GEX NA v1.095 PATCH IS NOW LIVE
Posted: January-02-2011 at 12:40pm
GEX North America v1.095
GEX NA v1.095 is a free update patch and is available to all GEX North America customers. At this time, the update is currently only available as a patch through the Flight1/GEX members gateway.
GEX North America v1.095 will provide the following:
Includes GEX NA patch v1.092
New airport pads for wet and dry locations
Minor additions/changes in autogen to rural areas
New textures for UTX rail yards, interchanges and UTX 'called' grass skirting
Color enhanced the default FSX road textures for those who do not use UTX
Added interface control to manually enable or disable the GEX/FSX autogen tree performance fix
Added GEX tree tile performance fix for users who fly other countries such as New Zealand and South America
If you use UTX USA with GEX North America, if you have not already done so, please note the fix we posted for displaying the rail yards correctly: http://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-usa-users-rail-yards_topic33531.html
You must be on GEX North America v1.09 or above to install this patch. This patch is inclusive and only requires v1.09 to install it.
TO OBTAIN THE PATCH:
We have significantly simplified the member area login process!
If you are already registered, or not, you are good-to-go with the new system by following 3 easy steps:
1. With a connection to the internet, open the GEX NA interface, verify at the top of the interface you are on GEX NA v1.09 (or above)
If your GEX NA interface version is 1.08 (or lower) you will need to download the full product http://www.flight1.com/download.asp?id=gexusacan (free to all USA/Canada customers), uninstall the old version and install v1.09 from Flight1, then continue below to obtain the 1.095 patch. If you own the older GEX USA/Canada DVD product (before 1.09) you can obtain a new code through the Flight1 ticket system to install the 1.09 product.
Click the UPDATES button in the interface. You will see a direct link to the GEX/Flight1 Members area, Click it. A browser session will start.
2. In the single login box enter your certificate number (or in the case of DVD the reg code provided on the box).
Case sensitive, caps, or dashes do not matter! The system is now designed to auto-correct for you as long as the certificate alphanumerical characters are correct. The system will automatically detect your GEX product and display the available updates for it
Please make sure your certificate/codes are kept secure. The secure hash generated link is code-locked to your IP only. Do not close the member login browser session window while downloading the update or you will have to start a new session if the connection is lost. Once the download is complete you can close the browser.
The system will decline a login if it defines multi-location(s) shared codes in use at which point the GEX certificate/code will be automatically deactivated and remove the wrapper install key from the Flight1 system till the certificate is verified through the ticket system.
3. Once your certificate number is verified a secure IP location hash is generated and a list of download links for the product will be displayed. Click on the link for the GEX North America v1.095 patch and download. Resume is supported if you use a download manager.
1. Run the installer. The patch will locate your GEX NA install automatically through the registry, there is no need to browse the patch as long as GEX North America v1.09 (or above) is installed and is in use on the system. When complete the patch installer will inform you of success, close it.
2. Open the GEX NA interface. The first time the interface is run after the patch is applied the interface will request a backup be run. You can allow this backup or cancel it if you do not keep backups of the FSX default files. The interface will only back up additional files that we added to GEX NA and will skip any files previously backed up.
3. After the backup process is complete (or skipped), select the options in the GEX interface that apply to your install. If you do not use UTX simply select the GEX MAIN option (first choice)
4. Click "Install Selected Options" Once the progress bar completes for all selections, your upgrade is complete.
Remember, there are no FSX scenery library entries with any GEX product. GEX simply overwrites the default textures and autogen notation.
That's it! GEX NA v1.095 is now installed and ready in FSX.
NEW INTERFACE FEATURE:
TREE TILE AUTOGEN SWITCH
As we pointed out in several posts here in the forum, the autogen tree tile performance fix GEX provides by default in all GEX products exposes a glitch in the FSX autogen exclusion code. The issue can be seen far more with UTX installed. Some users may be more effected by this glitch than others, some may not notice it at all.
Please see this thread if you wish to review details about this issue...
The glitch does not appear everywhere but can effect spot locations where autogen may appear out of place such as in lake coves, river forks and in some cases smaller airport runways, therefore we have added the option to all GEX interfaces to allow users to easily enable or disable the fix.
This feature is enabled by default in all GEX versions
Once the feature is disabled the sim will revert back to calling massive amounts of trees on the tree tiles. Performance may drop around forests and other large tree grove areas. We provided this fix for users who see performance drops around trees (as most do) and it works very well eliminating the need to use the FSX.cfg file to invoke autogen tree limits (which can actually cause strange stutters), however given the glitch it exposes in FSX some users may prefer this fix disabled at times so we included that feature in the interface.
On the GEX interface you will see a link as shown here:
A box will appear...
Simply select to enable or disable the feature then verify in the popup and click OK, the box will automatically close and the change is complete!
NOTE: FSX must be closed and then restarted in order for the change to take place
Thank you from the GEX Team!
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum