SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

configurating XpressSim Interface

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: configurating XpressSim Interface
    Posted: December-18-2016 at 11:45am
I read the interface is highly configurable, can you please post where it is located and some info on who to use it.  I post this because I have what ill call flickering shadows in the landscape and some out of focus when looking straight down at the ground.  All this takes place at about 800 to a 1000 feet altitude.
OFF  
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2016 at 12:39pm
OFF, 

Press the "Detailed Configuration" button.  This allows you to turn features on and off.  However, I don't know if that will help what you are seeing.

If you can find a way to post a screenshot, that might help us.   The only real flickering I have seen is with the UTX Lights at night sometimes, when the ground lighting versions are enabled. This can occur when the terrain changes elevation a lot within the ground spot.
Allen

oldfunflyer View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2016 at 3:28pm
Thanks but where is the detailed configuration button? is it while you are running FSX or is it in a file somewhere?  I know I am a dummy when it comes to digging around in files but I can not find where the Xpress down load is to open it to see if their is any users guide etc.  Do not get me wrong here what I have is soo very good and I am happy with it just though if I could make some adjustment I could clear it up, but a happy flyer.

OFF
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2016 at 3:30pm
One other thing when I try to post a screen shop the photo is to large I need to find away to make then at 500KB

OFF
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2016 at 3:59pm
OK..OK.. Please excuse my Dumb.. I found everything HA HA it's in the interface, Sorry..Deleted the interface and reinstalled it along with KBRO.. Need sometime to look it over..

OFF
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2016 at 6:09pm
Every element in the "Detailed Configuration" for all individual XS scenery products is enabled by default.

The only item not changed is the sim texture resolution which is on the same interface. That setting (1024-2048-4096) with respect to XpressSim only changes the sim reading the higher resolution building textures, nothing else.

You must be careful increasing the texture resolution as it changes everything globally, not just XS

Flickering doesn't sound like something that XS will change..   that may be a sim or video card driver deal. 
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 8:54am
It me tooo long to get my head out..  But now things are clear.  Like I said in above post my XpressSims product is the very finest and I am very happy to have it.  I was just playing around and goofed something up.  All is well here.  Looking forward to seeing Brownsvilles sister city and maybe even South Padre Island.

Best Regards
Marry Christmas
Happy New Year
Blue Skys

OFF
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 6:14pm
Hi OFF,

Just a note...

There was some technical issues regarding Matamoros and I had to cancel that area.   The data that I have access to is far too incomplete in that City.

However, South Padre is a possibility.   I would like to release products in at least pairs so that users can fly between local areas.
Allen

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 7:00pm
Good News Friend if you do/can do South Padre Island it would be great.  Think about making your run from the air port down Hwy 48 along the ship channel you will run thru Port Isabel and a resort Island called Long Island as a winter Texan I lived their at the time it was Outdoor Resorts.

Have A Very Merry Christmas and may the coming New Year be one of your BEST.

Regards
OFF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic