SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > AirWrench - Air Traffic FX and GeoApr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Traffic FX v4.26 display issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Traffic FX v4.26 display issue
    Posted: March-11-2014 at 2:18pm
Just updated to version 4.26 from 4.21, and it does not load the available aircraft that show up on the left side menu unless I now have the following check ON in the FSX menu Settings / Display / Aircraft / Exterior Settings:

Aircraft cast shadows on the ground
Aircraft cast shadows on itself
Aircraft landing-lights illuminate ground

I don't use these settings because of the noticeable frame rate hit on my computer, and it doesn't seem to matter with version 4.21 that all these settings were turned OFF. I update my display driver to the most current driver, and the issue still persists. I have gone back to version 4.21 for the time being.

Regards,

Tommy

FSX Acceleration
XP Home Edition
INTEL I7-860 CPU
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 (1 GB RAM)
JerryB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2014 at 6:41pm
I don't know what's going on here. As far as loading aircraft is concerned, there is no difference between version 4.21 and version 4.26. No version of the program has ever had anything to do with the aircraft display settings.
tommieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2014 at 10:31pm
Hi Jerry,

As long as I have version 4.21 to fall back on (which I do), I'm OK. Might just be an issue with my specific graphic card.

Regards,

Tommy
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2016 at 11:13pm
Hi Jerry! Long time no hear!!!!

Is there a patch from 4.22 to 4.26? I really have problems with Flight1 activation (it's barking mad) - so would hate to have to re-download and re-install.

Adam.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2016 at 12:44am

There has never been a 'patch' for AirTrafficFX.  The update process is just replace the old AirTrafficFX.exe file with the new one. 

Adamski_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2016 at 8:01am
Originally posted by mudpond mudpond wrote:

There has never been a 'patch' for AirTrafficFX.  The update process is just replace the old AirTrafficFX.exe file with the new one.

I think the problem with that is the dreaded Flight1 wrapper - which I *loathe*. It always gives me grief: won't accept existing passwords etc. Sometimes it works - mostly it doesn't.

I'm not sure there's a way I can just re-download and extract just the new exe (or can I??).

Adam.

tommieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2016 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by JerryB JerryB wrote:

I don't know what's going on here. As far as loading aircraft is concerned, there is no difference between version 4.21 and version 4.26. No version of the program has ever had anything to do with the aircraft display settings.

Hey Jerry,

I just updated my OS from XP Home to Windows 7 Pro due to a HD crash. The new OS and video drivers solved the issue. I now can use version 4.26. The XP home video driver that I was using for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 just too old and no longer being updated by NVIDIA for many years.

I decided to installed FSX:SE this go-around (and toss the disks). With FSX:SE I also needed to install the three legacy Simconnection files as noted in the link below:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/airtrafficfx-in-steamversion-of-fsx_topic51053.html

Regards,

Tommy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic