SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DreamFleet Dakota crashes FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DreamFleet Dakota crashes FSX
    Posted: March-29-2018 at 12:26pm
Just purchased DreamFleet's Dakota but when I select it in FSX, I can,t "FLY" and then FSX crashes. When I first select it, I can click on details and that info comes up, but when I select to use it, the plane appears in the window, doesn't rotate, and is all primer grey color. After about 15 seconds, FSX crashes.
My system is Win XP pro, sp3, 2 gb memory, Nvidia video card 512mb, FSX Gold edition with Accel pack. No scenery or plane extras have been installed. MCE and VOXATC have been installed. Did I miss something when installing, should I reinstall?

Thanks,
Steve
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2018 at 11:22am
Hello Steve,

You need to load a default aircraft first at an airport, before loading the DF Dakota as per the instructions in the manual.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
SRD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2018 at 6:06pm
Hi Jeff, so that didn't work for me. Here are the steps I'm taking:
1) start FSX
2) select Free Flight with my default C172 and my default airport KPAO
3) "FLY NOW"
4) select "File", "Aircraft" from the menu and select the  DAKOTA.
It then goes back to the airport, and with the Cessna's panel still showing, waits about 10 seconds and then crashes.  I can change to any of the other aircraft with no problems, but not the Dakota.

Thanks for the help,
Steve

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2018 at 6:25pm
Hello,

Do you get any error messages?

Are you running FSX as an administrator?

This is an older aircraft on an older OS. Support will be very limited.
SRD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2018 at 7:55pm
I do get a small window that has very little info in it, so I'll capture that and send it your way, and I am running FSX as administrator. How about a deinstall/renstall?

Thanks,
Steve
SRD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2018 at 9:48pm
Tried it again when I got home, and here is what happened.
"A Critical Error Has Occurred" You can look at what would be sent to Microsoft, but I can't copy it. Lots of .dll issues I'm thinking.

Steve
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2018 at 6:41pm
Hello Steve,

Make sure your antivirus is not interfering with your install or scanning your FSX or addon folders. I no longer have this aircraft loaded so I my help will be very limited.
SRD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2018 at 12:14am
Jeff, this machine is strictly for XFS. No antivirus, almost never connected to internet.
I deleted the Garmin app with a new result. Now after selecting the Dakota, the screen goes black then in a minute or so, a "Fatal Error" window pops up. The errors still seem to be with .dlls.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic