SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem in Ultimate Terrain Europe FS2004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carcasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem in Ultimate Terrain Europe FS2004
    Posted: October-04-2008 at 7:01am

Does anybody know this problem in the east coast of Ireland, near Dubin? This is like a coast line but in the middle of the sea with no terrain inside.

alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2008 at 3:48pm
Hi Aitor,

Can you give the coordinates ?

This is what I see off the coast near Dublin:

As this doesn't really look anything like your image I'd like the exact location so that I can make a direct comparison.

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
carcasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carcasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2008 at 7:46am

Yes of course, here you have the exact coordinates of the problem. It's the south coast of Dublin. N 53. 16. 32     W 6. 5. 05. I have no addon installed. Only Ground Environment PRO and the Ultimate Terrain Europe FS9. Thanks!

alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2008 at 1:35pm
Hi Aitor,

Reproducing your screenshot, this is what I see on my system:

Note that both of the islands are "filled in" and that the harbour to the north-west is enclosed. If you check your UT-Europe settings you can compare them with mine:

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
carcasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carcasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2008 at 3:13pm

Hi Alastair

My settings are the same as yours (predeterminated settings) and I don't know the problem. Could it be FSGlobal 2005?? I remember now that I have it installed. It's really estrange because I installed FS2004 many times with no addons, only Ultimate Terrain and the problem continues. It's maybe a mistake in my FS2004 scenery files...don't know. But I think I would be able to live with that ugly coastline in the middle of Irish sea :):). It doesn't affect my flights, but it's really nasty mistake. Thanks!

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2008 at 3:38pm
As FSGlobal is a mesh product, I do not think it would have anything to do with this.

It is possible that there is some minor conflict in that you have some default scenery still involved. To try and rule this out

- Shutdown and restart your PC.
- Start the UT Setup and Configuration Tool and select the Restore default FS2004 scenery option.
- Once that operation completes, turn on the UT options you had originally (or as Alastair highlighted).
- Once that operation completes you can quit the UT Setup and Configuration Tool and restart FS9 to see if the issue has been resolved.

Also make sure you have installed all the available updates for UT Europe for FS9. They can be found on the Scenery Solutions Ultimate Terrain Download for FS9/FS2004 page.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
carcasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carcasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 11:53am
I have found where the problem is. It's in the setup and configuration tool. When I active the " Enhance coastlines(Oceanic)" the problem appears (the strange islands which aren't "filled in"). When I don't select that option (Enhance coastlines), the problem disappears. Why?? Any solution please! Thanks!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 2:01pm
Have you tried the instructions I last suggested? Have you also made sure you are running the latest updates available?

While it may be true that turning off the oceanic coastlines makes the coastlines disappear (which is exactly what you are telling it to do), it is not solving the real issue you have which is the missing islands themselves (which as you have seen from other screenshots should be there).

Jeff

carcasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carcasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 5:21pm
Oh my GOD! Finally I solved it...it was that i hadn't installed one of the official updates. now my islands in ireland are perfect, beautiful scenery. But I still found another problem which still continues even with all updates installed...it's a straight terrain line in the middle of the mediterranean sea. No sense there...but impossible to make it disappear. Thanks!! 
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 4:11pm
That sliver of land just looks like a seam in the water coverage between LOD5 cells.   I doubt that there is anything you can do about it at this point.
Allen

Uwescooby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uwescooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2014 at 12:54pm
Hi Scenery Solution-Team,

i noticed the line, shown in the picture above, in my Sim too.

Is there any solution known yet, thanks for your help.

...FS9 is alive, also because of addon-software like UT, FSGlobal 2010 and now the EVO-textures...

Best Regards

Uwe
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2014 at 4:40pm
Unfortunately, there is not a solution as we stopped patch support for FS9 many years ago.    UT is still a great product for FS9.  The FS9 market share is now almost nothing right now.

To me, it looks like a seam between water polygons.   If it is really important to you and you have done some scenery development before, you could probably patch this by creating a water polygon and laying it on top.   
Allen

Uwescooby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uwescooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2014 at 6:56am
Thanks for The reply, i only created some excludes, i will try it with the polygon, so i can learn step by step.

nice Weekend...

Uwe
el_lopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_lopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 8:14am
Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

As FSGlobal is a mesh product, I do not think it would have anything to do with this.

It is possible that there is some minor conflict in that you have some default scenery still involved. To try and rule this out

- Shutdown and restart your PC.
- Start the UT Setup and Configuration Tool and select the Restore default FS2004 scenery option.
- Once that operation completes, turn on the UT options you had originally (or as Alastair highlighted).
- Once that operation completes you can quit the UT Setup and Configuration Tool and restart FS9 to see if the issue has been resolved.

Also make sure you have installed all the available updates for UT Europe for FS9. They can be found on the Scenery Solutions Ultimate Terrain Download for FS9/FS2004 page.

Jeff

HI

i cannot update the UT Europe for FS9...the link not work..any sugestion?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 10:25am
Originally posted by el_lopes el_lopes wrote:

HI

This thread is very old and was started in 2008 and the last post was 2 years ago. Over the years the Scenery Solutions website has changed

Simply click the top menu 'Downloads' on the website for updates to each sim/UTX version, here is a direct link for FS9

el_lopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_lopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Originally posted by el_lopes el_lopes wrote:

HI

This thread is very old and was started in 2008 and the last post was 2 years ago. Over the years the Scenery Solutions website has changed

Simply click the top menu 'Downloads' on the website for updates to each sim/UTX version, here is a direct link for FS9

tks for your response

The link not worked..any solution?
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 3:26pm
I just tested and the link which Nick provided does work. Are you talking about a specific link on that page which does not work?

Jeff

el_lopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_lopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

I just tested and the link which Nick provided does work. Are you talking about a specific link on that page which does not work?

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Right ..its the link posted by Nick... not open here . i have disable anti-virus and firewall to
   I gonna try open it by  using the windows explore...
el_lopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_lopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2016 at 9:14am
 Well

I tried whith firefox in  other  computer  and yes it works.

Chrome and IE not opens the site ...strange,,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic