SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AFX Demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmanning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFX Demo
    Posted: October-04-2017 at 9:14pm
Hi,
I was trying out the Airport Facilitator X and I noticed that it is not fully functional. A message pops up and says that I cannot save a file nor reload the sim to see the affects of the changes I've made. Why is it necessary that the demo not be fully functional? I'm not trying to put down this product but I find it to be disturbing and disappointing that I cannot test it fully, that is, to test my object after the sim has been loaded to see it's effect. This is the very first demo software I've ever downloaded that would not allow one to try out all it's functionalities. The object I wanted to test, I want to see the effects after the sim has been loaded, not when AFX is running. And I'm not suggesting that the product does not do what it says it will do. That is the purpose of the demo, to try it out, but fully.

Ken.
caveman2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2017 at 11:29am
If the demo did all that you wanted, why would you need to purchase it?

IIRC, the demo works around Seattle. If your work is outside that area it won't save.
kmanning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmanning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by caveman2012 caveman2012 wrote:

If the demo did all that you wanted, why would you need to purchase it?

IIRC, the demo works around Seattle. If your work is outside that area it won't save.

I did not expect it to work at every airport without purchasing it, and I already know that it works only around Seattle. It's not the location that's keeping me from saving the file. It's in the program. If you try to save a file or reload the sim, you will get a message saying you cannot save and need to purchase it, even though you're at Seattle's KSEA. I am in Seattle at the KSEA airport but it won't allow me to save a file nor reload the sim. Well, actually, you can try to reload the sim, but it will not write to the sim's database the changes you've made. You will only get that message that you have to purchase it. To me, this is not a true way to test it out. Airport Studio WILL allow you to save and reload the sim.

Ken. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic