SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Products and Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cessna Skylane TC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cessna Skylane TC
    Posted: June-11-2011 at 2:20pm
I thought you all might like to get a gander at the soon-to-deliver Flight1 Cessna 182 TC.

A look at the Garmin G1000-equipped cockpit.

Here she is on the ramp.  I like the clean lines of the late-model Skylane! 

Climbing through about 3,000 feet.  The turbocharged Lycoming TIO-540-AK1A gives great climb performance.  We can maintain 25" MP at 2400 RPM all the way to 20,000 feet!

VFR at 4500 feet, cruising at 28" MP and 2400 RPM to give us 138 KIAS.  Looks like we picked up an "unwilling passenger" on the windscreen.  Remind me to clean that off when we get to Concrete.

Grabbing the info on Concrete Muni.  We'll make the turn to the last leg of our trip in a moment, then descend through the valley. 

Here we go.  Glad it's clear weather!

Yup.  Made it.  Where's that burger joint? 
Respectfully,

Kurt

"Proudly making Jim Rhoads crazy for over five years!"
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 5:29pm
Nice.  Good job master Yoda.
Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 6:30pm
Thanks, Jim.

This is a great airplane.  The model is on a par with the Mustang, the flight model is excellent -- it really gives you a sense of "being there" -- and it has the G1000, which means WAAS approaches and all the other bells and whistles.  Beautifully done!
Respectfully,

Kurt

Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 6:33pm
Oh, and it has a couple of pretty cool surprises, too. 
Respectfully,

Kurt

BOOM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 9:41pm
WOW!!!!!!!!!! :)

Patrick
Rimshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2011 at 7:59am
Nice!
Best,
Bert

Intel E8500
4 GB RAM
MSI N460GTX Hawk
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2011 at 8:39am
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
John Patterson
HercFan View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HercFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2011 at 4:23pm
As I mentioned in another forum, thanks for these. I am also one looking forward to this release. Will be a much needed alternative for quality GA Cessna in fsx. I guess the best news of all is that since testers can post pics, the release can now be dreamed of.

Cheers
ToniH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:59am
Does this plane include 2D panel?
Toni Hiltunen

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 10:31am
No 2D panel.
Ramonesg View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramonesg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 12:50pm
any ideas on how close are you guys to the release date of this spectacular bird?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:15pm
Actually we are essentially done. I think the biggest problem is the time to finish the manual.
Which looks like 2-3 weeks because our manual guy is going on vacation.

What if we offered a version only available right here as a F1 customer pre-release with the understanding that the manual is forthcoming soon?  Heck, for the most part you can download the T182T POH directly from Cessna and the Garmin NavIII manual from Garmin.
The rest is little details like the auxpanel manager etc.
Mike Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:33pm
I would not have a problem purchasing a pre-release copy now and getting the manual later.   If the POH is available for download from Cessna, that should be enough to get me started.

Thanks.

Avsim Reviewer
Flight Simulator Network Reviewer
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:58pm
Me either. A pre-release without the manual would cause me no problems.
John Patterson
Wallyboard View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wallyboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:01pm
I'm certainly on for this, pre-release preferable!

Cheers
Larry
meshman View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:48pm
Manual? What manual? Who reads manuals?

I don't need no steenkin manual, just a D/L link cause. Let me get the CC from my wallet!Wink
lawdawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 3:28pm
Please Jim,
Manual can come later, go ahead and release.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by meshman meshman wrote:

Manual? What manual? Who reads manuals?

I don't need no steenkin manual, just a D/L link cause. Let me get the CC from my wallet!Wink

The manual is what I use to keep my coffee cup from making rings on the table.LOL
John Patterson
trisager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trisager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Jim Rhoads Jim Rhoads wrote:

What if we offered a version only available right here as a F1 customer pre-release with the understanding that the manual is forthcoming soon?  Heck, for the most part you can download the T182T POH directly from Cessna and the Garmin NavIII manual from Garmin.

I'd be happy getting the plane now and the manual later.
shivers9 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivers9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 5:03pm
OH My!!...Pensacola tower Cessna N2010S Request taxi for take off East departure
Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 7:36pm
Guys, have a heart!  I'm on business travel right now and haven't even had a chance to test the release candidate, yet!  (There are other testers!)
Respectfully,

Kurt

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 8:25pm
OK. Get back quick Kurt, You have the last call on the sign off....
Membership has it's privelages!

Jim
HercFan View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HercFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 8:38pm
No prob skipping the manual for me too.
Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 8:43pm
Home late Thursday night, work on Friday...I'll take her up for a "check ride" on Friday late afternoon.  Smile  (grabs his "examiner clipboard")
Respectfully,

Kurt

shivers9 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivers9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 8:55pm
So it looks like Yoda is the only thing standing between all of us and our new Cessna toy! Man no pressure there!Star LOL!!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 9:11pm
he he... its a courtesy thing... I can pull the pin anytime... But I won't do it without Master Yoda's and my secret squirrel club meeting.  I appreciate all my beta testers very, very much and they have done an incredible job. Man they have about burned me up. I think Todd (your trusty F1 manual guy) and Ryan have had some kind of sic joy tormenting me in the last week.  LOL 

But Master Yoda has been with me thick and thin and he earns that vote in his recent absence.

This is a very good product. One that many can relate too and really puts you there... and with the same level of G1000 features as the mustang. The problem is when you make a G1000 this good, people forget this is not a G1000 Trainer, it is a very deep T182T that just happens to have a G1000 in it that many people pay as much for competitively for just the G1000, with less features and no airplane at all.  Think about it.

cowkiller04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowkiller04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 9:28pm
I would love to purchase now if the manual is all that is left, Jim.  Thanks for another great looking product.  
shivers9 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivers9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 9:39pm
Waiting on Yoda is the 100% no questions asked correct thing to do. Now that it is done...how long have you guys worked on this project. I know I had more hair when you first mentioned it...LOL
Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 10:29pm
Thanks, Gents!

No pressure at all, Shivers.  Jim and his development team have made one heck of an airplane!  It's been a lot of fun to test, partly because the G1000 is such familiar ground, but mostly because as Jim says, there's a lot more to the Flight1 Skylane TC than just the Garmin avionics.  I think you're going to love the flight model.  The sounds are excellent.  The 3D model is perfect.  The animations are spot on.  There are some surprises among the features that significantly enhance the simulation.  (The "windscreen bug splats" being just one of them.)

As for how long the Skylane TC has been in the works...I think we all had more hair when Jim first announced it.  Wink
Respectfully,

Kurt

jeffg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 4:42am
Jim, Count me in I have a C182 manual and the Garmin manual.I am ready to fly it.

JeffG
Jeffrey Gerbert

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f
AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core
6 gigs ram
Nivida 9800GT
Vista 64 Service Pack 2
FSX with the Acceleration Pack
ToniH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 5:53am
Hi, is there some eyecandy like pitot covers, tiedowns etc?
Toni Hiltunen

Yoda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 7:01am
Toni,

You mean, like this?

Respectfully,

Kurt

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 9:53am
Does it have wing flexing? I'm kidding of course. We used to get that question constantly over on the Super 80 forum.

She's beautiful, gentlemen. I'm ready to add it to my hangar, replacing my other 182, when Yoda blesses it for release.
John Patterson
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 10:01am
No it does not, and before it gets started. it does not have VNAV either. Smile
Sorry, its not a G1000 Trainer, if y'all want a G1000 Trainer, you need to head on over to F1Tech.
shivers9 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivers9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Yoda Yoda wrote:

Thanks, Gents!

No pressure at all, Shivers.  Jim and his development team have made one heck of an airplane!  It's been a lot of fun to test, partly because the G1000 is such familiar ground, but mostly because as Jim says, there's a lot more to the Flight1 Skylane TC than just the Garmin avionics.  I think you're going to love the flight model.  The sounds are excellent.  The 3D model is perfect.  The animations are spot on.  There are some surprises among the features that significantly enhance the simulation.  (The "windscreen bug splats" being just one of them.)

As for how long the Skylane TC has been in the works...I think we all had more hair when Jim first announced it.  Wink
I think this release is so exciting because we all know the quality of the Mustang. My first flights in a 182 were at Clark AFB Aeroclub many many years ago. For a low and slow guy it was just perfect. Small enough to really enjoy and yet large enough that you could still date fat girls....lol. After flying as a student in the 150 it was like that first bike with no training wheels. If you have never seen a water fall in the jungle from a 182 well you missed out on a dream of a life time. Thanks in advance for the hard work guys.Clap
Sam
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 10:26am
Glad to help. Fat girls need luvin' too. Smile
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 11:18am
I've never flown a real 182 but I remember the feeling going from a 150 trainer to a 206 (as a pax). It was like going from a VW bug to a Cadillac El Dorado.
John Patterson
ToniH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Yoda Yoda wrote:

Toni,

You mean, like this?

Yes LOL Thank you, i will purchase this immeadetly after release.
Toni Hiltunen

Mike Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 12:25pm
I do not mind waiting a little while longer for what looks like an excellent aircraft.   If the G1000 trainer is purchased, does it add any functionality to one in the aircraft.

Thanks,

Mike
Avsim Reviewer
Flight Simulator Network Reviewer
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 1:10pm
No. The G1000 Student is a stand alone product for training. It does not integrate into any FSX panel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic