SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Flight Simulator General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't see runway in cockpit view in FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't see runway in cockpit view in FSX
    Posted: October-09-2007 at 4:43pm

Hello;

I just installed FX after finally purchasing a high end gaming PC after running FS9 for years on an older PC. The problem I am having is, when I set my view to cockpit I can't see the runway, the panel takes up the runway view and the view never adjusts to compensate. In the virtual view I see the runway of course but once I change the view to cockpit it's like looking up in the sky. The cockpit panel just overlays the view ahead.

I am have tried every setting possible within FS but to no avail. There are no add-ons just the standard aircraft with FSX. Not sure if I have to adjust any setting in my video card.

What am I missing?  This is the first time I am using a widescreen monitor which shouldn’t make a difference I think since most people are.

I have been using FS since it came out and never had this type of problem

Here are my PC specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 3.0GHz 4 MB

The new Asus Striker Extreme nForce Motherboard

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

Viewsonic 20" widescreen Monitor

awc
Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 10:43pm

Forshaw

One work around might be to press the "W" key that should give you a view of the runway.  This switches the panel on/off.  Do you have this line in your fsx.cfg: "WideViewAspect=True".  A lot of the Carenado planes have a minimise button that can give up to 3 cockpit views from full to minimal.
Regards
PeterH

Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
forshaw View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:26pm

Hello PeterH;

Thanks for the information, I will definitely try what you suggested and fsx.cfg settings.

Thanks again mate.

Regards.

awc
Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 8:10pm

Awc
You're welcome
pH

Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic