SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgraded Airports in TAC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgraded Airports in TAC
    Posted: January-07-2017 at 5:37pm
Hi Folks,

The TAC pack contains improved airports in the Carribean - right - is there a list somewhere ?

I found St Thomas and it looks pretty good - what are the others ? Supposed to be 30 or so ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2017 at 11:31pm
Which version of UTX TAC do you have V1.x or V2.x? V2.x has some XpressSim V.1x areas which are controlled by a separate setup tool.

Both versions list all the normally modified airports in the UTX Setup Tool under Terrain->Modify Status of Repositioned Airports.

Details about this command are included in the manual which was installed with the product.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
scottb613 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 8:40am
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding - I have the new one -V2...

I'll take a look at the tool... So I need to do a separate XpressSim setup ? I don't think I did that... TIST (St Thomas) seemed to include custom textured terminals and such... The advertisements stated 30 improved airports - with 300 re-positioned adn adjusted - I guess I'm just looking for the 30 improved on par with TIST...

One side bar if you don't mind... I just completely removed my P3D (all 4 packages) to upgrade to a newer version - the uninstalls left the directory structure in place and I installed the new version in the same location... I was more than mildly surprised when it seems that my UT packages are all fine and working without reinstalling them - does that sound right ??? Even on a complete upgrade - I don't have to install UT all over again ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 11:51am
Hi Scott,

I think there may be some confusion over the exact UTX TAC features.   Here is the Flight one ad.

UTX TAC V1 had over 30 coastal ports that were modeled using vector featrues and over 200 airports that were corrected from an elevation and location standpoint.

UTX TAC V2 added more features, including 5 demo XpressSim V1 airports ( TJSJ, TTPP, TTCP, TIST and MYAW).    TAC V2 also includes 4 seaports that were modeled using XpressSim technology.

One thing to point out.   The demo XpressSimV1 airports should not be confused with our new XpressSimV2 releases which are purchased, download, installed and configured completely differently from XpressSimV1 airports.   So, UTX TAC users will run the XpressSimV1 interface to configure the demos included in UTX TAC.    All newer XpressSim releases will run the XpressSimV2 interface.

Hope this helps.

Allen

scottb613 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 4:30pm
Hi Allen,

Ahh - OK - got it now - at least I have 4 more airports to check out...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by scottb613 scottb613 wrote:

I was more than mildly surprised when it seems that my UT packages are all fine and working without reinstalling them - does that sound right ??? Even on a complete upgrade - I don't have to install UT all over again ???

No, but I'd need a lot more details as to exactly what you did and in what order to try and determine if you really have a working UTX install after the P3D re-install.

I would recommend re-installing all the UTX products if you uninstalled and reinstalled a differnent version of P3D.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic