SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAT SWITCH AS BUTTON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marwanhamed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAT SWITCH AS BUTTON
    Posted: June-17-2017 at 9:12pm
Hello ,
I'm trying to make dual use of my joystick's hat switch using the "Hat switch as button" function.,

The scenario I'm trying to set up is as follows:

With trigger released==> Hat switch pans
With trigger pressed==> Hat switch moves the POV to front, back , left & right.

currently; With the trigger pressed EZCA stops the panning (As expected) but doesn't move the POV, Even though it successfully detected the hat switch key presses in the button configuration menu.

However,If I map these new hat swich buttons to other EZCA camera functions, It works.. It cycles through the views as intended. but it doesn't seem to do anything if mapped to POV move functions (forward,backward..etc..)

Hoping I explained the situation as clearly as I could.

PS:I'm using P3DV4

Thanks.
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 10:09am
Originally posted by marwanhamed marwanhamed wrote:

Hello ,
I'm trying to make dual use of my joystick's hat switch using the "Hat switch as button" function.,

The scenario I'm trying to set up is as follows:

With trigger released==> Hat switch pans
With trigger pressed==> Hat switch moves the POV to front, back , left & right.

currently; With the trigger pressed EZCA stops the panning (As expected) but doesn't move the POV, Even though it successfully detected the hat switch key presses in the button configuration menu.

However,If I map these new hat swich buttons to other EZCA camera functions, It works.. It cycles through the views as intended. but it doesn't seem to do anything if mapped to POV move functions (forward,backward..etc..)

Hoping I explained the situation as clearly as I could.

PS:I'm using P3DV4

Thanks.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the author is busy with the adaptation EZCA2 for the program in full in P3D4, so did not notice your question. I myself do not use the "Hat switch as button" so I can't answer your question. If you haven't watched the video about this feature, maybe there is the answer to your question. When you watch, turn on the subtitles in English.

If this does not work, it is necessary to write in support.

With best wishes. Nick
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}
marwanhamed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marwanhamed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 6:55am
Thanks for the reply and apologies for my late reply.
I understand how this function works ,I can get the hat switch buttons to do other function when the trigger is pressed, like switching to next camera for example. However I can't seem to bind moving the camera forward & backward etc. to these virtual buttons. I can only bind specific functions.

Allow me to bump this thread.
Thanks for your help.
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 7:45am
I think I understand, You want to by pressing the HAT with the trigger you have moved the camera as when you press the buttons "arrow" on the keyboard. I'll ask the author EZCA Marniftarr if this is possible.
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 2:46am
I talked to Marniftarr the developer of EZCA. At the moment it is not possible to use the move in VC by using HAT as You want. Technically, it is possible to make the module "Hat switch as button" to work with any appointments, but it is a difficult task and the result can cause problems with the processing of keyboard events. In any case, if it is ever made, only after the implementation of other planned features.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic