SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > AirWrench - Air Traffic FX and GeoApr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ability to Change ATC ID/Registrations?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ability to Change ATC ID/Registrations?
    Posted: October-16-2017 at 8:42pm
Jerry,

I just picked up Air Traffic FX and so far am enjoying it as another AI tool.

(Love the formation bit!)

I was just wondering if in a future update, it would be possible for the AI to use the ATC ID that is in the chosen AI aircraft.cfg, instead of the default N number that ATFX assigns.

And for maximum flexibility, it would be nice to have it changeable by the user on the fly, as well.

Cheers

Paul

mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 12:27am
I'm getting old and forgetful. Where do you see the default N number that ATFX assigns?
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2017 at 6:53pm
Paul,
I'm not really sure what your original question was, so here's what I do know.  There's just one aircraft label that can be set through the simconnect API for AI aircraft, and AirTrafficFX sets this label to the value of 'atc_model' in the aircraft.cfg file.  If that value is not set in the aircraft.cfg file, then AirTrafficFX just assigns the label a number. This label isn't visible in the sim itself, but it is displayed as the aircraft ID in the aircraft track's data block on the AirTrafficFX Radar tab.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic