SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight file is corrupted or does not exist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight file is corrupted or does not exist
    Posted: March-25-2018 at 4:56am
Hi,

I just downloaded an Air China PMDG 737 repaint (https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pmdg_737ngx_800_jkx_airchinab5311.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search) and successfully added it to FSiPanel (version 1.0.0.84).

When I restart FSiPanel (with FSX being closed), I now select that aircraft ("Aircraft in use: PMDG737 - 737-800 - Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China Winglet"), select an airport, a runway and 8NM final. Pressing "Move A/C" starts FSX, but I get the following error message during the FSX start (translated, as my FSX is not an English version):

"The requested flight file is corrupted or does not exist. C:\Program Files (x86)\FSiPanel\FSiPanel\SituationFiles\PMDG 737-800 MLW Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China WingletsF30FINAL"

Listing that directory yields the following:

> dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\FSiPanel\FSiPanel\SituationFiles\PMDG 737-800 MLW  Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China WingletsF30FINAL*"
25.03.2018  17:28            12.134 PMDG 737-800 MLW  Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China WingletsF30FINAL.FLT
21.07.2017  12:28           169.110 PMDG 737-800 MLW  Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China WingletsF30FINAL.FSSAVE
21.07.2017  12:28            93.404 PMDG 737-800 MLW  Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China WingletsF30FINAL.WX

Since this does not happen with the repaints coming directly from PMDG which do not contain whitespaces, I tried to remove all whitespaces and updated the configuration files for the Air China repaint, but without any luck.

The same happens with other repaints that I downloaded from avsim.net for PMDG 737. Installation works fine, but FSiPanel does not seem to be able to start them into FSX.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Thomas

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2018 at 5:05am
Hi Thomas,

I will try to download the same livery today and to give it a try.
I will come back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2018 at 7:27am
Hi Thomas, I have tried the same livery without an issue.
Did you run both FSX and FSiPanel as adninistrator?

Cheers
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Thomas Karsten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2018 at 10:47am
Hi J-P,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. Both FSX and FSiPanel run with administrator rights. Otherwise I couldn't have successfully added an aircraft to FSiPanel.

Anyways, I'll see if re-configuring FSiPanel helps somehow. I will first remove all aircraft configuration and see if I can install the said livery. If that doesn't help, I will re-install FSiPanel.

Regards,
Thomas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2018 at 10:45am
J-P,

I think I found the issue. The filenames I listed in my initial post all contain two whitespaces before "Boeing", for example "PMDG 737-800 MLW  Boeing 737-8Q8 NGX Air China WingletsF30FINAL.FLT". When I rename the filenames to contain only one whitespace before "Boeing" it will work (besides a huge trimming issue, but that might be related to a different problem).

Of course it's weird, because in the "Aircraft.xml" the filename is correctly specified (i.e. with two whitespaces). Now it's either the operating system that doesn't deal with two whitespaces correctly (Windows 7), or FSiPanel is reducing consecutive whitespaces to only one. Any chance for such a section in the code of FSiPanel before loading the file?

I have this problem with other files from avsim as well, by the way (e.g. https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pmdg+737+skymark+ja73nl&CatID=fsxacrp&Go=Search). And they all install with two whitespaces before "Boeing", for whatever reason.

Can you please check your files in the SituationFiles folder and tell me if they contain two whitespaces before "Boeing" for the Air China livery?

Thanks,
Thomas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2018 at 3:44pm
Hi Thomas,

Yes my files have also 2 white spaces and they work properly..
What I suggest is to wait 1 or 2 weeks and FSiPanel 2017 for FSX will be ready for you to test. This version won't have such issue as the filenames are different.

Wondering why you have this issue though?!

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 7:15am
Hi,

I did some further testing and removed all my aircraft from the configuration and added back the ones from PMDG. The same happens with these files as well, the system is unable to find the file. Very strange.

I have no idea why that is, and so I tried to re-install FSiPanel. Now I am running into a different problem though: After starting a fresh installation, the registration process tells me "Please check your internet connection and try again." Such an issue has been reported in this forum before, and according to previous threads I enabled FSiPanel to go through the Windows 7 firewall:

However, I still get the connection error message and I am unable to register FSiPanel. The version that I have is 1.0.0.76 (that was the version when I purchased FSiPanel).

I don't remember running into this issue when I registered FSiPanel the last time (probably more than 1 year ago). Is there anything else I have to check?

Thanks,
Thomas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 1:14pm
Hi Thomas,

FSiPanel 2017 for FSX is ready for beta testing, do you want to give it a try?
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
meyercub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meyercub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 7:05pm
Hi,
Just wandering when this amazing product will be available for purchase in FSX? I will totally but it right when it comes out. When are you expecting realease date?
Cub Meyer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 4:39am
J-P,

Sure, I’d love to give it a try. Where can I get that from?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic