SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glass Cockpit Modified to Steam or Round guages.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glass Cockpit Modified to Steam or Round guages.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetblst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glass Cockpit Modified to Steam or Round guages.
    Posted: November-24-2014 at 1:00am
2D

3D

What I would like to do is get rid of the glass and make a steam guage version of this panel.  I really want to keep everything else on the panel so starting from scratch is not in the plans.

The area of where the glass instruments is where I want to replace.

1.  Is there anywhere one can get decent analog gauges?  I'd be looking for what would be in say a DC-9 of old.  Late 70s early 80s vintage.  Most of the guages they used back then in the Airliners they used in the Corporate Jets as well.

2.  Would there be any issues with bitmaps or left overs if you will from the glass cockpit panel.cfg?

Thanks so much

Respectfully

Jet

n4gix1303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 2:42pm
You can do whatever you like to the 2d panel, but you cannot modify the 3d model. (See my reply in the other thread you started.)
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
jetblst View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetblst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 2:57pm
Thanks again Bill! Actually going 2d will serve the purpose just fine. Someday ( in retirement ) lol I'd really love to learn how to build gauges both glass and steam.

Any ideas where I can go for old school steam gauges for the Beechjet?
Respectfully

Jet

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic