SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GEP3D FOREST PATCH - WHITE SQUARE FIX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEP3D FOREST PATCH - WHITE SQUARE FIX
    Posted: January-02-2017 at 2:30pm

GEP3D SNOW FOREST PATCH - WHITE SQUARE FIX

This is a small patch

This is for GEP3D/Prepar3D ONLY, it is not for GEX/FSX(SE)

The following patch fixes a change in Prepar3D from FSX that causes a bright white square to appear in some forests around the world during hard winter snow. If you do not fly in hard snowy winter or do not see the issue, you can skip this patch as it will be added to our next update cycle.

The fix is very simple and must be applied to the GEP3D main install directory, not Prepar3D directly..  

2. Copy the contents of the unzipped folder (16 files) and browse to your GEP3D main directory install, DATA2 folder and paste/OVERWRITE the files.

If your GEP3D directory is elsewhere than shown below, browse to it and the DATA2 folder as shown in the example

Example:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition\DATA2 <---- Open this directory, select PASTE and then select COPY AND REPLACE which overwrites the originals with the new files.

3. Open the GEP3D interface, Click the green button next to "Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition which will then turn grey (selected) and then click the red DISABLE button at the bottom of the interface. Allow the operation to complete. It will automatically uninstall any GEP3D/UTX product features and restore the backup to P3D in one automated operation.

4. Once complete click the red button next to "Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition" and select the green ENABLE button at the bottom of the interface. Allow the operation to complete.

5. If you have any UTX products, click the first red button in the list next to the UTX product to select it, and then click the green ENABLE, repeat down the list (one at a time) for any other UTX products installed.

When you open Prepar3D you will see a brief Scenery library update.

That's it.. ! Big smile

Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 9:35pm
Nick,

Unfortunately winter textures squares did not go away after the recent update. Moreover, "forest" textures in southern Europe (LEMD Area) represents the same green ugly squares.

P3Dv3.4HF2 is here. UTX Europe v2.0 and GEP3D v1.00 installed. No ORBX stuff or whatsoever.

Thanks
Dmitriy
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 9:38pm
Here is the fresh screen with geo coordinates

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c14idr6e5v38avb/Screenshot%202017-01-11%2021.36.33.png?dl=0
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 9:42pm
One more

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al56y1a1ohbe6cw/Screenshot%202017-01-11%2021.41.15.png?dl=0
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 10:04pm
Another "damaged" GEP3D textures + coordinates

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tloytesis4vwvky/Screenshot%202017-01-11%2022.02.43.png?dl=0
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 10:29pm
I can not see any coordinates in those images which are too small to read..   please post them directly here

I will also say this, from the images that appears to be a landclass issue where a landclass is calling a forest tile without masks. The original issue was snow tiles which I have confirmed is fixed. There are no green tile issues.
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 10:35pm
No 3rd party landclass here. Only UTX2.0 and GEP3D. It happened after v3.4

The screens too big too upload and I don't have software to reduce them, really sorry. To say it simple, it's a southern Spain between LEMD and LEMG (simply draw the line from North to South) that filled with such squares.

What would be the troubleshooting for this issue? 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 11:04pm
I have UTX Europe v2.1

I have not installed P3D 3.4 HF2 because they have confirmed serious issues with that update and will be fixing. The snow tile problem is confirmed back to 3.2, this green tile problem has nothing to do with this patch as shown...  its their issue, not ours, OR, your UTX version is screwed up

I enlarged your images and checked here

My result:

My result:

What ever you are seeing has nothing to do with GEP3D

and the snow issue should be fixed, please show me an image with data that says it isn't because I know that was fixed.

I will post this in the LM developer forum.

EDIT: PLEASE read the next post and upgrade UTX and cycle GEP3D for UTX Europe... post back the result

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Dimon Dimon wrote:

No 3rd party landclass here. Only UTX2.0 and GEP3D. It happened after v3.4

The screens too big too upload and I don't have software to reduce them, really sorry. To say it simple, it's a southern Spain between LEMD and LEMG (simply draw the line from North to South) that filled with such squares.

What would be the troubleshooting for this issue? 

Please update your UTX Europe to v2.1 and report the result

Then DISABLE/ENABLE the UTX Europe region in the GEP3D interface

UTX Europe v2.0 is well over a year+old
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 8:26am
Nick,

1. I can confirm that I have UTX 2.1 or whatever was the latest for ALL UTX series. I'm constantly monitoring this forums, thus all the updates are in place.

2. Yes, I can confirm that I'm on P3D version 3.4 with HF2, however since version 3.1 I have been always updating the Client and Content only, but never the Scenery. Simply speaking, my Client and Content are 3.4, but Scenery is still 3.1. It has never been a problem before 3.4, but it is now. 

3. Do you think that it's worth to install new Scenery and see what will happen? In this case, I would appreciate a suggestion how not to kill the add-ones, especially UTX layers+textures and GE3PD textures.

Thanks
Dmitriy
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 8:51am
I'm also wondering why I'm the only person with this UTX/GE3PRO issue...hmmm
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:09pm
I will install 3.4 HF2 here, recheck these locations and report back.

Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:19pm
Thank you, sir.

Will be expecting your report.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:24pm
I have installed 3.4 HF2 client only, there are no tree or other tiles out of place in the locations displayed and there are no issues with snow tiles.

What ever you are seeing appears to be on your end, at least no one else has reported what you are seeing and I can not duplicate it here.

The only thing I can think of is a corrupt UTX install assuming you have never installed any Orbx products and even if you did and uninstalled them.

Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:29pm
I have ORBX Australia, ORBX YMML, YBBN, ESSA and YBCS + ORBX Tress - nothing else!!! Except for Australia itself, those products do not modify either general landclass or general textures. I really doubt that this local product could corrupt textures all over the world

I'm going to carefully uninstall GE3PRO, UTX and reinstall them back again later and report. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:30pm

Thank you, sir.

Will be expecting your report.

Try disabling UTX in the UTX config tool and see if the problem stops
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:33pm

I have ORBX Australia, ORBX YMML, YBBN, ESSA and YBCS + ORBX Tress - nothing else!!! Except for Australia itself, those products do not modify either general landclass or general textures. I really doubt that this local product could corrupt textures all over the world

I'm going to carefully uninstall GE3PRO, UTX and reinstall them back again later and report. 

Yes, Orbx regardless of location is well known for causing issues like this, especially the first image where I see a hard repeating pattern.

Orbx regions mess with lclookup.bgl and also edit  the terrain.cfg

I assumed you had no Orbx from this post:

Nick,

P3Dv3.4HF2 is here. UTX Europe v2.0 and GEP3D v1.00 installed. No ORBX stuff or whatsoever.

Thanks
Dmitriy

It would have saved us both a lot of time had I knew you do have Orbx installed. This is not an uncommon problem seen in the UTX forums all the time with Orbx

I would say you need to disable GEP3D, uninstall and then reinstall UTX, then enable GEP3D again and the UTX Europe option in it.

That should correct the Orbx issue that has most likely caused this. Also, if they still use FTX Central, it must be set to FSX (or P3D) Default when not flying in a Orbx region.

Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:36pm
Okey, 

Now I see. I thought ORBX stuff relates to their generic products only, such as GLOBAL and Vector.

Since I have ALL of UTX Series except for Carribean, should I unistall USA and Canada as well?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:39pm
Are you seeing this all over the world?

I would start with UTX Europe and see if it corrects the problem in the locations you showed, then check other locations in the world. If its fixed then the single reinstall of UTX Europe corrected the terrain.cfg

Past that make sure any FTX Central tool is set to P3D Default
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:45pm
Yes, I'm seeing this all over the world especially where UTX does not present. Amazingly, in dense populated areas where UTX draw heavy landclass (both urban and rural), I don't see these oddities almost never.

However, once I fly over, let's say Iceland or North Canada (still UTX product but less-detailed landclass and terrain) I see those squares (green and white) all the time. 

And yes, I purchased FTX Australia back in October time right after P3Dv3.4 was released and that's why I blamed v3.4 for ruining my GEP3D textures.

Best Regards
Dmitriy
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:47pm
I'm sure you are dealing with Orbx on this one.

Orbx regions mess with lclookup.bgl and also edit the terrain.cfg

I'm not sure how much damage has been done or if one UTX region reinstall will fix but I can guarantee you its not UTX, GEP3D, or, Prepar3D HF2
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:49pm
Ok,

I will do what you suggested later this evening and report back.
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 7:00pm
Ok, here is the story...

1.Disabled GEP3D
2.Started uninstalling UTX Europe and get message that ERROR Terrain.cfg, but continuing with de-installation anyway.
3. Reinstalled UTX, but got messages that two dozens of textures' references in terrain.cfg are missing. 
4. Fired up P3D and found out that green/white tiles still exist.

Now...

I realize that my problem is terrrain.cfg mess and badly regret the day I installed FTX crapware.  Is there any way to recreate default terrain.cfg and then one-by-one install UTX and GE3PD without re-installing the entire sim?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 7:45pm
I don't know how FTX works, but their control system may restore the default files.

Perhaps ask in their forum?

As for a default terrain.cfg, I don't have one myself. I don't know if you can move the current terrain.cfg and then run the P3D repair install, that might work.

Honestly I think you are looking at a clean reinstall
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:04am
Nick,

Could you please tell me the location of lclookup.bgl?

PS. I spent almost ALL  weekend reinstalling P3D from the sctratch. All UTX/GE3PD stuff were installed nicely. Then I decided to install just their HD Trees (tiny piece of software) and their FTX central AGAIN messed up with terrain.cfg and perhaps with some other files EVEN without installing any other sceneries.

Such a pain!!! 

Definitely it's my fault and I should have been listen other people.
Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:05am
PS. Terrain.cfg can be generated automatically after you delete the existing file
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:21am

Nick,

Could you please tell me the location of lclookup.bgl?

X:\<your P3D install>\Scenery\BASE\Scenery

I would not let anything associated with product 'Z' touch my system for any reason.

..and believe me, its not just terrain squares, there is a lot more being changed you don't know about.

PS. Terrain.cfg can be generated automatically after you delete the existing file

You must open then close each UTX config interface after such a rebuild so the UTX entries are made to the new terrain.cfg. GEP3D makes no changes.

Nick,

Then I decided to install just their HD Trees (tiny piece of software) and their FTX central AGAIN messed up with terrain.cfg and perhaps with some other files EVEN without installing any other sceneries.

You are certainly a glutton for punishment, especially after posting this several days ago...

I realize that my problem is terrrain.cfg mess and badly regret the day I installed FTX crapware.

Hope you get it sorted..  

Our primary customer base is professional for GEP3D which took off and is doing very well. Although we support the academic market our primary customers do not hang out at the X<whatever>SIM.com hobby sites so they know what not to install in their sims in order to make the aircraft the primary focus without performance dives and scenery issues.

Dimon View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 9 minutes ago at 7:49am
Nick,

I'm going to try to ease my pain a bit and re-install The Scenery Component of P3D alone to see if default bgls will be returned in its place. Hence, my question whether UTX installers replace any of the default bgl or textures files OR they create their own unique bgls and textures. My guess that latter is more correct, so I don't have to worry that The Scenery Component reinstall will wipe UTX file. 

GEP3D, in turn, replace default textures, so my guess that I should return the back-up first, disable GEP3D, install new Scenery Module and then activate GeP3D again.

Hope it's right process.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 59 minutes ago at 1:59pm

Nick,

I'm going to try to ease my pain a bit and re-install The Scenery Component of P3D alone to see if default bgls will be returned in its place. Hence, my question whether UTX installers replace any of the default bgl or textures files OR they create their own unique bgls and textures. My guess that latter is more correct, so I don't have to worry that The Scenery Component reinstall will wipe UTX file. 

GEP3D, in turn, replace default textures, so my guess that I should return the back-up first, disable GEP3D, install new Scenery Module and then activate GeP3D again.

Hope it's right process.

UTX is fairly independent of everything, but I cant vouch for the process. It may work just fine, but if the scenery.cfg is replaced that may be a problem. I would remove any FTX entries in it and save the original scenery.cfg

With GEP3D that will work fine.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic