SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] AT a Loss :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] AT a Loss :)
    Posted: January-07-2017 at 11:05am
1- A am assuming that GEPD can be networked?
     I have P3dv3 (latest) mapped so I can browse etc..
 2- UTX 2.1 can be installed on a network machine?
     I didn't know where to install it so I put it inside GEPD.
 3- I patched the Manager with the P3dv3 patch and installed lights/Data inside GEPD.
     After doing Data P3dv3..it said to install part 2 (there was no part 2) so I just installed UtxUSAV21Data.exe...it installed; is that part2?
  4- When I run the manager, its blanks and no way to point to where the flight sim is located?
  5-  Never saw a utx tool
  6- Can't add to the GEPD Interface

Probably done everything wrong.
Windows 10x64

Thanks,
Bob M.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2017 at 11:24am
No, they can not be networked.

GEP3D must be installed on a local hard drive and will only function on that system.

UTX install manager must be local so it can find the sim to run the primary installation process.

Both have direct registry and license dependencies that require their locations be on the system where the simulators are located.

Uninstall from the network drive and reinstall on a local hard drive location.
unc1rlm View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2017 at 1:27pm
Thanks Nick :)   Second thought..what or where is the part2 of the data referred to in the installation?

Bob M.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2017 at 2:46pm
I am GEX/GEP3D developer, not UTX... but as I recall the 2nd part is the main installation of the UTX version you are installing.

If you are still having issues with UTX, I would suggest posting in their support forum and Allen or Jeff will assist you. http://www.simforums.com/forums/ultimate-terrain-and-xpresssim-support_forum19.html

When you first unwrap UTX it installs the files to your system that will be used by the manager to install the UTX product in the sim The manager allows you to run multiple sim platforms and install into more than one sim on the same system. So the initial install of UTX from the purchase wrapper, just like with GEP3D, can be installed anywhere on the system you like as long as its a local drive, and from there the UTX manager as well as GEP3D sends the files to the sim and installs them.
unc1rlm View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 2:52pm
Thanks Nick,

Warmest Regards for the New Year!!!

Bob M.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 6:53pm
Thumbs Up
unc1rlm View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2017 at 7:05am
Nick..you have been wonderful. I got my question answered about installing you utx..which I did...and successfully added to the GEPD interface. When I look in the scenic library..I see all of utx files but no reference to GEPD..is that normal...(is it scenery or no)... From your expert opinion....I haven't added any scenery yet..but can you point me to a link for the best layout of scenery order so as not to negate what GEPD and utx are suppose to do.

Thank you!!
Bob Morehead
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2017 at 12:43pm
As the manual for the product states there is no scenery library entry for GEP3D. It simply backs up and then overwrites the default ground textures and autogen annotations.

You do not need to mess with scenery order other than if you add a airport to the sim make sure the airport is listed above the UTX entries, and, check UTX to see if that airport is listed in the UTX config tool as "repositioned", if so 'Disable' it in UTX.

UTX Configuration Tool - TERRAIN menu - Modify Status of Repositioned Airports

GEP3D is the base ground textures, the only item you cant install and it work with GEP3D is another texture replacement product such as FTX Global.

I have my own outline for setup and use of UTX but of course it and the content is strictly optional...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic