SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] Installing GEX-NA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] Installing GEX-NA
    Posted: January-04-2018 at 7:36pm
I am reinstalling and had the wrappers and thus no problem with GEX-EUR and GEX-APT. I instlalled GEX-NA from a backup I had but the GEX Interface says it hasn't been validated. 

I'm trying to find the download that would include the wrapper. Somehow I've ended up with a new Key Note Document so that might complicate things. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2018 at 12:19am

What version of GEX NA are you installing?

You are correct you must have the wrapper unwrap the product to install the license, but what version does the installer say you are using?

What ever you need is available at the Flight1 webpage for GEX NA

GEX 1.096 https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gexusacan first line says scroll down to the bottom of the page

ORIGINAL GEX NA VERSION: v1.096

For those who do not wish to upgrade but need to reinstall their original GEX North America product, you can use these links to download. Your original key and password will allow you to reinstall your product any time.

Do not purchase these. They are for REINSTALL of the older version 1.096 only.

http://flight1.100megabyte.com/GEX-NA-1.096-Reinstall.exe 1.39GB

http://flight1.100megabyte.com/GEX-NA-1.096-Reinstall.000 740MB

v2.0:

Download Information - GEX North America V2.00

To download GEX North America V2.00:

Download BOTH LINKS listed below and place both files in a folder together. Once downloaded run the EXE file.

Windows security and Antivirus or Malware scanners are known to flag EXE files as dangerous. Please DISABLE security programs when downloading these files!

These files are very large and we suggest the use of a download manager

Click here to download NorthAmerica-2.0.exe (1.4GB)

Click here to download GEX-NorthAmerica-2.0.000 (0.81GB) 

There is a update for v2.0 to v2.1. After install and 'Enable in FSX" run the Check for Updates button.

As for license issues and keys..  refer to the Flight1 automated recovery system: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=wrapperservice

If that cant help open a ticket with Flight1 to sort it out directly: http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp
Fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2018 at 1:29pm
Thx for the quick response Nick. All good now. Right in front of my eyes lol. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2018 at 1:14pm
Thumbs Up
Fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2018 at 8:07pm
I spoke to soon. :(

The install went ok but when I start the GEX Interface it says GEX NA has failed the license check. It did the license check when I installed it and was ok. When I click ok the GEX Interface closes so I can't do anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no joy. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2018 at 8:22pm
Go to C:\Flight One Software  is there a file in that folder named: gexna20.lic, gexusacan.lic or gexna.lic?

When you ran the wrapper did you select "Run as Administrator"?
Fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2018 at 8:56pm
I have gexusacan.lic but not the other two. I'm pretty sure I installed as administrator as I usually do with fSX programs but can't try again now as first flightone said I needed to reactivate and once I'd done that it says I have too many logins so have to wait. I'll try again later or tomorrow. Thanks. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 12:39pm
Which version did you download and install?

1.096 or 2.0?

You can always reset your own license count through the wrapper service: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=wrapperservice

Click reactivate a de-activated order and follow directions.

Fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 8:23pm
Hi Nick, thanks for following up. I was installing 1.096 so tried 2.0 and works like a charm. Thanks again...

Bill

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 11:29pm
OK so you simply installed the wrong version the first time...   glad it fixed  Thumbs Up
Fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2018 at 1:16pm
Definitely user error. :(

But thanks walking me through it. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2018 at 3:26pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic