SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] GEX NA ver 1.096 error code 40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddog-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] GEX NA ver 1.096 error code 40
    Posted: November-05-2017 at 12:43am
Now I get this new error code and the interface doesn't even run. I've uninstalled GEX and reinstalled it and still get error code 40! Help please!
Up, Up and Away!
birddog-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddog-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2017 at 12:53am
Windows 7 Professional   is my OS. Boxed Flight Simulator X w/Acceleration installed. and FSceneFSX-TotalPack installed.  Intel i7 3.40 GHz m/8GB memory and 2 TB HD.
Up, Up and Away!
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2017 at 1:04pm
Something has trashed your Flight Simulator install.

First, Error 30 from your last thread, http://www.simforums.com/forums/gex-na-ver-1-096-error-code-30_topic59167.html indicates that at some point your registry and target for FSX was trashed...  a tool called "migration tool' can cause this damage.

2nd Error 40: This is caused by a seriously damaged or missing texture directories OR damaged textures in FSX. This thread outlines that: http://www.simforums.com/forums/error-code-40-what-does-it-mean_topic44642.html

GEX will not work with FScene: Reason, FScene uses FS9 texture resolution and GEX does not recognize and can not back up textures that are not FSX scale.

As the link points out, Fscene specifies the user make a backup before installing FScene because once you install it, it can not be uninstalled and restored without a manual backup.

The bottom line is, you sim install is a mess and probably needs to be reinstalled clean without Fscene and quite possibly other addons that have altered and or damaged files.

If you do not wish to clean install to repair the damage, please open a ticket with flight1 and request a refund for GEX.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic