SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] GEX start problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] GEX start problem
    Posted: August-27-2017 at 4:28pm
every time I start GEX it shows that FSX and UTX USA/Alaska are not enabled. Is this normal? I thought once I enabled FSX it will show enabled when ever I start GEX or am I wrong?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2017 at 5:10pm
That is correct assuming you have those UTX region products and enabled the features in the past.

The issue is Windows UAC security not allowing proper operation.

Always right click the GEX interface icon and select "Run As Administrator"

I would suggest since this came up you will want to run the interface as administrator as outlined, then disable the GEX regions you own. Once that operation is complete, re-enable the GEX regions and then the UTX features for the UTX products you have install.

When you close and reopen the interface again using 'run as administrator' the features should be enabled.

The reason I suggest the 'recycle' of the regions is because if UAC is blocking the interface from writing to the config files, it may also be blocking proper install/overwrite of the textures.

Scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2017 at 6:34pm
hey thanks I will try that
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 2:18am
Please let me know if it resolved the issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic