SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asphalt texture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinetic2080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asphalt texture
    Posted: July-16-2017 at 10:16am
Hi,
is it possible to display the fsx default asphalt texture with utx europe 2? It looks slightly better on my monitor at least.
molleh View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 11:21am
Hmm, I don't think UTX modifies asphalt/concrete textures?
kinetic2080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinetic2080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 11:48am
Its in the utility where you can add auto imprint and choose between asphalt and concrete they replace the default. So still a problem.

molleh View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 1:16pm
Ohh sorry, I thought you were talking about the airport tarmac texture. My bad!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinetic2080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 4:15pm
No problem, I should have clarified it was the road texture, thanks anyway
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2017 at 11:38pm
If you are looking for a simple one-stop switch then there isn't one.

As noted there is a utility in the UTX Setup Tool which allows you to quickly switch between asphalt and concrete however there is none to use defaults.

There is a method to change the textures for any Ultimate Terrain feature and you can find this under the Advanced menu in the UTX Setup Tool. This is fully documented in the UTX Advanced Features Guide PDF which was installed along with the product however this does expect that you have a working knowledge of the FSX SDKs. As you will see from this documentation, there is not a single texture to swap and there are textures for different road widths, road types, season, etc..

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinetic2080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 10:53am
Ok, thanks, at least I know where to look then, I'll have a look :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic