SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] UTX TAC Fall Colors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbysweatpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] UTX TAC Fall Colors
    Posted: October-05-2017 at 4:41pm
When autumn set in all my Caribbean textures changed to golden and amber.  How do I set them back to the more realistic summer shades?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2017 at 8:25pm
It has nothing to do with UTX, FSX will change seasons based on date and time of year. Change the date in the sim to well before September 21st or after October 31st
bobbysweatpants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbysweatpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 2:07pm
Thank you for your response.  I need to add some more information.  I also have GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics (Along with North America).  Perhaps this program is more relevant.  I assumed that a custom set of textures specific to the tropics would have more accurate seasons modeled however I am seeing the same textures and autogens as the NA Region.  Double checked GEX interface and everything looks installed and enabled properly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbysweatpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 5:22pm
Here's a couple screen grabs from Grand Cayman to illustrate.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 4:33pm

Perhaps you are new to FSX and how it works....

Neither GEX nor UTX controls seasonal texture display, the sim itself does. Neither UTX or GEX controls the seasons..   we make scenery and textures and the SIM controls seasonal display

None the less, this is what I see on Grand Cayman on October 6th 2017

What you are seeing is correct, well..  not correct based on real world, but correct based on Flight Simulator X 'seasons.bgl" control file.

You are simply seeing the limitations of FSX itself. To change the look set a date prior to September 21st or after October 31st which will clear the fall season.

The only way this would change is if a custom 'seasons.bgl' file is made that overrides FSX control of seasons for this location.

There was such a file made by a developer years ago for South Florida that corrected the poorly made FSX season for that part of the USA however I do not know if it would correct the Bahamas Island seasons. His file also fixed Europe winter based on global weather/season conditions for that period

... the last time I saw it was at AVSIM in their freeware library and was circa 2008. I do not think it is there anymore and I do not know where to get it today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbysweatpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 8:42pm
Thank you for your response and insight into this complex program and the time you spent looking into my request.  I was under the impression that these programs included custom 'sprites' as well as ground textures. No need for personal digs, I highly regard Flight1 software and often recommend it to people interested in flight simulation.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 11:07am
There was no personal dig. Most users today are aware of the season system and how it works. Perhaps reading into my comment around that you may have assumed I was being facetious, that wasn't the case. 
To expand on what I said...

The GEX product provides all the ground textures including fall with fall colors. The sim file seasons.bgl controls when (meaning time of year) to use them.

UTX does not provide ground textures but does provide some support textures for the features it adds. Those files are changed when the UTX <region> upgrade is selected in the GEX interface. We change those so they seamlessly match the GEX ground texture files.

Besides adding in rivers, streams, lakes, industrial areas, roads, detailed city layout information, etc.. UTX landclass controls/defines where and what type of ground texture is used based on landclass table description ie: grass/concrete/dirt/farming/suburb/city etc. For each numbered texture "set" in FSX there are 5 duplicate sets of textures representing each season... these are what GEX provides:

Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter - without snow
Hard Winter - snow covered

The layout texture 'type' for the area is defined by UTX or any other landclass in use, the matched seasonal variation listed above is called by the simulator based on date and time set in the sim.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic