SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AS2016 historical weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AS2016 historical weather
    Posted: June-08-2017 at 10:45am
Hi,

I have the problem that with AS2016 historical weather, when FSI is setting up my plane in FSX,
I notice briefly a message that "airport XXXX doesn't has a valid metar..." and then no more move and fsx freezes.
note :the (historical) metar and date is right in FSI panel display for that airport before I hit : move.
Also FSIpanel works perfectly well with AS2016 with live weather otherwise.
Any idea ?
greetings,
Patrick Dochy
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 11:32am
Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your message.
If the airport you're flying doesn't have a valid METAR, you just need to create a flight plan in ActiveSky, just put anything as departure airport and select your working airport as destination. Then compute a direct GPS route on ActiveSky, AS16 will then interpolate the weather around your airport to create a METAR that FSiPanel will use.

When you select this airport now on FSiPanel, you should have a valid METAR shown on your screen.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
patten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 11:19am
thanks J-P,

unfortunately your solution doesn't seem to work for me.
After loading a flightplan with my destination in AS2016, it is changed to a FP : KPAE - KCLM, whenever FSi is launched.
Could something be related with FSi networked ?
Any idea ?
greetings,
patrick
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 7:33am
Hi Patrick,

Strange, I don't see how the AS2016 FP can be changed when FSiPanel is launched?!
FSiPanel doesn't interfere at all with AS2016.
No idea why this happens, I will do some testing here to see if I can reproduce this behavior of AS2016.

Where is your AS2016 installed? on the FSX side or network side?
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
patten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2017 at 2:00am
AS2016 is on the serverside as FSX is.
greetings,
patrick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic