SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Reality XP - Unofficial Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Award Winning GNS WAAS for FS9/X updated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Award Winning GNS WAAS for FS9/X updated
    Posted: May-22-2008 at 8:28pm

Hi,

it is with great excitement we are pleased to announce the release of our GNS 430/530 WAAS new offering.

The new offering is designed for both FS9 and FSX in the same package, and has been validated on Windows XP, Vista32* and Vista64*

In addition, purchasing both the 430 WAAS and the 530 WAAS permits configuring and running both in the same panel (without cross fill).

Reality XP: Award Winning Garmin GNS WAAS Simulation
May 22nd, 2008 – Reality XP is announcing the release of the Award Winning 430XP WAAS and 530XP WAAS.

Now featuring Class-B Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) for an extra margin of safety in the air, the GNS 430/530 WAAS is an all-in-one GPS/Nav/Comm solution.

With built-in WAAS navigation capabilities, it is approved to fly LPV “glideslope” approaches without reference to ground-based navaids. With the improved Autopilot Roll Command, the GNS 430/530 WAAS can automatically fly your aircraft through holding patterns, procedure turns and other position-critical IFR flight procedures.

Reality XP’s next-gen solution takes advantage of the new capabilities of the Garmin GNS Trainer in 32bits and delivers an unprecedented level of functionality. Redesigned from scratch, the new offering is compatible with FS9 and FSX right out the box.

"With today's announcement of latest GNS WAAS products, we are officially ushering in a new era in true next-generation simulation" said Jean-Luc Dupiot "The award winning GNS 430/530 WAAS features powerful technologies and capabilities that have never been brought together in our products before”.

Now compatible with FS9, FSX, WinXP, Vista32 and Vista64, the new GNS 430/530 WAAS is offered with a time limited $10 discount for previous customers of the Flight Line 430XP and Flight Line 530XP for FS2004 respectively, until June 30th, 2008*.

*certain conditions apply.

eCommerce installers:

download the GNS 430 WAAS for FS9 and FSX

download the GNS 530 WAAS for FS9 and FSX

Customers of the Flight Line 430/530XP for FS2004:

the discount coupon until June 30th, 2008 is no longer valid.

We strongly suggest existing customers review the User's Manual, and the Service Manual for important changes from the previous product line (Flight Line 430XP and 530XP). Although the overall product is similar to the previous product line, many settings are handled differently and have different names.

In FS9, because of different technologies, the new offering is no longer capable of exporting the active route to the FS9 Reality XP EFIS displays (JetLine, Sandel). In addition, the FS9 GNS gauge cannot control VOR and HSI gauges needles/flags with the RxpSrv.dll module. It is recommended to move this dll from the FS9\modules folder to gain this capability back.

Update 12JUN08:

Just download the eCommerce installer again and reinstall. The update addresses:

1. GNS Config now supports the FSX Rotorcraft folder.
2. GNS Config now supports up to 64 windows in the panel.cfg file.
3. GNS gauges updated with latest Gauge XTreme version. Keyboard shortcuts are no longer case sensitive.
4. Installer now check FS component versions. The validation tool is also available for later use from the Windows Start menu \ Reality XP program group
5. GnsCore XP updated with additional diagnostic message in the log file (rxpGnsSim.log)
6. new option in the RXPGNS.INI file for both the [GNS430] and [GNS530] section: WorkingFolder= in order to set an alternate path for the non volatile memory and simulation local files. Usefull to use a USB memory instead of the hard drive. (NB: this option is not available in the GNS Config application and is intended for special use/special applications. If there is no known issue with your installation, you should not modify/use this setting).
7. support for XML HSI variables with FSX SP2 has been added.
8. CLR keyboard shortcut command now working.
9. GndSpeedFromDeltaLatLon: corrected and working.

Update 14JUL08:

1. remaining issues with black gauges and/or holes in bezel.
2. DTK/BRG/XTRK information with some HSI.
3. crash under some Vista when FS9/X starts.
4. VOR/HSI needles not linked to the GNS in LPV mode with FS9 (and in fact not linked at all in any case).
5. COMFLIP keyboard shortcut.
6. running two GNS (430+530) causing heavy stutters.

FS Panel Studio:

Make sure to download and install the latest FS Panel Studio version in order to be able to configure the gauges to your panels. The new gauges use our Gauge XTreme development technology which is compatible with the latest version only.

Windows Vista:

The GNS Config application displays “xp” icons even for panels not yet configured with the gauges. This seems to be a limitation of the standard “tree view” control (Microsoft Foundation Classes development tools) under Vista. We are currently investigating the issue. However, this should not prevent configuring panels with the Config application or using the gauge in FSX. This issue seems to be solved with Vista SP1.

In order for the Config application to configure your panels, you also need to change permissions to the FSX folder:

1. Right-click the FSX folder and select Properties.
  2. Click on the Security tab. Click Advanced in the lower right.
  3. In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab. Click Edit.
  4. Click Other users or groups.
  5. Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
  6. Click Find Now.
  7. Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
  8. Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
  9. Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
  10. Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow.
  11. You will get a security warning, click Yes.

Windows Vista32/64 FS settings:

On some system, it is recommended to disable visual themes for the FS9/X program for the solution to run. Go to the Flight Simulator folder, right click on FS9.exe or FSX.exe (or your shortcut to it), select  properties, click the compatibility tab, disable Visual Themes checkbox. Once we find a workaround to this Vista feature, we will publish an update.

Antivirus:

It has been reported Kapersky and AVG might be causing issues with the product with some customers. If the solution is not working properly, we suggest you configure the antivirus to always "trust" rxpGNS.dll, rxpGNS.gau, rxpGnsSim.dll and RealityXP.dll, or, to disable your anti-virus if an "allow list" feature is not available. Although we can't vouch for any particular anti-virus, we have good satisfaction with NOD32, both in regard to FS stability in particular and to Windows in general.

If you have an AMD CPU

Make sure to let us know if you run into problems. There are optimized code paths for the graphics, optimized for SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3 and SSE4, as well as for Core Duo/Core Quad. The optimized code might be wrongly directed on an AMD CPU.

In case of issue, make sure to report:

1. OS
2. FS version and service pack
3. CPU
4. rxpGnsSim.log file content
5. and any information usefull to repro.

NB: the simulation maintains a log file "rxpGnsSim.log" in your "My Documents" folder. make sure to report the content of this file when there is any issue.

For customers of the FS9 only version (using the 16bits trainer) wanting to reinstall without purchasing the new WAAS product, you can re-download your eCommerce installers from here:

http://66.135.39.111/realityxp/_RXPGNS430.exe

http://66.135.39.111/realityxp/_RXPGNS530.exe

http://66.135.39.111/realityxp/_RXPGNSPro.exe

NB: make sure to follow the installation procedure like documented here:

http://www.reality-xp.com/support/knowledgebase/1001.htm

NB: new customers trying to purchase these legacy versions won't be eligible for any support. The FS9 only product is discontinued and supported only for existing customers.

Jean-Luc
geofa View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 11:02pm

Just got it and it is great! ...but you need to change the date of release on your main page to 2008 (not 2007!).

Will there be any possiblity to add an "xm" feed to this unit in the future-if so I will be in heaven!

Thanks for a great product and a must have for everyone!

Geofa

Brian W Keske View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian W Keske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 1:02am
Absolutely fantastic.

Thanks Jean-Luc Wink
blave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 1:07am
FINALLY! I have to admit that my FS-X flying has been minimal for quite a while - I've been pining for RXP GNS gauges. I also have to admit that I'd just about given up given the lack of news here until very recently.

That said - I purchased the FS9 option that lets me have two 4/530s in the panel that allow crossfills (I forget the name of this option at the moment - I've been away from flight simming for a while). Perhaps I missed it but - is this capability upcoming with FS-X/WAAS GNS?

And if so, will I be penalized price-wise if I buy the current GNSs WAAS instrument and then later want to get the cross-fill capability once it becomes available?

thanks,

Dave B.
TPerson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 1:45am

Jean-Luc I have a few questions.

1. Why are no prices mentioned anywhere in this post?  I had to download both the 430 and 530 wrappers to find the price.  Two almost 200MB downloads just to find out the price.  Yes I could have asked but I think you forgot that all important info.

2. When you run the Flight1 wrapper you get the following:

Important Notes:

This version is designed for FSX and includes FSX configuration tool.  However, the gauges are compatible with FS9.

NB: Reality XP cannot offer any support for using the FSX gauges in FS9.

Huh?  FS9 compatible but no support?

3. Also you said:

In FS9, because of different technologies, the new offering is no longer capable of exporting the active route to the FS9 Reality XP EFIS displays (JetLine, Sandel). In addition, the FS9 GNS gauge cannot control VOR and HSI gauges needles/flags with the RxpSrv.dll module. It is recommended to move this dll from the FS9\modules folder to gain this capability back.

If I remove the RxpSrv.dll module how will I gain compatibility?  Or should it be moved to some other folder?

I guess I'll hold off on buying since for me at least it is important to have Jetline and Sandel compatibility.  I'm sure hope you will update at least the Sandel but will that happen within the time frame of the $10 upgrade coupon?

The isn't a complaint about this product or Reality XP practices but just issues I have, with maybe the exception of #3 which compatibility can't be expected.

Todd

Reality XP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 7:35am

Hi Todd,

Sure, the price is around 25 euros (39.95 USD).  With the discount, it is around 19 euros (29.95 USD).

For the support, it is obviously a typo in the readme. Since the gauge is offered with configuration tools for both FS9 and FSX, yes it is supported.

As for the RxpSrv.dll: this DLL is our legacy technology for FS9. It permits our gauges to manage keyboard shortcuts, efis route input/output, FS variable override (to drive your needles) and a couple other things. Unfortunately, this is legacy technology and this is not easy to release a gauge, which is suposed to run in both FS9 and FSX, while for example managing EFIS input/output with a legacy interface AND with a new interface we are developping for the new versions of our EFIS products.

So for this release, the needles control from the GNS is disabled if the RxpSrv.dll is present. I understand it would mean also you won't have route display on the RXP EFIS gauges, but this new offering is a new product, not an "update" of an old product.

However, we will try to get at least EFIS route export. Mind you, in the meantime, you can still export the active route to a file, and load it in the FS flight planner. This will give you ATC control, and the EFIS shall be able to display it.

NB: we suggest "moving it" to another folder (backup) in order for you to restore it back should you need it again for other flights without the new GNS but with other RXP gauges. And again, moving it out the modules folder is just to get VOR/HSI needle control from the GNS. Otherwise, the GNS will function normally but will not be linked to your VOR/HSI.

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
McCrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 2:50pm
Fantastic!
TPerson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 3:03pm

Thank you for clarifying those issues Jean-Luc.

You said that the active route can be exported which will allow FS ATC control and EFIS display.  Are you saying that you can export a flight plan from the GNS?

Thanks in advance!

Todd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 3:09pm

Yes like always, you can export the FPL (right click on the FPL button, read the manual for how it works and what it does, especially the FS limitations).

With the exported flight plan, you can load it in FS either on the flight planner menu, or in the FSX ATC window. From then, you follow it!

With our new version, the flight plan also includes wpts types (VOR, NDB etc...)

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
Scott J. View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Reality XP Reality XP wrote:

However, we will try to get at least EFIS route export.

Jean-Luc

That would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 8:11pm

No promise on that. Our FS9 era products were built around a set of shared components (RxpSrv.dll) that realized these kind of inter-gauge tasks. With FSX, we shifted from a centralized module architecture, to a shared gauge architecture, and this will make it hard to join the two together. But we will try.

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
sr22driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sr22driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 8:43pm
I have been absent since converting to Vista and I am very excited about the new 430W product.  I can't seem to find the manuals for your new product.  They were not included in my downloads and don't appear on the support website.
Stuart N205KT SR22 Turbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 8:51pm

Hi,

the GNS manuals are now installed along with the Trainer (included for convenence in our installer).

As for the Reality XP product's manual, you can preview them from here

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
Igor View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 2:20am

Guys, do I need GNS 530 WAAS for FS9 if I got  Flight Line Avionics 530XP already? If so, where can I read about the new features?

Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 8:30am

Hi Igor,

The new features are documented in the manual you can download from the post just above yours. Highlights of the new solution are given in the first post of this thread.

If you already have the 430 or the 530 for FS9 (our previous version), you will benefit from the WAAS units in many ways: higher refresh rate (both FS and the GNS screen itself), better graphics, TAWS, database updated OCT07-NOV07, MANY GPS approaches and capability to fly LPV, new autopilot roll command for flying DME arcs and HOLDING patterns with the A/P to name a few. Of course, you can now use it in Vista32/64 and FS9/FSX for a single purchase!

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
Igor View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 9:48am

Sounds very good, thanks.

sr22driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sr22driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 9:03pm

I have installed the new 430W under Vista and FSX and the Cirrus SR22 from Eaglesoft DG.  When I open the Cirrus aircraft, the GNS 430 appears top center but whatever view is out the window of the aircraft shows in the display portion of the GNS 430.  I have followed all instructions that I could find in either the user manual during installation, including disabling visual themes.

Stuart N205KT SR22 Turbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 3:30pm

Hi, if you mean there is a hole in the bezel, please make sure to try the Open Beta version posted in another thread and report in this other thread!

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
bablaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bablaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2008 at 11:29am
Hi... I am a Reality User from day one. I just downloaded the new 530 waas... installed it as directed, and now, my FS9 will not start. Was I supposed to delete my older 530? or is this a whole new instrument that will be in addition to the old one in the config files. We tried several remedies, including removing the originals, but nothing seems to work. What about all the planes that I have installed the 530 into both automatically and manually. Should the new 530 show up in place of the older one? Maybe these questions are elementary, but I can't seem to make it work. I am now going to delete all older 530 files and reinstall the new 530waas to see if that works. There's a conflict somewhere... I just can't figure out where. Thanks.
BAB
bablaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bablaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2008 at 3:36pm
This is BAB again... after many hours of frustration, neither the 430 or the 530 is working. We installed both exactly as directed... deleted all old systems, and now when the plane is loading, we get a black bitmap where the unit should be and nothing else. There seems to be functions when you roll the mouse over the blackness, but no unit. We're thinking that it has something to do with the trainer (which works fine as a stand alone) not loading up properly in FS9.

Thanks for any assistance.
BAB
Beachcrafta36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachcrafta36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2008 at 5:49pm

Hey Bab...

I've got the same trouble. So!

I'm going to post a new topic to the issue. I have the Dreamfleet Barron and the A36.

I really want to use my new Garmins!

See ya!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2008 at 9:18am

Like I've posted in another thread: can you confirm you are running FS9.1 and not FS9.0? Also if you use a no-cd version, can you confirm for sure you are using the 9.1 version of it? what about using a genuine .exe with CD4 if that applies to compare?

Do you have any antivirus? which one? what about disabling it?

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
bablaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bablaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2008 at 7:23pm
Hi Jean-Luc... thanks for getting back to me so promptly. With the shutting off of the antivirus, and upgrading to FS9.1 no cd, both FS9 and FSX are working!!! :-) Thank you so much. I do have two more questions...
#1) I noticed that there seems to be no key commands for the new units where there was for the previous units. Will there be key commands, or did I miss them. I use an external rtu to run the 530 and 430 separtely.

#2)With my previous units, I created an avionics stack with the 340 on top, then the 530 below that, the 430 below that and the 327 below that. Will I be able to duplicate this feat with the new 530/430waas, as I did purchase both of them. If the trainer is a multi unit and I must choose which unit is active, I am thinking that I will not be able to build a new avionics stack?

Again, thanks for great products and great support.
BAB
blave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2008 at 8:09pm
re: #1 - the key commands are still there - look at the "master" config file (not the per-aircraft one).

I am using the assignments I used with 530XP 2005 unmodified. There was a problem with the CLR key not being assignable but that's been fixed.

Dave B.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 11:16am

re: #2, please make sure to read the announcement! unlike the previous version, you don't need the Pro version to run both a 430 and a 530 with no cross-fill (provided you purchased both). You'd need a Pro version though to run dual 430 or dual 530 with cross-fill (not released nor announced yet).

Mind you: the GNS Config is a simple tool to select either 430 or 530 in a panel. Configuring both is a manual / FS Panel Studio task!

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
Dkane00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dkane00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 11:06pm
I would like to make a Feature request.  I regularly fly the Flight 1 Cessna C441 Conquest II.  I have changed the default panel and added in a RXP Jetline 2 setup ,a WX500, and recently a GNS 530W.  I fly this on FS9.1 and would like to be able to use all of my Reality XP gauges as i had before with the 530xp.  My problem is that i cannot use the older Jetline 2 and wx500 without the service module and if i use the service module for those gauges i cannot get a glideslope with the 530W in LPV mode therefore my purchase of the 530W does not get me the features that i have payed for.  Even if i was to upgrade to FSX, which i don't think my pc will run very well, I would still be missing the upgrade of the jetline 2.  I guess my request is for either a update to the 530W that would support the use of older Reality XP gauges or an update to the Jetline 2 gauges so that they would work with the new GNS.  I think that there are many people that would like to see this and i think that it would let us use the gauges that we love and payed for.

Thanks
David

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 11:06am

Hi David,

"the 530W does not get me the features that i have payed for"

what feature have you paid for which is not delivered, that is if I read correctly your message above, what feature (or lack of) we did not explained/detailed in the product description, that you thought you would get in paying for the product?

Now, semantics apart, the new GNS WAAS is a new product. Although it evidentely bear strong resemblence with the previous GNS product, it is not the same.

Add to the mix FSX and Vista, and you end up with technologies (legacy products) that were developped at a time FSX was not even on the drawing board, and Vista not even in Alpha stage. The net result: legacy products (old technology) and new products are not compatible and rely on entirely sets of technologies to run, which can't work together. In fact, should we have sold the GNS for FSX only, we won't be even discussing this, but we have developed Gauge XTreme to make a gauge works the same (and with MUCH MORE features than what the SDK permits) on both FS9 and FSX, and this is why the GNS WAAS can run on both.

Again, the limitation is simple: to make our gauges do what they are capable of doing, it requires out-the-box technologies, that were shared and centralized in the form of RxpSrv.dll module for FS9.

Now with FSX and its entirely different way to do modules (in fact there is no modules anymore in FSX per-see), we needed to find out-FS ways to share services, which we do with Gauge XTreme gauges.

I'm not saying we will never do a cross GNS WAAS - Legacy product link of some sort, but it might be better we spend this time, like you said, in offering a new JL2/Sandel etc.. product line done in Gauge XTreme and taking advantage of the new technologies altogether.

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
Kylan Walters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylan Walters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 3:41pm
Hey,

1)Thanks for this new product... does this 430W/530W have all the function and more of the old FS9 version???

2)And on to my main question, i purchased the GNS530 for FS9 about 6 months ago, how do i know which coupon to download? the "530" or the "530 2005" version??? just want to be sure i get my discount ;)

3) and finally, this does indeed have full functionality with my FSX Flight Line N and T i take it? 

Sincerely,

Kylan Walters

RXP Love Affair!!!
Dkane00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dkane00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 7:33pm
Jean-Luc

Sorry that I came off as if I was accusing Reality XP of not giving us our money's worth.  I think that you guys make the best gauges that are avalable for flight sim and that they are at great pices.  I guess what i really wanted to ask is are there any plans to make the old gauges work with the "W" series GNS or are the plans just to release new gauges, JL and Sandel ect..., useing the new technology.  Also if there are new gauges planned then what order might they be released, if that has even been decided yet.  I know that you guys work very hard to produce a great product and that it shows in every one.  I also know that with the release of FSX that all developers have been working really hard to produce products and that it is a different sim then FS9 in many ways that effect how things can be done. 

Thank you for all of your hard work
David
VH-SRS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-SRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2008 at 6:33am
Firstly thanks for your wonderful instruments Jean Luc.  They are in my humble opinion the only ones to have  as  add-ons for FS9 and  I'll most likely  purchase the FSX versions as soon as I get everything sorted with my current rebuild.

I'm pulling my hair out since I've had to reinstall my complete OS and now unfortunately none of my RXP instruments are working, more specifically I get a realityxp_fln.dll error and another regarding the darn thing gets really cheesed off at not knowing where the GNS training modules are.

I think there must be a registry entry some where that is really throwing a wrench in the works.

FS9 actually won't boot I have to use Tweak FS path tool or double click on a stored FLT file to get it to run.

Isn't flight Sim wonderful. I'll post again as I find out more.
Mozz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2008 at 7:05pm

Thank you for your kind words!

maybe just deleting your fs9.cfg file and let fs9 rebuild it will help!

As for the GNS WAAS, don't forget to also try out the open beta 20JUN08 available from here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26923

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
abez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2008 at 12:10pm
Hi: I just set up my new PC which has Vista OS and was ready to install some of my numerous RXP products which I have not done yet because I noted this new WAAS system on the forum.
I have a few questions, please.

I have the FLT 1 Beech Baron with the RXP 530 GPS built in which I have also not installed yet. How should I install this plane? Should I install it first OR after installing the new 530 WAAS setup? Will I be able to use the new 530 WAAS in this plane?

If I update to the new 530 WAAS system, will I be able to display two 530 units like I did before? (I also have the Pro version). How should I proceed? Thanks much, Al

aterpster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aterpster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 12:55pm

I am glad to see the 530W available.  From what I read it will work better with FSX, which is fine for me because I have both FS9 and FSX.  And, I see there is a 500X radar for FSX.

But, what about the Sandel 3308 and 3400.  Will they run in FSX?

alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 8:31am
Originally posted by abez abez wrote:

Hi: I just set up my new PC which has Vista OS and was ready to install some of my numerous RXP products which I have not done yet because I noted this new WAAS system on the forum.I have a few questions, please.I have the FLT 1 Beech Baron with the RXP 530 GPS built in which I have also not installed yet. How should I install this plane? Should I install it first OR after installing the new 530 WAAS setup? Will I be able to use the new 530 WAAS in this plane?If I update to the new 530 WAAS system, will I be able to display two 530 units like I did before? (I also have the Pro version). How should I proceed? Thanks much, Al

Hi abez,

For the Baron the best option is to install the plane as before then install the GNS530W package and then modify the panel.cfg to use the new WAAS unit. This is as simple as changing the name of the referenced gauge and then running the supplied Config Utility to add the new GNS530W pop-up.

Note that there are some communication problems with other gauges that are detailed in various threads here.

At present you can only put one of each type in the same panel and they do not cross-talk.

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
abez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 9:24am
Thank you Alastair. Appreciate your reply.
Al
lamcrae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamcrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 3:39pm
I recently used the F1 wrapper to download the latest installers for GNS430 and GNS530 for FSX. Unfortunately, this version does NOT appear to work with FSX SP1. Despite several uninstalls/installs, FSX simply disappears when loading an aircraft with the GNS430 or GNS530 installed. I receive the following message in rxpGNSsim:

13:26:30:236 -INF- >Using Trainer Path:"C:\Program Files\Garmin\GNS400W-500W Trainer\Trainer\"
13:26:30:376 -INF- >Using Trainer Path:"C:\Program Files\Garmin\GNS400W-500W Trainer\Trainer\"
13:30:25:858 -INF- >GNS430-0 has commited suicide after waiting for 180015ms for the client application.

The Trainer is installed and functions correctly.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

lamcrae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 3:51pm

Hi,

can you try the 30JUN08 update, which link is available either from the first post of this thread under the "open beta" header, or, directly from the 30JUN08 open beta on this forum?

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
lamcrae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamcrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 5:04pm
Jean-Luc,

I've installed using the rxpGNS-beta-30JUN08-Setup to no avail. Still fails, now with no error file.

Is it at all possible to get the F1 installers for the original GNS430WAAS and GNS530WAAS install (i.e., back to the originals before any updates)? I'd like to at least get back to where these were working, as now non of my aircraft will load using RXPGNS.

Regards,

lamcrae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reality XP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 5:37pm

Ok, 30JUN08 still fails, but with WHAT error message and WHAT rxpGnsSim.log file?

Can you confirm you have REBOOTED the computer prior installing the 30JUN08 update (just to make sure there are no lock files)? Can you confirm there was no "message" displayed during installation of the 30JUN08 open beta (any message box with something written in it)?

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc
lamcrae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamcrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 10:03pm
Jean-Luc

The 30JUN08 installs without any error message. RXPGNSSIM.log does not get created.

I did the following:

Uninstalled Reality XP Garmin GNS WAAS for FS9/X
Installed rxpGNS-Setup for 430WAAS (June 12, 2008)
Installed rxpGNS-Setup for 530WAAS (June 12, 2008)
Rebooted
Installed rxpGNS-beta-30JUN08-Setup
Started FSX
Selected AC with GNS430 installed
Clicked "Fly Now"
FSX quits with "A Fatal Error Occurred"
Started FSX
Selected default Cessna 172SP (No GNS)
Selected "Fly Now"
Selected "Select Aircraft"
Clicked on AC with GNS430
FSX quits with "A Fatal Error Occurred"

I can confirm that I rebooted prior to installing 30JUN08 update. With the 30JUN08 open beta install, I saw the following dialogs:

Welcome (clicked next)
License Agreement (Accepted, Next)
Information (Requires FSX/SP1)
Selected Product Files (FSX) and Product Documentation
Did not select Product Files (FS9) or Garmin Trainer
Ready to Install
Installing
Dialog Setup, replaced RXPGNS.INI
Information Dialog regarding Needs Garmin Trainer if not installed
Completing Install
Finalize - AC with GNS installed are so marked
Exited Finalize without modifying any AC/Panels

That's the best I can give you. All AC without GNS installed work fine. The problem only started when I downloaded and installed the June 12 installers for both GNS430WAAS and GNS530WAAS.

Please - I'd like to get the original install programs since they had been working flawlessly. I will be more than happy to install the updates if/when they work with FSX SP1.

Regards,

lamcrae
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic