SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software > EZdok Beta Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EZCA 2.5 for Prepar 4 HERE !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 5:52am
Biker57. Understood you. I need some time for study your method. 
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
cavaricooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavaricooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 12:55pm
Pete and Marniftarr-

Please consider that P3D ALSO sees add-on.xmls in the native Simobjects folder (a la A2a) so that is also a consideration....

BTW Pete- thanks for the pointer on editing the camera hot key 4- appreciated!

Best- C

Originally posted by biker57 biker57 wrote:

My modified method will be a commonly used method by users

many Pc simmers are now using smaller SSDs for Windows OS And separate drives for sim installs. It is extremely unwise bordering on rediculous for LM to suggest users install ALL external addons in %userprofile%\documents\Prepar3d V3/4 Addons

For P3d to auto-recognise addons it ONLY requires the Add-on.xml in that location[/QUOTE]
smoothchat View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothchat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 10:15pm

many Pc simmers are now using smaller SSDs for Windows OS And separate drives for sim installs. It is extremely unwise bordering on rediculous for LM to suggest users install ALL external addons in %userprofile%\documents\Prepar3d V3/4 Addons

For P3d to auto-recognise addons it ONLY requires the Add-on.xml in that location

Yes, we need to alert the P3D dev team as to just how crazy it is to be using the documents folder for addons.

So far, I have only found A2A using this addons feature (which prompted me to immediately use a  Symbolic Link to get these files off my SSD boot device), so far, all my other aircraft install directly into SimObjects

On my system, there's also an addons.cfg file in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v4 which has extra entries compared to the one in Appdata/Roaming.

Each file has a [Package.0] entry

(There's also additional dll.xml and exe.xml files in the ProgramData folder) An addon can insert itself in several locations.

Are they deliberately trying to make this complex?

Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 4:55am
Guys,  to  appeal to  LM, the appeal must be mass . I also do not like that A2A is install in the default folder ... I do not know what will happen with the boot disk space, if the scenery  are also will  installed to same folder.
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com
leftseat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftseat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 3:35pm
How much fps loss is there ? I am losing about 4 fps with chase plane in p3d4...
Greg
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by leftseat leftseat wrote:

How much fps loss is there ? I am losing about 4 fps with chase plane in p3d4...
Greg

If I close EZCA2 the FPS in Prepar4 not changed. So no FPS impact. The load on the CPU from EZCA does not exceed 1%, typically 0.7%
(Win7x64, i5-3750K@4000Hz, 16Gb DDR3, GTX960/4Gb)
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavaricooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 6:57pm
I'm with Nick- in fact, the performance hit is one of the reasons I never installed Chaseplane.

C
leftseat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftseat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2017 at 7:35pm
Ok thanks for the info
Greg
joefackel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joefackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

The load on the CPU from EZCA does not exceed 1%, typically 0.7%

Same. But what me shocked last time i checked process monitor was that EZCA had 118 active threads when P3d.exe had 65 active. Shocked
RRVyper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by smoothchat smoothchat wrote:

For P3d to auto-recognise addons it ONLY requires the Add-on.xml in that location

Yes, we need to alert the P3D dev team as to just how crazy it is to be using the documents folder for addons.

So far, I have only found A2A using this addons feature (which prompted me to immediately use a  Symbolic Link to get these files off my SSD boot device), so far, all my other aircraft install directly into SimObjects

On my system, there's also an addons.cfg file in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v4 which has extra entries compared to the one in Appdata/Roaming.

Each file has a [Package.0] entry

(There's also additional dll.xml and exe.xml files in the ProgramData folder) An addon can insert itself in several locations.

Are they deliberately trying to make this complex?

There is no reason to keep your Documents folder on the boot drive - in fact, it's not a good idea in case of a boot drive failure or OS reinstall.  To move the folder, right-click the Documents folder, select Properties, then the Location tab, and click the Move button.  Then browse to the location you want.  This will be transparent to your programs.

You can do this with other folders as well, such as Downloads, Pictures, Music, etc.

Tongue
GeorgiosGiannoukos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgiosGiannoukos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 1:57am
Hello, are somewhere ezdok cockpit and World camera sets ready to download?
Please let me know
stripealipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stripealipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 2:22pm
One quick question - all working perfectly with my current setup with ASP4 and a couple of third party aircraft but i was wondering if i'll still have to manually make the tweak to make the World Camera automatically track my aircraft and if there is any plans to add a button to switch this realtime in the app itself? Cheers!
Asus P9X79 Pro - Intel 3930K @ 4.4GHz - MSI GTX 1080ti GamingX - ORBX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavaricooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:44am
Marniftarr-

With this last beta build, when I load the PMDG DC-6, the zoom is always wrong (way too zoomed out as I normally fly at Zoom 1). To fix, I have to go to the EXCA outside view, which correctly loads the camera system, and then I load the VC and all is well again....

Carl
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 4 minutes ago at 4:45pm
Originally posted by joefackel joefackel wrote:

Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

The load on the CPU from EZCA does not exceed 1%, typically 0.7%

Same. But what me shocked last time i checked process monitor was that EZCA had 118 active threads when P3d.exe had 65 active. Shocked

Yes , it is correctly. 
Inside, the EZCA has a large number of parallel threads and a very complex structure for creating vibration effects. This is a real-time application. No post process operations. Threads  gives a performance boost.

Hi , All !

Now i stayed  outside the city. Here i have internet and i  can do  technical support, but there are no sources of code to continue the project. I will continue to develop EZ as soon as I return to office. It will be around the end of the week.
If 11 build is  working  well for 90% of beta testers, then there is a thought to make an official update from 2.1 to 2.5 version. Who thinks the same way?
EZdok software

www.ezdok-camera.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavaricooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 56 minutes ago at 4:53pm
It's definitely stable enough to release.  My zoom issue was corrected by running the config tool once more.  This really needs to be the FIRST THING everyone does, before anything else- I have forgotten about aircraft installs etc, and running this usually fixes my issues.  This v4 transition has been WORK :)

PLEASE, PLEASE get some native English speaker to produce a series of videos like you had for EZCA v1.  That guy was great, and IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR SALES, if you have a CLEAR AND CONCISE VIDEO SERIES.

Best- C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic