SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Heli Traffic 2009 and FSDiscover Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Helicopter Traffic with IMM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helicopter Traffic with IMM
    Posted: June-10-2014 at 2:15am
Hi Everyone,

A short time ago I purchased the Heli Traffic program here at Flight1 which I find quit interesting and fun to play with. I have a Windows7 system and FSX Acceleration. I have used it along with the Airport AI traffic program also made by Flight1 and they work well together.
   I also purchased the Instant Mission maker program from Flight1about 2 weeks ago. I had read in one of the forum topics here that the Heli Traffic program would not work with IMM. Well......I have been building a military mission and forgot to turn off the Heli Traffic, it has been on all the time I have been building the new mission and I have heli traffic galore!!!. Contrary to what I read, both programs seem to work together just fine. The Airport AI Traffic program also seems to work in a IMM mission.
   I do not know why they work together but they do. I thought I should post my findings here. I would like to hear what the creators of these programs have to say. I think it is wonderful they work together on my PC. I hope to get some feed back on this topic.

hendrik467@yahoo.com

Dan Culver

hendrik357
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 3:02pm
The programs don't work "together". The work independently from each other, without knowing about each other! Heli Traffic doesn't know a mission is in progress, so it continues simulating a helicopter traffic during a mission.

By "not working with IMM", I meant you couldn't control the helicopter traffic from the mission. Like making an AI helicopter take off at a certain point in the mission. But just as a background traffic that continues running during a mission, Heli Traffic will work just fine.

hendrik357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 6:13pm
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I am glad the heli traffic can be used along side the IMM program. It makes scenarios more life like and interesting. I now understand how they work.

NOW I have a question about about the Heli traffic program: Will it conflict with the Air Trafficx program if used together?
   If I need to create a topic for this question I will.

Thanks for help and ideas !!     
                                        Dan
hendrik357
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 7:27pm
Heli Traffic shouldn't conflict with AirTrafficFX.

hendrik357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 8:37pm
Cool and thanks
hendrik357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic