SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot install UTX in Prepar3D v3.4.18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greyrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot install UTX in Prepar3D v3.4.18
    Posted: January-08-2017 at 4:07pm
Hello,

I am having considerable difficulty getting UTX to install properly in Prepar3D 3.4.18 and really need some help.  After I purchased it, followed the Install Manger until it showed available simulators. It only showed my "Boxed FSX" and not Prepar3d v3. Not knowing what to do since the purchase screen on Flight1 showed available for P3D v3, I went ahead with the installation for FSX. It said it was successfully installed. I went to this forum and saw that there was a patch for the installer that enables it to see Prepar3D v3 so I downloaded and ran the patch. It said the patch was successful but I needed to run the data part. I assumed that meant UTX installer and tried to run it but it still showed only FSX.  Out of frustration, I tried to run P3D to see if it had installed. When it opened I went to World | Scenery Library and saw UTX and suppressed the MegaScenery scenery and put UTX at 1st priority. I started the simulation and got the following errors:
"Could not find scenery Area 128's local scenery directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Flight One Software\UtxLights\Lights\Type1\Scenery. Would you like to unload this area?
When I answered "Yes", I got another error:
"Could not find scenery Area 129's local scenery directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Flight One Software\UtxUsaFsx\Scenery. Would you like to unload this area? I answered "Yes" and went to the main menu in P3D and looked at World | Scenery Library. I showed that UTX was unchecked meaning it was not being used in the simulation.

I have gone thru multiple retries with the installation with no success and have finally thrown my hands in the air and am searching for some help.

Thanks in advance.
Bob T
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 4:43pm
Hi Bob,

Did you install the patch for P3D V3, which allows the install manager to detect that version ?

See this thread below as I just answered a similar question I think.

Allen

greyrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greyrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 5:29pm
Hey Allen,

Yes, I did install the patch. I have wondered if the newest version of P3D v3.4.18 might be causing a problem.

But even after installing the patch, the UTx installer still will not show Prepar3D as one of the available simualtors. Confused
Bob T
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 10:59pm
Note that the steps involved when using the P3DV3 patch are very specific in that you have to do a partial UTX install and then run the patch before continuing. Is that what you did?

Did you run all the steps by right-clicking on the various installers/patchers and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
greyrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greyrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2017 at 12:43am
Thank you Jeff,

I think I was following the instructions and was definitely running as administrator and had disabled my firewall, but I tried so many times without success, that I finally uninstalled everything to start from scratch. Unfortunately the Flight1 re-install procedure failed with "error code 13". It wouldn't let me finish downloading the re-install files and suggested I file a "Ticket", which I did. So, I can't do anything more until Flight1 lets me re-install the original files. What a day this has been!
Bob T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic