SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Screenshot Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight 1 Cessna 172SP Mod with Default G1000-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfd1063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight 1 Cessna 172SP Mod with Default G1000-
    Posted: December-22-2011 at 12:21pm
A couple of years ago while getting my private pilot's license, I reworked the Flight 1 172R using the FSX default G1000.  This helped me with running through my basic preflight checklists, using the G1000 Nav/Coms, and practicing maneuvers with a panel like I saw in real life.  Well, after receiving a couple of emails from forum members regarding this configuration, I decided I would try to upload it to the Flight 1 File Library (if there is interest) but with some stipulations:

1.  I made these modifications years ago and am NOT a professional repainter or programer.  This in no way compares to the outstanding work that you would expect from a Flight 1 product. 

2.  I only used the default G1000 for a few months since I was flying a NAVIII 172 with the GFC700 autopilot and decided to purchase an aftermarket G1000 with Flight Level Change like what I was flying (the default uses an older G1000 with the KAP140).  I only mention this because I have had to go back and try to "rebuilt" this with default gauges so there is a chance I have forgot to do something correctly.  In other words, I would offer this up as a "beta" version.  There is a chance I screwed something up and it way require a fix or 2.

3.  The panel night textures are less than perfect.  I will try to revise them but I wouldn't be able to promise any updated ones for a few weeks.

With all that said, let me know your thoughts.  Here are a couple pics of what it looks like:

wfd1063
jxeboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jxeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 2:55pm
Sent you a PM!
ViniComanche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViniComanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2013 at 1:25am
Hey man!

Im flying this model now and for real and I'm looking hard to find a link to download this C172S G1000, but I couldn't...

Can you give me a link to download yours and instructions to install it?

Let me know

Thanks!
wfd1063 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfd1063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2013 at 2:14am
To be honest, I never uploaded it cause I only had a couple people express interest and those that did, I sent it to them directly.  If you want to send me your email, I can do the same for you.

wfd1063
wfd1063 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfd1063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2013 at 11:05am
After a couple of private messages, I went ahead and uploaded this package to Flight 1's File Library.  It make take the administrators a little time to get it posted but be looking for it in the near future.

In an effort to encourage everyone to dust off this lovely little bird, I will also be uploading some repaints for this plane in the coming days.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic