SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ezdok world camera extention tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ezdok world camera extention tool
    Posted: January-24-2017 at 3:30pm
Hi,

I have developed a small tool, EzdokEx, which allows you, automatically assign the
world cameras of Ezdok to a certain profile. Is a Hotkey assigned
to this profile, it is possible, to switch always to the nearest
world camera or a standard airport camera (depending on the aircraft
position) with one key.

For example, you have create different airport tower cameras,
you can comfortably switch with one key to the nearest airport
camera and observe your approach from outside.

If a world camera has not been created for an airport, a "standard
camera" can do this job. So it is not absolutely necessary, to create
a camera profile for each airport.

Regards
Jens

Download
simperfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simperfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 4:01pm

Jens

Thanks for the opportunity to try your tool   - will post my thoughts to-morrow

Regards
Kevin
leesanghun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leesanghun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 8:23pm
That's a fatastic!
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 7:05am

This tool is working and betatest is Ok!

Enjoy this.

EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
sinonquoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinonquoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 10:06am
Hi all,

Thank you Jens for this tool.

However I don't understand how to make it work. I have created a world camera using initial aircraft position and renamed it DynamicCam, assigned hotkey to it (I can see DynamicCam.ini in "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\EZCA\DB2\world").

Then I am lost. I checked "Set default airport camera" and pointed it to my DynamicCam previously created.

When FSX starts it shows the line "EzDokEx nearest camera :" with no camera mentioned, and if I hit the hotkey defined for DynamicCam it goes in the middle of nowhere, apparently far from where my plane is sitting since it messes up completely the scenery rendering.

What am I missing ?

Thanks for you feedback...

Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 10:26am
Hi,

can you post two screenshots from Main and Setting Window ?

Which FSUIPC Version do you use ?

Alternativ send it to
EzdokEx(at)gmx.de

Regards
Jens
sinonquoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinonquoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 10:58am
Hi Jens, that was quick !!

I use FSUIPC4, Version 4.939m (registered)...

Attached below EzdokEx main screen and Settings (FSX not running when screenshot taken)

Hope this helps, many thanks !!

Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 11:18am
Hi,

okay, it seems, there is a small bug Confused if the number the of the cameras are zero

Can you create one world camera so the number of cameras is greater than zero ?

I will fix this on Monday.

Regards
Jens
sinonquoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinonquoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 11:55am
Ok I will try that and report...

So basically another world camera anywhere that EzdokEx doesn't point to in its settings right ?

Best regards!
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 11:58am
Yes, create with EZDOK on any airport (or position) a world camera
sinonquoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinonquoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 12:46pm
Done, yes now it works if I setup another world camera and make sure EzdokEx points to DynamicCam it its settings...

Thanks for the quick reply, it's a great tool !

Best regards
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 1:32pm
Glad to hear that it works and pleases.

Thanks also for the report.

Regards and nice weekend
Jens
simperfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simperfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 2:08pm
My initial test wasn't successful but I have used it again and slowly I am getting to understand it

My main concern is that it sometimes it re-writes my world camera positions and picks a camera
a huge distance from the planes actual location

I will continue to test it and see If I can get it workable on my setup
Kevin
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 2:29pm
Hi simperfi,

Can you tell me which world camera is rewrite?
The camera for ezdokex or a another camera?

The Problem with the huge distance - is this a problem with the default airport camera?

If so, which Simulator do you use?
P3d does not send the nearest on first position (in fsuipc)
I have fixed this for the next Release.

Regards
Jens
simperfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simperfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 3:46pm
this will take a while  - I will get back to you

I now have it working under FSX the cam does switch to the nearest next World cam but it is
pointing up at the sky for some strange reason -
Kevin
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 4:12pm
Hi Kevin,

do you have the current release 1.0.2?
If not, you can download it from the link of the top and try agein ?

For a test you can also set the write log file parameter to true in the ezdokex.ini file and send me the log file after this problem occured?

Regards
Jens
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2017 at 2:45pm
Hi,

a new release 1.0.4 with some minor bug fixes and some extensions is available
(see the history file in the package - link on the first topic)

Regards
Jens
barrel_owl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrel_owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 5:54am
Hi,
I installed EzdokEx v. 1.0.5. I read the instruction PDF and used the screenshots as reference to configure the basic settings. Problem is: the hotkey to display the closest cam does not work here. If I understand correctly, after scanning all available world cameras, this tool should display the closest Ezdok world camera in-sim by pressing the chosen hotkey. The scanning is OK and the tool shows the closest camera through an advisory in-sim message on the top of the sim window, as expected. However, no luck to have the closest cam displayed through the selected hotkey. I tried different combinations of Ctrl (Strg) + ... and none of them worked.

Any suggestion?   
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 6:02am
Have you set the Hotkey in Ezdok to the camera wich you have choose in EzDokEx for the nearest world camera ?

The Hotkey Set in EzDokEx is only to show the nearest camera name in FS

Regards
Jens

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrel_owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Jenzos Jenzos wrote:

Have you set the Hotkey in Ezdok to the camera wich you have choose in EzDokEx for the nearest world camera ?
The Hotkey Set in EzDokEx is only to show the nearest camera name in FS
OK, I see. So it was my wrong understanding about the real scope of this tool.

I have 37 world cameras in Ezdok at the moment and yes, depending on the airport I am, I always assign 2, 3 or more of them to some combinations of Ctrl+ number. But this is not ideal, as I have to change such assignments as I change the airport. I thought that EzdokEx would allow me to switch automatically to the closest recognized world camera depending on the aircraft position by pressing the chosen Hotkey, not only show the cam name in-sim. 

Thanks for clarifying this.
Jenzos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenzos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 6:50am
Exactly for this purpose is the tool.

You just have to configurate one world camera in Ezdok for the EzDokEx Tool, e.g. DynamicCamera. Then you set a Hotkey in EzDok for the DynamicCamera, e.g. Strg+6

Now, in EzDokEx you set the dynamic Camera in the main page to this Camera "DynamicCamera"

Regards
Jens
patten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 6:20am
Hi,
For some of you : when changing in camera.cfg worldcam : track=none to track=track, your camera will follow your plane .
Back up of course.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.Couldn't keep it for myself (was a tip in previous version of ez., not mine)but I like it.

greetings,
patten

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrel_owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 8:14am
Originally posted by patten patten wrote:

Hi,
For some of you : when changing in camera.cfg worldcam : track=none to track=track, your camera will follow your plane .
Back up of course.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.Couldn't keep it for myself (was a tip in previous version of ez., not mine)but I like it.

Yes, this is correct. 
Problem is, changing the parameter setting in the camera.cfg file from "No" to "Track" also removes your hat switch functionality for all world cameras (not for Cockpit and Aircraft views). The POV will be always hinged to the loaded aircraft. This is useful in order to track the aircraft, for example while taxying, taking off or landing, but very annoying when you need to move up/down, left/right etc. freely. 
Unfortunately, there is no easy way out. The cameras.cfg file is loaded along with all relevant data when you load your simulator. There is no way to change it "on the fly", either you have one option OR the other. Each and every change to the worldcam parameter in the cameras.cfg file requires a simulator restart.
patten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 10:29am
I suppose you're right , but I don't use POV, I have a Track-Ir...so.
But good to warn other people using hat switch.
happy flying !
patten
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic