SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] Ground Environment X installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivor harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] Ground Environment X installation
    Posted: August-03-2017 at 1:38am
Hi
I recently purchased and downloaded Ground Environment X (Australia and Antarctica) to use with FSX (Steam edition). Everything looked good with the download, installation, product code verification etc, the GEX Interface icon is showing on the desktop under the FSX icon, and it is showing enabled when I open the desktop icon, but it clearly is not working. I note the complicated instructions on the "help" tab, none of which I can really make much sense of. For example WTF is a "wrapper"....
Is there something I have missed, and is there something else I need to do to get it into FSX.
Thanks
Ivor Harris
Ivor Harris
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 3:07am
If you downloaded the product the 'wrapper' is the Flight1 files you downloaded and ran to make the purchase and decompress the product for installation. its the same system Flight1 has used for nearly 2 decades.

I assume you ran all the installers and the interface "As Administrator"

Those are not complicated instructions. They are simply verbose to help folks with detailed information should they need it.

If you are not running the interface as administrator, right click the desktop icon of GEX, Select 'Run As Administrator"

You may be presented with box that asks what version FSX or FSX SE..   if all you have is FSXSE on your system then it will open directly without requesting which sim.

When the interface opens it should show the product "ENABLED IN FSX"  and at the bottom of the interface it should read: Flight Simulator X Steam Edition

If both of those are true and you can not see the difference in the sim then one of two things is happening:

1. You have not been running the interface As Administrator in the past and Windows is blocking the file transfer into the simulator. Now that you have opened as administrator select to DISABLE in FSX..  once complete leaving the interface open select to ENABLE in FSX.

Check the sim

2. Your computer is not able to render clear images of the ground and you can not see the difference as was demonstrated in this thread: http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-ground-environment-x-europe-not-working_topic45966_post275906.html

The next step if it is still not working on your end is to post a image from about 4000-5000ft with location data so I can see what you see and can better evaluate

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2017 at 5:43pm
Were you able to get this resolved?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic