SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any good windsocks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any good windsocks?
    Posted: August-09-2007 at 4:27pm
I'm looking for a working windsock that looks better (more real) than the FSX default one. Any suggested ones that can be placed by xml editing or Instant Scenery?
PhilC 'Snowman'
HolgerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolgerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 8:54pm

Hello Phil,

for Glacier Bay v2 (FS9) we used a nice animated windsock model made by Joerg Dannenberg and modified by Jon and Arno. The original thread and download link are http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2593&page=3

I haven't tried yet whether they work correctly in FSX so that needs to be tested.

Cheers, Holger

HolgerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolgerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 9:01pm

Hi Phil,

me again. Sorry, brain fart. We did use those same models in Vancouver+ FSX, so, yes, they are working just fine in FSX.

Cheers, Holger

PhilC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 11:30am
Thanks Holger! As always, you are the man!
PhilC 'Snowman'
PhilC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 5:57pm
Holger. Would there be any problem using this windsock in a free scenery that willybee and I are putting together? If so, what would be the proper credits for the readme?

I just built an Instant Scenery library with the windsocks in it and added them using IS. Very sweet!
PhilC 'Snowman'
HolgerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolgerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 8:55pm

Hi Phil,

nice windsocks, aren't they?

I don't think there would be an issue with using the models but, if in doubt, get in contact with one of the authors.

We made our own library file for GBv2 too and, in the manual, gave credit as follows:

"GBv2_library_JD_windsock.bgl: © Joerg Dannenberg, with modifications by Jon Patch and Arno Gerretsen (original package name is windsock.zip)"

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Greetings to Bill

PhilC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 11:23pm
Thanks. That'll work just fine.
PhilC 'Snowman'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic