SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

General

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 1:33am
Not an OpusFSI question ...
This has nothing to do with Opus ... it's your FSX Stream Edition's operation.
Does it have an 'Always', 'Trust Program' or 'Don't Ask Again' tick box etc., if so then tick it.

Stephen :-)
twharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 10:32pm
Hi, Stephen. I just downloaded and installed the latest v4.50.4. I did uninstall my previous version first. WHen I start OpusFSI I get an error message that states:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application....
Unable to load DLL 'opuspdk_oculus.dll': The specified module cannot be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I don't have oculus and it isn't checked in the configuration window.

Cheers,

Todd
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 1:10am
You most likely have the OpusPDK Interface enabled and either have not copied your OpusPDK.DLL across into the sims Modules folder or have not updated the DLL. Check your FSISERVER Configure dialog, you will need to set up the OpusPDK Interface and make sure the OpusPDK Oculus option is turned off.

Stephen
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 4:31am
Curious question, the weather window shows the options for low and mid level cloud cover. Should there also be one for upper level clouds? Is this data injected or do we just leave the METARS to give upper altitude clouds (seldom see anything above FL250 in a metar). Have we/are we using all the data sources that are possible?

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 5:12am
I believe your version is out of date as this option is no longer present and all cloud determination is carried out automatically by the LWE based on both METAR and GRIB atmospheric forecast data. However, the upper level is simply cirrus cloud which is not defined in the METARs, these are already controlled by the preferences configuration settings. In auto mode the appropriate GRIB atmospheric data is referenced.

twharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 6:33am
Stephen, as I stated in my earlier post the opuspdk interface is disabled (unchecked). That's why that error message doesn't make sense.

Regards,

Todd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 6:44am
Then make sure you are starting the program in its root install folder (e.g. c:\OpusFSI) and that the OpusPDK.DLL is present. You could also try upgrading to the latest beta.

twharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

Then make sure you are starting the program in its root install folder (e.g. c:\OpusFSI) and that the OpusPDK.DLL is present. You could also try upgrading to the latest beta.

Stephen,

Ends up the oculus.dll file was copied to my P3D\Modules folder even though it was disabled in OpusFSI (strange). I also discovered that the OpusPDK entry in my dll.xml file was somehow deleted. I manually retyped the dll entry and everything seems to work now.

Regards,

Todd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2015 at 11:03am
Glad to hear Todd. The oculus file is old and not supplied at the moment so can be deleted from Modules, everywhere in fact.

Regards
chumley View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2015 at 8:48pm
Hi Stephen

I have been doing some testing of a .dll that goes some way to addressing the issue of 'eyepoint shifting' and is particularly useful for people flying the PMDG and Aerosoft large airliners in the southern hemisphere where the eyepoint shift is quite dramatic at times.

In my testing I have had to make some adjustments to my Camera Views to accommodate the program but nothing major.

I was discussing some aspects of my finding in an email exchange and mentioned I was an OPUSFSI user and that some time ago you had implemented the LCC capacity to adjust the eyepoint of camera views that were of a temporary nature without affecting the Camera settings.

He asked me for some information on a contact point for you as I think he would like to discuss his development with you (I understand he has previously been unsuccessful contacting the developers of Ezydok and Track-IR).

Is this the best email contact? opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

Regards

Andy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 1:51am
Yes. But remember you can never have two eye point adjustment programs active. If anyone can quantify the eye point shift we will of course add a feature to take account of it. But I just use LCC with a game controller so the correction takes only a second or so and is no big deal.

Stephen
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:29am
Originally posted by chumley chumley wrote:

Hi Stephen
I have been doing some testing of a .dll that goes some way to addressing the issue of 'eyepoint shifting' and is particularly useful for people flying the PMDG and Aerosoft large airliners in the southern hemisphere where the eyepoint shift is quite dramatic at times.

I'm intrigued by this. I'm in NZ and feel this is something I should know about!!

Any chance you could elaborate (or if you have a link to more info).

I've developed a pretty comprehensive set of LCC views for OPUS over the months(/years?) I've been using it and haven't noticed anything "odd". I wonder whether it's related to our bath water going down the plughole the opposite way LOL!

Adam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 4:03am
This FSX bug only happens with certain aircraft and at certain locations on the globe. If you haven't noticed any problems then you don't need to do anything. But using LCC to make small offsets or corrections to your LC views when it does happen takes only a second and is no real hardship.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 8:05am
Extract from User Manual, LCC Section ...

If you suffer from the FSX anomaly (bug) that shifts the aircraft axis for certain aircraft (e.g. the new PMDG 777) at certain locations then try using the LCC to correct this before flight. First correct the anomaly by shifting the VC view using the LCC, then use the LCC Set Camera function which saves the view offset and associates it with the camera view. If the anomaly subsequently corrects itself in flight then you can use the LCC Reset All Camera function to set the view back to its original position.

Possible Improvement ...

I will give it some further thought but I could save all offsets you apply along with the current latitude and longitude, then I could introduce shortcut commands to auto 'Set' the offset, or enable/disable an auto offset mode for all VC views, choosing the nearest known offset within 50 miles (80km).

hesynergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hesynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 6:27am
Stephen,

As I'm sure you know you can check your records if you don't…i've been using OpusFSX for quite a number of years. But I have to express some concern at the fact that I couldn't find Joaquin anywhere....and according to the weather reports I should've been flying right in the middle of it....I saw no evidence nor any reports that indicated there was foul weather in the area.

Checking against ASN, Joaquin was big, hairy, nasty, and very evident on my controls and my eyes and the radar.

Please tell me what I was doing wrong ...

Thanks
Chas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 7:19am
Not really a 'Coming Soon' question, I will move these posts after a while.

First you should ensure you are using the last posted OpusFSX version.

Then check through Getting Started Guide to make sure your OpusFSX is configured and set up correctly for injecting weather (configuration and sharing, permissions etc.). Then use defaults and recommended practices. You cannot have more than one weather source active so shouldn't be using ASN at all. As for the airport, what is its ICAO code and does it have a METAR submitted to NOAA. If not the its weather is interpolated so just generate the weather in opus, check the weather map and also any generated or on screen reports.

The opus weather will be more accurate that ANY other source, especially with the current OpusFSI product.

I couldn't find any METAR on the NOAA ADDS site for SEGU (if that's the airport you are referring to). If it has a METAR then it will have correct weather in opus in accordance with your settings, otherwise you will have to check the opus weather maps and generated reports. If you are referring to the former OpusFSX turbulence then that all depends on your DHM and sim settings.

Stephen
hesynergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hesynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

You cannot have more than one weather source active so shouldn't be using ASN at all.

Stephen

I was referring to airports in the area with FSI, then OpusFSI weather disabled and running ASN, never both weather engines at the same time...btw....OpusFSI cameras were active at all times, and that was a hoot!

Chas
thefly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2016 at 10:31pm
Dearest Stephen,

Dropping you a note to say thanks for keeping this software alive!
We  moved 3 years ago and flight time has been far and few between... haven't taken a flight in over a year, sat down this night, came to the announcement page (It's still here!!!),  got the latest update and presto... it's just as great as it always has been!

I Thank you Sir for all your efforts and we are wishing you well from across the pond!!!

Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2016 at 1:48am
Many thanks Doug and welcome back. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Best Regards
Stephen & Cheryl
RCFlyer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCFlyer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2016 at 8:46pm
Stephen:

Does FSI read low level airways (Victor airways in the US)?  I was entering a flight plan into FSI and entered :  KMVY PVD V146 KALB.  When I hit the process button the processed result was: KMVY PVD KALB; a direct route without using the V146 Victor airway.  

Thanks

Danny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2016 at 2:56am
It does indeed, but you must enter a valid entry and exit point for the Airway so your flight plan should have been entered as...

KMVY PVD V146 ALB KALB

As a result of this I will add a useful Airways search option to the LWA Map so you can see all the entry and exit points defined along an Airway. That will make it easy to select which ones are appropriate (see Coming Soon).

PVD is a valid point on the Airway, you just needed to specify the exit point.

From the OpusFSI Flight Plan text report...

Plan:

KMVY PVD V146 ALB KALB

Route:

KMVY    MARTHAS VINEYARD      Lat  41.393028   Lon  -70.614333   Met Stn   United States
PVD     PROVIDENCE            Lat  41.724342   Lon  -71.429636   Nav Aid        Freq 115.600
FOSTY                         Lat  41.843184   Lon  -71.642039   Way Pnt    
PUT     PUTNAM                Lat  41.955461   Lon  -71.844095   Nav Aid        Freq 117.400
WITNY                         Lat  42.049394   Lon  -72.236656   Way Pnt    
KIBBE                         Lat  42.104425   Lon  -72.469772   Way Pnt    
BAF     BARNES                Lat  42.161961   Lon  -72.716197   Nav Aid        Freq 113.000
CTR     CHESTER               Lat  42.291317   Lon  -72.949392   Nav Aid        Freq 115.100
ALB     ALBANY                Lat  42.747281   Lon  -73.803183   Nav Aid        Freq 115.300
KALB    ALBANY                Lat  42.748267   Lon  -73.801692   Met Stn   United States
RCFlyer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCFlyer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2016 at 11:23am
I understand better now.  Thanks for the information.

Danny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2016 at 11:28am
See the latest post in Coming Soon. This update will make it easy to select your entry and exit points, or just select a useful airway to follow.

RCFlyer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCFlyer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 11:26am
Stephen:

If LM P3DV4 is 64 bit will Opus still work or will it need to be revised?  I would really hate to lose its use.

Regards,

Danny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 12:05pm
No problem...

It should work ok as it's an external program, although a new version will be needed for our OpusPDK library which will have to be 64-bit. So you may have to just disable the OpusPDK for a while until we post an update.

In addition the soon to be posted OpusFSI Version 5 is prepared for this as it separates the FSX and P3D server and client programs and the P3D variants use LMs Dot Net 4 SimConnect library. When LM go 64-bit we will also post 64-bit versions of the new OpusFSI Version 5 P3DSERVER and P3DCLIENT programs.

So we're all prepared and ready with OpusFSI Version 5. I will be posting the Prototype very soon.

Stephen
RCFlyer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCFlyer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 6:14pm
Outstanding,,,,as always.  

Danny
birdmanmike View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdmanmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2017 at 5:18am
Does that mean we'll need to run two versions - 32 and 64 if still running FSX as well?

thanks, Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2017 at 5:34am
No.

OpusFSI Version 5 has separate server and client programs for FSX and P3D variants. The FSXSERVER and FSICLIENT programs will be 32-bit and Interface via the Dot Net 2 Microsoft SimConnect. The P3DSERVER and P3DCLIENT programs would be 64-bit and Interface via the Lockheed Martin Dot Net 4 SimConnect.

At present all programs are 32-bit as FSX and P3D are both 32-bit.

The final setup of course depends on LM so I may have to provide 32 and 64 bit versions of the P3D server and client programs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic