SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight1 General Discussion and Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 Cessna 162 SkyCatcher for Free!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight1 Cessna 162 SkyCatcher for Free!
    Posted: April-25-2017 at 3:05pm
Hi,

Flight1 has decided to make this product available for free. It is a great addition to your library, and now a unique part of aviation history. The G300 cockpit is accurately modeled in very high detail. The product should work in FSX, FSX Steam, and Prepar3D v3.

Click here to get the SkyCatcher for free...

Steve

Flying Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 3:51pm

Thanks for this freeby Steve.

Best regards, Jaap.
pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

The product should work in FSX, FSX Steam, and Prepar3D v3.

Should work, or definitely does work in P3D and SE?

It has never worked in SE or P3D according to the product page and the official forum. Officially, this product is only available for FSX boxed version.
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 5:17pm
We made some changes and it tests out on my systems in all 3 sims. However, the revisions were not sent to a beta test group. I just know they work on the test systems I have.
Steve

pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 5:22pm
Roger and thanks, I will try to install it in P3D V3.4
pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 6:07pm
The one thing that seems to be failing is the database import tool, so the MFD has no NAV data at all.

The file database.f1d does not even exist in the program data folder, there is only a file named F1GPSGeneral.dat

UAC is off and Win10 defender anti virus does not touch my P3D its totally excluded. 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 7:35pm
Wait a sec... I think that got left out. Stand by...
Steve

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 8:22pm
OK. Just download it again. The missing data file is now included. It was accidentally left out of the rebuild (sorry about that).

The Database Import Tool is no longer valid anymore actually (it is not actually in the installer anymore).
Steve

pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 9:10pm
Thank you Steve!
pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 10:09pm
I'm feeling kinda bad about bringing this up, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the new,I see the new folder C162 containing the new database.f1d and database_timestamp.dat files, but the only navdata that this added for me was some airspace data, and waypoints on the IFR map; airports are totally missing. 

Not sure if this matters or gives a clue, but I can see a flash of a database building in an instant upon loading the flight with the 162. I remember this taking 20-50 seconds in FSX years ago. I have a much faster PC now, but to build the NAV database in less than a second is not likely possible, something seems amiss with how fast that is happening.

Also, not sure if this matters, on the MFD INFO (4/22/2017 Version 1.3.0.62) page the "licensed to- Unlicensed"  and "Order-Unknown" makes me wonder, is something built into the code that does not allow complete data to be displayed on unlicensed software. (?)  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 12:08am
The Unknown/Unlicensed screen simply means that we no longer are validating the license data. It should not affect what you see.

Here is what I see on the MFD in Steam (and mine says Unknown also). This is in FSX Steam. Not sure if P3D will make a difference.

The data will take time to load. You have to wait. It first only shows airspace and waypoints, then the map will pop up.

In P3D it will not rebuild the navdata so it will simply blip by. But Navdata is included.

I can give it some more testing tomorrow in P3D.

Steve

pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 7:32am
Steve,

I installed the 162 in my FSX SE and I got a couple of errors upon loading the flight:

-Windows cannot find f1dataimport.exe
-Cant start process "  

I checked my C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\F1_C162 folder and the error is correct, there is no  f1dataimport.exe 

The thing is, in FSX SE when the plane loaded  after the initial errors the database looked to be complete, airports n all.

P3D remains w/o airports even after waiting an hour. 

Since my C:\Prepar3D v3\gauges\F1_C162 contains the correct file that SE was seeking,  I copied the f1dataimport.exe and the associated f1dataimport.ini  files into my C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\F1_C162 folder and SE ran the import fine w/o errors.

I hope that this helps, and I appreciate your time and effort looking into all this, considering the circumstances.

Paul
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 8:18am
It turns out that tool is needed... I am trying to figure out what the discrepancy is. But it was added back to the installer. You just got it in between.

See http://www.simforums.com/forums/162-skycatcher-displays-problem_topic58079.html and make sure the database exists.

Also, make sure SimConnect is installed into P3D... It is in this subfolder of P3D

\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

You may need to also install the FSX-RTM and FSX-SP1 versions of SimConnect if using P3D. Or at least it will not hurt to do that.
Steve

pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 9:36am
Too many conversations in too many places about different products (P3D/FSX) and different levels of experience on F1 wrappers/install procedures on this.

When I go to that conversation, I'm going back to a problem already solved by us. I have the database in P3D with the first update you released, I said that already, but the airports are still missing.

All the simconnect files were installed in P3D 3.4 by me as the first thing I do after P3D installation as other add-on products require them as well.

This new (older but larger) database.f1d from the other conversation did not make any difference, I still only get airspace and waypoints only in P3D, no airports.

I have just reinstalled the 162 this 3rd time and still no airports in P3D 3.4.

I'm all set in FSX-SE, the 162 is working as expected when I manually copied the f1dataimport.exe and the associated f1dataimport.ini  files into my C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\F1_C162 folder   

However, now my UTlive will not initialize in P3D. 

I think I will just sit back and wait because I have already gone thru the basics of AV/UAC.  99.9% of the time, if I have a software problem, there is a problem with the software and not me or my system. Its getting too confusing and messy trying to mix P3D and FSX solutions then adding AV and other solutions like run as admin that have been 2nd nature to me for decades.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 10:48am
Yes, running multiple sims on one computer can get confusing, and multiple things may be going on.

It tests perfectly well on my P3D version 3.4 install. I just tried it. Navaids/map data/airspaces all work.

UTLive would not be related in any way to the SkyCatcher, as nothing loads at sim startup with the SkyCatcher. But, UTLive not initializing may be related to the issue!

If you see a SimConnectP3D2.dll installed by FSUIPC in the modules folder, you may want to temporarily rename it. That file has caused a few issues with the Level-D 767. We do not know why.
Steve

ebgee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 11:44am
Steve,

I'm running P3D 3.4 with no other sims installed on a brand new computer build with Win10 Pro.  P3D is installed on its own HD.  My C162 loads with no PFD or MFD, but no license errors or anything like that either. I'm also having several problems with panels in the Level-D 767.  I did find and remove the SimConnectP3D2.dll from the modules folder as well as the reference to it in the dll.xml.  Simconnect is installed in the location you mentioned in the post above.  I've tried making sure the installers are run as admin.  So far, nothing I've done has helped or fixed the problems.  I purchased both of these "back in the day" and was excited to hear that they were now P3D compatible.  Any further help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:  Sorry for wasting your time. I just discovered what I had been missing in a thread on the Level-D forum.  I'm afraid that I was rushing things and hadn't installed all of the older versions of Simconnect.  Now that I have, both planes are working perfectly.  I suppose I should slow down and search the forums thoroughly more often. 
Tim-HH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-HH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 2:50pm
Thank you very much for this generous gift! Smile

Greetings
Tim
pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 4:58pm

It tests perfectly well on my P3D version 3.4 install. I just tried it. Navaids/map data/airspaces all work.

Its interesting because with my initial question/doubt that it would work in P3D, you said it worked fine, yet you still had to fix the database issue saying that the database got left out. How could it have originally worked fine for you in P3D or in any sim, when you said plainly that the database got left out? A would be huge mystery to others. :-)   

My UTlive was not initializing because I pointed it to FSX SE for a little bit. I pointed it back to P3D but I guess I had to press save twice - once was not enough, but that is all - no simconnect issues.

My LD 767 is running fine in P3D; I even completed a 4 hour flight last week with no issue.

I will leave this issue on the shelf for now, maybe in time enough people will have the same issue and someone will figure it out. Funny because the 162 in FSX SE works fine for me too. It will be interesting to see if more P3D users have the same issue of no airports in the database. If not, I will figure it out or just forget about it.  

Thanks for trying to help.
ryanbATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 6:08pm
I'm in P3D v3.4 and do not have any thing on the MFD except terrain and airspace outlines. I downloaded this morning so I believe I have the latest installer.
Mike Cameron View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by ryanbATC ryanbATC wrote:

I'm in P3D v3.4 and do not have any thing on the MFD except terrain and airspace outlines. I downloaded this morning so I believe I have the latest installer.

Same with me.  My database was also only 12MB.  I have all of the simconnect versions installed.  Uninstalled and went back to the previous free installer.  I have a couple of error messages relating to update program but otherwise the aircraft works and I have the airports and other navaids.

Mike
Avsim Reviewer
AirDailyX Reviewer
danewatson View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danewatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 6:45pm
The 162 partly works in my FSX-SE except the Garmin does not turn on. So it is useless to fly.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 10:29pm
It is appearing more and more that all 3 versions of SimConnect need to be installed. They are available for FSX Steam and Prepar3D in the main folder.

The database should be 16,698,641 bytes exactly after a fresh install.

Maybe reboot also.
Steve

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 11:23pm
Also, a fresh build was uploaded with a new data import tool that basically does not do anything. It was originally there for a future purpose having to do with an instructors administration tool.
Steve

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danewatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 12:42am
I downloaded again reinstalled to the correct FSX Steam option - STILL NO GARMIN.
Is there a more updated file for downloading?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 7:28am
Try installing the FSX-RTM version of SimConnect.

I just added it to the installer if you have trouble finding it, but it is located here:

YOUR_STEAM_PATH\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\Simconnect.msi
Steve

pracines View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pracines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 10:00am

Also, a fresh build was uploaded with a new data import tool that basically does not do anything. It was originally there for a future purpose having to do with an instructors administration tool.

Whatever this fresh build was, it did the trick, I now see airports.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to help Steve - customer service like this for a free product will pay off big, no doubt.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danewatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 10:24am
Steve, I hate to ask what could be a dumb question, but, I am not quite sure what you are suggesting I do to fix the no Garmin problem.
Do I download a new file?
If yes, where do I get that file from?
Are there other files to download?

Sorry for such questions and as has been said by someone else - you are offering superb service/help, especially when this is a free product.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 1:25pm
You can just re-download it. SimConnect is installed in the most recent build.
Steve

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danewatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 7:24pm
Thank you Steve, so far all looks good I just now have to check out the Garmin features to make sure all is good with them as well.
flyingleaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingleaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 4:49pm
Thank you very much Steve. Awesome.
Karl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 2:40pm
Hi Steve, I would like to join the C162 Skycatcher forum, however since the plane
is a freeby there's no order number, which is required to join. How do I go about it?
Best regards, Jaap.
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2017 at 6:54am
If you look at the forums list you will discover that the C162 forum has been moved out of the group of forums that require registration.

DJ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2017 at 10:09am
O.k. Thanks D.J.
Best regards, Jaap.
Golly777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golly777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2017 at 10:49am
Hello and thank you for a nice free aircraft.

If I may be impertinent, is there a way to clean the windshield ? I like to be clean and tidy and that bird doodoo is going to really get my OCD going nuts !!!

Thank you.

EDIT   -   SORRY, just read the manual - I know that is a first !!! Found the control panel. Apologies.

i5 7600k at 4.2 / gtx 1060 6gb / 16gb ddr4 at 2400 / samsung evo 850 - sounds good, but FSX still suxxxx ! (ASSC, REX ground and water, OrbX global and regional UK with landclass/ vectors. Old + Tired
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic