SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Admin: UTX Europe V2.1 Upgrade Released !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admin: UTX Europe V2.1 Upgrade Released !
    Posted: May-23-2015 at 3:24pm

UTX Europe V2.1 Upgrade 

The UTX Europe V2.1 upgrade patch is now tested and released.   This patch is free for all UTX Europe V2.0 users.   UTX V1.x users can still upgrade to V2 at a reduced upgrade price.

Prepar3D V3 Users Please Read The Last Paragraph For Special Instructions

What is contained in the V2.1 Upgrade ?

• We have reclassified the urban landclass for the largest cities in Europe (close to 100 of them).   This was done one cell at a time, by hand, to achieve the most accurate results possible.   This was a major effort and is the top feature in this patch release.
  • Complete reworking of the River Foyle in Ireland.
  • Fixed situation with missing autogen on some golf courses and city parks.
  • Fixed situation where minor roads could not be deactivated in a two locations.
  • Added missing exclusion file for extrusion bridges for Cell 4516.  This caused duplicate extrusion bridges in this small portion of NW Spain.
  • Fixed 25 locations where both a custom landmark bridge and extrusion bridge were appearing together.
  • Complete reworking of the Port of Valencia, Spain.
  • Resolved display of missing taxiways at EDDM.
  • Fixes minor problem with setup tool and airport files.
  • Includes compatibility patch to make UTX Europe more compatible with FTX Global Base texture installations.
  • Includes fine-tuning of landclass to maximize UTX efficiency/compatibility with GEX (Ground Environment X) textures for Europe.

How To Install The Upgrade Patch

We have created a new patch system that will allow 1 patch to be compatible with all supported simulation platforms: Boxed FSX, FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3D.   The patch is quick and easy to install.   However, you will need to know how to locate the root folder for each simulator that you have installed.

If you don’t know the location of your simulators root folder (the one containing FSX.EXE or Prepar3D.exe), we have created a help document to aid you below:

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Doc/LocatingRootFolder.pdf

Click the link below to view detailed patch instructions (recommended):

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Doc/InstallingUtxPatches.pdf

The patch includes basic step-by-step instructions to aid you.   To install the patch, download and execute the patch wrapper below:

Click Here To Install UTX Europe V2.1 Upgrade Patch

Prepar3D V3 Users

If you are installing for use in Prepar3D V3, do not install this patch.   Instead, you should install the full retail UTX Europe V2.1 version available from Flight 1 at the link below.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxeurope

This patch will not work with Prepar3D V3.

Allen

vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2015 at 4:13pm
After unwrapping the patch app ran but the dialog was hidden behind several open windows. Possible to set on top in future?

:)

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1050ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 GTX1080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
GordonH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2015 at 5:12pm
Nice one lads!
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2015 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by vic_baron vic_baron wrote:

After unwrapping the patch app ran but the dialog was hidden behind several open windows. Possible to set on top in future?

Thanks Vic.  Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. 
Allen

rsvette12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvette12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2015 at 9:45pm
Thanks so much - any hope of a Canada product please :)
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2015 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by rsvette12 rsvette12 wrote:

Thanks so much - any hope of a Canada product please :)

Already answered in this sticky post. Wink

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
rsvette12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvette12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2015 at 11:21pm
Thanks Jeff Smile
Bobsk8 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2015 at 8:02pm
Love this P3D add on. Looks great and FPS friendly. You have excellent products. 
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Bobsk8 Bobsk8 wrote:

Love this P3D add on. Looks great and FPS friendly. You have excellent products. 

Many thanks !
Allen

walterg74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walterg74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2015 at 10:14am

Hi guys, while I had recently bought the competition's texture replacement (and just that layer), I am considering buying UTX for the US and Europe (and others as they are released). I do have a question though about the following:

For dual installs, where someone has the classic/boxed FSX -and also- the Steam Edition, even though the base folders are different, and the registry keys are different, and there is even a key telling you that you have both co-existing, the competition products do not seem to work with this and require that you either have classic/boxed *OR* Steam Edition, but not both.

Are the UTX products the same, or can I install to FSX and it will work and then to FSX:SE and it would also work?

Thanks!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2015 at 10:51am
GEX automatically detects FSX and FSX SE and allows the user to use one or the other on interface launch by a simple click of a sim version selection button that appears when both versions are detected on a system. That means there is only one database install that enables/disables it in each sim on user command and both can be enabled at the same time from one interface.

Of course you don't have GEX so that's not important but based on the question I thought it was a good idea to make sure anyone else who may ask would see how it works.

UTX USA2.1/Europe2.1 (other versions to come) at present time have a install manager that allows the user to select what version of sim they wish to install the UTX region product into but each have their own individual interface connection to each sim, in other words reach region and light control system is installed using the UTX install manager into each FS sim individually through a selection in the manager and the interface where changes and selections are made for each is a separate interface in a separate shortcut in the PROGRAMS menu folder even though they look identical when launched. 

walterg74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walterg74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2015 at 11:03am
Thanks Nick, so just to be sure I understand:

The explanation the ORBX guys gave me is that (even though all I explained above about registry keys, folders, etc) when you choose to install if both are present it will only detect the "FSX Classic" keys and install to that...

You're saying this is not the case with UTX  (or even Gex if I chose to use it) and with both installed at the same time I can:

- Launch the installer, select FSX "classic", it will install correctly etc., leave launch icon for the install manager/interface, etc
- Launch again, select "FSX SE", it will install correctly, etc. leave another launch icon for the install/interface, etc.
- Launch FSX it will work fine all scenery changes working, etc. , shut it down.
- Launch FSX:SE it will work fine all scenery changes working, etc. , shut it down.

If that's the case, I will definitely be buying UTX once my card statement for this month closes :)  (this Tuesday), and seriously consider GEX...

Do you know if any other add-ons (even if not scenery but aircraft, etc) have this issue or if they are SE compatible they should work fine with dual installs like GEX/UTX do?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2015 at 12:03pm
Yes, that is essentially correct with the newer UTX install managers for the 2.1 USA and 2.1 Europe products. Allen will be updating the other UTX region products to work the same as he has time

Here is an example of the UTX USA product install manager

you can plainly see how you can select what version of the sim to install to which in turn gives you a separate folder/shortcut to the region for each sim.

Now, GEX is even more simplistic..   you simply install GEX once into Windows and can point it anywhere on the system to save space, and, on interface launch if FSX is installed and there is no FSXSE, the interface opens to the FSX interface..   The opposite if FSXSE is detected and FSX is not installed

However..  if BOTH are installed you get this when the interface opens

and then you select which version you wish to run. Once done close/reopen and select the other.. once selections are made in either to send files to the FSX version ...

....the changes remain in each FSX version without having to open/close/switch anything.

If you wish to disable GEX in either version or leave active in one and disable in the other... simply repeat and disable.

There are no hoops to jump through with the 2 products. We engineer the products so they do all the donkey work for the customer and UTX/GEX work together to design the products so they complement each other when both are used in concert in order to overcome the technical obstacles such as VAS consumption, visual texture blending, etc

briman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2015 at 4:57pm
Re UTX Europe v 2.1 upgrade.  I have FSXSE only.  In the root folder there are Fsx.exe and FSXSE Config.exe.  Please confirm I direct the patch instal to the former (Fsx.exe ) and not the latter.

Thanks for your advice.
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2015 at 12:23am
As noted in the Locating Root Folder PDF linked in the first post in this thread you are identifying the folder that the exe is in, not the exe itself. As both the exe's you list are in the same folder you have found the location (even if you somehow installed FSX-SE somewhere other than the default folders listed in the PDF).

Jeff

walterg74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walterg74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 1:35pm
Great, thanks Nick for the excellent explanation!

One last doubt:

is the recent 2.1 a normal/free upgrade to 2.0?  Asking because I have some credit at a different store than flight1, and would like to spend it on UTX (but they have it listed as UTX USA (and also have Europe) v2".

Thanks!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 7:57pm

Yes, NA 2.1 is free to ALL NA 2.0 users regardless of if you purchased NA20 directly with discount or without the discount  or got NA20 free by installing one of the other regions
walterg74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walterg74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 8:40pm
Sorry, what discount would you be talking about? Shocked
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 9:24pm
If you owned GEX North America and purchased it in the past (v1.096 or older) then you qualified for a discount price of 14.99 at the time of purchase. That was made clear on the product page and the release thread we posted  

if you never had GEX NA in the past and GEX NA 2.0 was a first time purchase then there was no discount.

walterg74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walterg74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 9:32pm
Ah ok, yes, I don't have any discount, this is my first scenery product I would get from you.

In any case, I see now they added "latest version 2.1" on their product page, so all good :)

Thanks.

MichaelAKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelAKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2015 at 12:42pm
Hello,

Simple question, I own the DVD version 1, and wish to take the opportunity of purchasing v2 with the 50% price offer, will v2 install as an update or is uninstallation of v1 required first.

Many Thanks
Mike
mahler
rsvette12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvette12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2015 at 1:41pm
New install - clean up good and install new version :)
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2015 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by MichaelAKing MichaelAKing wrote:

will v2 install as an update or is uninstallation of v1 required first.

You must uninstall the corresponding V1.x product first before you attempt to install the V2.x version.

Jeff

MichaelAKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelAKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2015 at 3:00pm

Many Thanks

Mike
mahler
Ric33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ric33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 6:15am
Thanks for this update.
I use FSX-SE and p3D v2.5.
I did try some locations with P3D v2.5 and when landing at LFBH airport I found the Atlantic Ocean disappeared.

So I did uncheck
[Area.126]
Title=UT Exclusions For Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\UtExcl
Layer=126
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Ocean was back and it looks fine for this location

So probably one .bgl  mistake !
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 7:25am
I just checked LFBH. I see no issues and the ocean is fine..  

It appears there is something wrong with your install.. you should never have to uncheck a UTX layer.

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2015 at 3:00pm
As Nick says, you should never have to uncheck the UT Exclusions For Default Scenery Layer if you have a properly installed UTX product (in fact we mention just this fact in our FAQs).

Do you have and OrbX/FTX products installed? If you do and have not correctly set their configuration it will overwrite the flightsim platforms terrain.cfg file with a version which will no longer include all the required UTX entries. As noted in our FAQs, the usual solution to this is to re-run the UTX Setup Tool and it will re-add the missing entries during its self-text stage. Make sure that you run the UTX Setup Tool by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

If this does not resolve the issue, then you definitely have a problem with your install.

Jeff

petehowell57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petehowell57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 6:17am
Hi

I have been successfully running UTX USA v2.2 and UTX Eur v2.1 on FSX and P3D v2.5.   I have now installed UTX USA successfully into P3D v3 but am having trouble with UTX Eur.  I have downloaded the full version from the Flight1 site, but when I try to run it, after the initial flash screen asking me to check the internet connection (which passes ok) I get an error message telling the process cannot continue and to contact the vendor.  Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 6:16pm
As you are describing an issue with the Flight 1 e-commerce wrapper you will need to contact them directly by opening a support ticket here.

Jeff

petehowell57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petehowell57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2015 at 3:55am
Thanks Jeff.   Yes you are right. Should have done that in the first place. Doh !

Pete
Ric33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ric33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

I just checked LFBH. I see no issues and the ocean is fine.. 
It appears there is something wrong with your install.. you should never have to uncheck a UTX layer.

After having done a fresh install
without UTX everything is fine with P3D 2.5
With UTX Europe v2.1 installed
1)
LFBH ==> Ocean disappears
UK coast between EGHR and EGKA ==> Channel sea disappears
it works without
UT Exclusions For Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\UtExcl
2)
EGCC airport
90% of taxiways disappear.
it works without
UT Europe Airports
Local=Scenery\UtEurAirports

So please be able to understand the problem is "maybe" not from my install.
There is "unfortunately and probably" an issue with UTX Europe P3D v2.1 with P3D v2.5

I have ONLY UTX in the Scenery.

I will try with FSX-SE.

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 6:26pm
Hmm.  I just loaded Prepar3D V2.5 at LFBH and the surrounding ocean is just fine.
Allen

Ric33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ric33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 8:45am
After long meditation  Sleepy  Sleepy
and  "deep" unsinstall of P3D v2.5, it works fine now. Party

Some issue pending at EGCC, I had to disable it using SetupTool
Modify status of repositionned airport
otherwise 90% of taxiways disappear. 

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 10:44am
I did research the taxiway issue this morning.  In the UTX Europe V2.1 patch, we fixed EDDM because the same thing was happening with the taxiways.    We found out that Prepar3D handles the taxiway draw flags differently than FSX/FSX-SE in the airport definition files.   This is something we are going to have to investigate further in the future.    We will add EGCC to the list of things to address in the next patch.
Allen

Ric33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ric33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 3:28pm
From this thread

UTX Euro LFKB taxiways missing

I checked and got same issue with LFKB
FlyingAxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingAxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

<snip>

If you don’t know the location of your simulators root folder (the one containing FSX.EXE or Prepar3D.exe), we have created a help document to aid you below:

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Doc/LocatingRootFolder.pdf

Click the link below to view detailed patch instructions (recommended):

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Doc/InstallingUtxPatches.pdf
<snip>

Alan, when trying to read both PDF in my Firefox I'm getting a 404 error (file does not exist). After downloading both I'm getting an invalid file format error and the message that it seems to be rather like a HTML document.

What's going on, is it just my problem?
Axel
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 5:34pm
No.  It's not your problem.  I am now maintaining 2 web hosts for my site.   The documents are on the backup host and need to be moved to the primary host.

I will update this thread when the problem is resolved.   It may take up to 24 hours.

Thanks for pointing it out !
Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 3:22pm
OK.  The links seem to be working now.
Allen

FlyingAxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingAxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 7:18pm
They did, thanks.
Axel
Ben B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2015 at 3:21am
hello,
would like to change the blue roads. what setting do I have to do exactly the tool? Would be nice if I could one explain briefly. Here's a picture, fly in P3Dv3 with FTX Global openLC and UTXv2. Many thanks.
http://abload.de/img/blauq9su3lysog.png
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic