SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best antivirus protection for your computer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel_ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best antivirus protection for your computer!
    Posted: June-19-2017 at 3:29am
Hello,

As we all know that, Anti-virus software is a program or set of programs that are designed to prevent, search for, detect, and remove software viruses, and other malicious software like worms, trojans, adware etc.
We use this to perform:
  • Scan specific files or directories for any malware or known malicious patterns
  • Allow you to schedule scans to automatically run for you
  • Allow you to initiate a scan of a specific file or of your computer, or of a CD or flash drive at any time.
  • Remove any malicious code detected –sometimes you will be notified of an infection and asked if you want to clean the file, other programs will automatically do this behind the scenes.
So, for the proper heath of my computer/Laptop it is necessary to have protection. But I am really little bit confused between Free and Paid system, as we know while free antivirus programs give you some value, they don't have everything that a paid security application can offer.
So I need some suggestions regarding: Does discount coupon worth the subscription?

Actually, I got two offer for for a discount on antiviruses -https://www.couponbuffer.com/coupons/avira/ and https://www.couponbuffer.com/coupons/bitdefender/ But I’m not sure actually whether I would get the full features or not.

Best Regards!Wink
Cheers & Be Happy:)
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 6:47am
If you are using Win10, the built-in defenses are entirely adequate. If you are too paranoid for that, then try Malwarebytes. Make sure and exclude any flight sim directories from scanning, whatever you use.

DJ
michel_ruby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel_ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 8:06am
Originally posted by ubersu ubersu wrote:

If you are using Win10, the built-in defenses are entirely adequate. If you are too paranoid for that, then try Malwarebytes. Make sure and exclude any flight sim directories from scanning, whatever you use.

DJ

Thanks for this valuable information!
Cheers & Be Happy:)
electric man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 9:52am
I use Avast free and that works well and has the least impact on CPU usage and a gaming mode, before this I had AVG free but that doesn't exist any more and lraves a ton of dirt behind difficult to get rid off after uninstall.
Herman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic