SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A European Sightseeing Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schroewo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A European Sightseeing Tour
    Posted: December-27-2009 at 3:30pm

Hi all,

to see the wonderful world of GEX EU I've written an European Sightseeing Tour which leads to nearly all FSX points of interest in Europe. The complete VFR tour consists of 10 parts, each containing 10 legs.

I've uploaded the first part of the tour to my private webspace so if you are interested in sightseeing you can download it. Part 1 starts in Norway and leads to the United Kingdom.

Best regards
Wolfgang

EDIT: This is the full tour package    http://www.cpp-tutor.de/downloads/EurSightseeing.zip

Thanks Wolfgang!    NickN

Dutch60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 7:52am
Thanks for the very nice flight plans.
Nice the have FSCommander compatibility.

Shame there is only one airport in the Netherlands, well we are a small country.
I am missing various country's like Germany, Switzerland, Austria and many more.

Is there going to be a part 4 and maybe even more.
965 @ 4GHz WC|Corsair @ 1600MHz CL8|2x EVGA GTX285 FTW @ 720/1620/1390 WC|2x Samsung 305T+|CH EclipseYoke ThrottleQuadrant FighterStick ProThrottle|TrackIR 4 Pro|Logitech G9+G19|3DMark Vantage 28846
schroewo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schroewo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 9:04am

FSCommander compatibility...hmm...oh yeah, that was the program that I used to create the flight plans Smile

The reason why there's only one airport in the Netherlands is that there aren't many POI's in the Netherlands. The complete package was designed to visit nearly all POI's in Europe.

And yes, there are more parts, exactly 10. I've just finished part 7. Till now France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, Greece and Turkey are done. Going from south to north Austria and Germany will follow.

The next update, which is planned before Sunday, will include the complete tour.

Wolfgang

conao View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 5:17am

Hi,

I've been flying only IFR for a long time now, with many hours spent in preparations, FMC programming, etc. Your Europe Sightseeing Tour seems to be just the right thing to get me on some casual VFR flights again.

Many thanks for your hard work. It seems great and I'm looking forward to start the first leg!   Clap

Regards,

Marconi

Sandbridge i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
GeForce GTX580 1.5GB
16GB DDR3 2000MHz
SSD 256GB (OS + FSX)
Windows 7 64bits
FSX + MyTrafficX + REX + ASA + UTX + GEX + FSGlobal
Saitek Yoke+Pedals+TQ and VRi MCP+CDU2
schroewo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schroewo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 7:26am

You're welcome!

And more for the VFR freaks is coming, the North American Sightseeing Tour. The route is completed. It starts at Key West and ends at Talkeetna/Alaska. But I think it will still need some time to enter all the data.

So for now have much fun with the European Sightseeing Tour.

Wolfgang

Dutch60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 2:06pm
Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for releasing complete European tour.

StarStarStarStarStar
965 @ 4GHz WC|Corsair @ 1600MHz CL8|2x EVGA GTX285 FTW @ 720/1620/1390 WC|2x Samsung 305T+|CH EclipseYoke ThrottleQuadrant FighterStick ProThrottle|TrackIR 4 Pro|Logitech G9+G19|3DMark Vantage 28846
hfkwong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hfkwong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 11:44pm
Dear All, the reason I learn this game is mainly for sight seeing. Without knowing much, I generally just flying from airport to the next nearest airport using GPS.

This package is exactly what I am looking for. However, can someone please help me more on this package.

I tried Part 1 the first one - Leg 1 from ENRY to ENHA

The first point of interest is:

Course 008 with Dist 38

I fly heading 008 for 38nm, it is just a general scenery with no particular point of interest such as a building, a lake or a mountain. Am I missing anything? Or thing is just a suggestion of general view for a flying plan?

Thank you.

schroewo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schroewo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2010 at 5:47am

Hi,

don't expect that the waypoints are the POI's. The waypoints are 'only' nav aids and most of the POI's are located between them.

On the first leg you will pass Oslo. Look at the attached picture, the red labels mark some of the POI's of Oslo. To find the exact location of the POI's the add-on FSDiscover! will be very helpful unless you have eagle-eyes.

Kind regards
Wolfgang

hfkwong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hfkwong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2010 at 3:18am
Dear schroewo, thank you for the reply. I really think adding the FSDiscover will be very helpful.

By the way, I think I flow the the wrong place in the first leg. I did not get the same picture as you do. I really need to polish up my flying skill.

Thank you again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic