SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

aircraft flying of into space and every where

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aircraft flying of into space and every where
    Posted: September-29-2014 at 6:28pm
Hello again
I am trying very hard to use this with my dash-8. When I set up an approach, and click move a/c
the plane is shooting accross the landscape and shoots up toward space. the UAC is set correctly. I right clicked the FSIpanel Icon and checked the box to run program as administrator and still no luck. Please adviseConfused
Lee
up up and away!!!
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2014 at 9:36pm
Hi Lee,

This is a problem when you are in SLEW mode, FSiPanel needs to use the slew mode to position the aircraft correctly, if your controllers (joysticks) are not perfectly trimmed, they may interfere with the process.

The best thing to do is the remove all assigned SLEW mode from your joystick axis, your problem will be solved.

FSX Options / Settings / Controls / Control Axes
Flight Mode Slew
Controller type, check one after the other and delete ALL axis assignment to slew functions.
Please do the same with FSUIPC.

Click on the link below to see a video showing you hot do remove axis assignments.
Slew Assignment

Please let me know if problem is solved,

Safe landings,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
want2bpilot View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 6:09pm
Hi
i want to thank you for you great support.
the slew stuff is fixed by following your advice but have anissue. I am using the server/client configuration and is critical
I click move aircraft the process starts and a/c is move to the
position and the message to standby comes up and that's it.
the a/c just keeps going no matter how much speed is decreased and fsipanel does nothing else. Is this a bug with server/client setup? I use full screen so the 2nd pc setup is critical.
Thx Lee
up up and away!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 6:34pm
Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC4 on your SERVER ?
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2014 at 9:20pm
yes I do
up up and away!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 1:50am
Can you try the same approach on the server directly without using the client.

Is your Q400 NAV setting correct?

Did you ever get a message from FSiPanel?

Please send me your log.txt

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 9:50am
sorry if this is obvious
but had do I switch from server mode back to stand alone mode so I can test if network configuration of fsipanel is the problem
thx Lee
up up and away!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 10:04am
You can leave it as SERVER, just don't start the client.
Do your setting on the server as if it was the standalone version.
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 10:05am
Thx. Will test after work.
up up and away!!!
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 11:53pm
hi
On the server mode, there are no options to move a/c. Just able to select apt,rnwy, and fix
Lee
up up and away!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 12:07am
did you select the aircraft? click on text above Button Airport.
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2bpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 6:49am
yes . It appears that the server mode just has those options. the client mode has the complete set of options. should I re install on fsx pc to be able to get to stand alone mode?
Le
up up and away!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 10:07am
On the server side, edit config.txt
Replace SERVER by STANDALONE
Start FSiPanel, you should be running a standalone version.
Cheers,
J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2014 at 10:10am
Try an approach and then send me your file log.txt at support at fsipanel.com

I will be able to see why you don't get the controls.

Thanks
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Ed4787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed4787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 6:29pm
I too had this "out of control" effect. I updated to the latest "free" FSUIPC which solved the problem for me.
ED W Bell
tabbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2015 at 1:49pm
Like many I do not have time to RTFM of every object that I utilize in my daily life. That said I strongly urge you to incorporate this information at least in the user manual. Even better in a popup during install. I got bit badly by this slew interference and can only imagine how many others are experiencing the same issue. For me the problem was intermittent so I did not suspect the controller settings and so suspected the code of being "buggy". The new toy shine wears off fast when you spend hours trying to figure out why your favorite new program is not performing correctly! As complex as FSX, FSXSE and P3D are it's amazing it works at all which is why I salute you for your amazing bits of code that save so much time and allow the much needed practice of takeoff and landings and much more, congrats and thank you!

PS my apologies if I missed finding this info in the already supplied manual. I did do a search for "slew" and found nothing pertaining to deleting "slew assignments" in the controller settings.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 7:49am

Hi,

Thank you for your post, following your advice, I have now coded a new procedure checking slew axis assignments when the user imports its aircraft.

If it fails, the forum thread will be displayed.

Thank you

J-P

FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
tabbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 1:57am
I'm sure this will save many users from frustration.
Thank you again, getting in some much needed practice now without spending too much time on setup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic