated both yesterday!
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 5:56pm
Ok, are they both 2018 then. I will check what my Win Defender security Centre shows. Double check your C drive sharing and permissions just in case and I will report back tomorrow after I’ve double checked my system here. I will set up an FSX system.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 44 minutes ago at 5:10am
I have just noticed your FSISERVER.log does not even show the download attempt, probably because its being blocked by your op sys. Normally it should show something this...

OpusFSI Flight Simulator Interface

Log Generated 17 January 2018, 10:07 Hrs

Installed Folder: C:\OPUSFSI_V5

FSICONFIG Sim Folder: F:\FSX
FSICONFIG Sim Folder: OK
FSITHEMES Initialise: C:\OPUSFSI_V5\Weather\OpusWeather.WTB
FSIGENCOM Initialise: OK

Data Download ...
Data Download Initiated
Data Download Completed
Data Download Checked
Data Download Validated

Invoking DLL Checks ...

No DLL Errors Detected.

Installed Files:

FSISERVER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.02  , 16 January 2018, 14:05 Hrs
P3DSERVER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.02  , 16 January 2018, 14:05 Hrs
FSXSERVER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.02  , 16 January 2018, 14:05 Hrs
FSDECODER.EXE Version: 5.2.0.02  , 16 January 2018, 14:05 Hrs
FSISYSTEM.DLL Version: 5.2.0.02  , 16 January 2018, 14:05 Hrs
OPUSFSI.DLL   Version: 5.2.0.02  , 16 January 2018, 14:05 Hrs
OPUS.DLL      Version: Correct  , 29 October 2012, 18:24 Hrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 40 minutes ago at 5:14am
Here's my Windows Defender Security Centre, note my App and Browser Control is turned OFF.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 34 minutes ago at 5:20am
Also your Virus and Threat Protection may only be temporarily disabled as you do not have any other AV software installed. It may still be doing stuff in the background to protect your PC and hence may still be blocking your download.

I am looking to allow 7 days validity for the BL5 file to make manual download less of a chore.

Stephen
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 15 minutes ago at 5:39am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 5 minutes ago at 5:49am
Making Progress ...

Your OpusFSI may not even be attempting to download the BL5 data file. This is most likely due to it having already detected an error in your licencing and library checks.

I am preparing a new Beta that will include more diagnostics and record greater detail of failures in the FSISERVER.log.

I will let you know when it's ready. After you install it, run FSISERVER and let me see the FSISERVER.log file content I should be able to determine what is wrong.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 4 minutes ago at 5:50am
Thanks. Don't bother checking anything else until I post the new beta for you to try.

Stephen Thumbs Up
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 56 minutes ago at 5:58am
Ok

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 2 minutes ago at 6:52am
OK. I have just posted Beta Version 5.20.3 ready for you to try. Hopefully this will isolate the problem or at least shed further light on it.

Stephen Thumbs Up
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 51 minutes ago at 7:03am
Thanks for your continuous support.... giving it a try tonight.
enzo64 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzo64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 15 minutes ago at 2:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 14 minutes ago at 2:40pm
Very good, I will check and report back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 4 minutes ago at 2:50pm
Can you check your Opus Software folder for me, double check the last modified/updated dates on your two licence files. The above fail usually implies either a corrupt OpusFSI DLL or an invalid licence file.
What are the dates on these files.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic