SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GEX ATLANTIC & PACIFIC TROPICS RELEASED!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEX ATLANTIC & PACIFIC TROPICS RELEASED!
    Posted: October-04-2011 at 2:37pm

Product has been released! 

Direct links to the product and the coupons are also posted below

Introducing the next GEX Region:

GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics

GEX Atlantic and Pacific tropics covers the following locations:

Mexico, Central America, Cuba, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Bahamas, Guam, Hawaii, Philippines, the Caribbean, parts of tropical Asia such as Indonesia and some stretches of northern South America

With all currently available GEX regions installed (NA, EU, AFME) this package will have a high impact on both Asia and South America.

GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics will provide the following features:
Coverage from the Philippines to Mexico/Central America, Caribbean and Hawaiian Islands
20% discount for GEX North America and Europe customers (ends Nov 30, 2011)
30% discount for GEX Africa and the Middle East customers (unlimited time offer)
Major upgrade for GEX North America v1.90+ when installed with GEX NA
Enhanced textures to assist in rendering clear visuals as low as 250-500ft.
High volume autogen layout with optimizations for maximum performance.
Synchronizes all GEX regions. No texture switching between regions.
Full texture support for SceneryTech and Xclass landclass products.
1m/pixel - 1024x1024 Textures - No excessive resolution to render.
Automated file backup system with merged region backup storage.
Sync patches provided for UTX USA\Canada\UT Alaska
FSX tree render issue addressed in autogen annotation.
Improved default FSX road night lighting.
Highly detailed aerial views.
Natural seasonal blending.

If you own GEX North America but do not own GEX Africa and the Middle East this product willl upgrade GEX North America when installed. It will sync all GEX regions (NA-EU-AFME) and provide new textures and a very large number of upgraded textures to North America for color and tone. No region switching is required after installation of this product.

If you already have Afrcia and the Middle East this product will sync to it with no issues. (be sure to update AFME to v1.10)

GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics is $34.95

All GEX Africa and Middle East (GEX AFME) customers: We promised you a 20% discount on the next GEX region for purchasing AFME. You will NOT GET 20%...  

Instead you get a 30% discount! Please be sure to use the coupon when purchasing Atlantic and Pacific Tropics.

GEX North America (GEX NA) and GEX Europe (GEX EU) customers: You get a 20% discount for purchasing GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics. Please be sure to use the coupon when purchasing.

------> The discount offer for NA and EU customers is good through November 31st 2011  <-----

The offer for AFME customers is unlimited so if you do not have GEX Africa and the Middle East you can obtain a 30% discount for GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics by purchasing GEX AFME at any time.

All customers who purchase GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropic will get a 20% discount off the next GEX region release!

Join the GEX party!

Your GEX NA product version must be v1.09 or above, GEX EU version must be v2.1 or above and GEX AFME version must be 1.10 or above to install and use this product.

Please make sure all of your other GEX regions are correctly updated before installing this product. In each regional GEX interface click the UPDATES button and follow the directions.

To check the version you are using simply open the GEX interface for each region and check the version number at the top of the interface. Update the products following the instructions provided.

SceneryTech North America landclass covers Mexico, Central America, Cuba, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and the Bahamas. We highly suggest the use of SceneryTech North America when flying these locations.

UTX USA covers Hawaii

SceneryTech and Xclass have landclass products for Asia as well as SceneryTech Indo Pacific and SceneryTech South America.

Asia and South America will see many changes with all current GEX products installed together however they are not completely covered.

Paul Wheeler has freeware scenery for the southern Caribbean which will display the GEX textures in the GEX APT package http://www.strikingsoftware.com/downloads.shtml PW Sceneries, all freeware. Note: Do not install the beach textures as GEX has upgraded those textures in the Tropics released

We sincerely thank you for your continued support. Anthony and I hope you enjoy the Ground Environment X Atlantic and Pacific Tropics Edition!

PRODUCT DOWNLOAD:

Download and place both files in a single folder, then run the EXE file

Be sure to download the coupon zip file, unzip and select the correct coupon for your installed product
Click here to download the coupons - Read the included info file so you can select the right coupon. Use the "Coupon" button in the purchase screen to apply.

Some images of the product...

Thank You Again For Your Support!

The GEX Team!

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 6:40pm
This product has been released!  See the link at the top of the announcement
big-mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big-mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2011 at 12:52pm
WOW!!!
What an amazing work!
Thank you very much for this release,Anthony and Nick.
Michael
WIN7 Ult.64bit,i7 975oc 4GHz,3x2GB DDR3-1600RAM Mushkin RedLine(6-7-6-18),3x300GB VC-Raptor,Asus P6T Deluxe V2,Gainward GTX580 Phantom ,Tagan PipeRock 800W.,Watercooled-CPU
raptorx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raptorx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2011 at 3:08pm
Thanks to you Nick and Anthony for this great work and for the coupon too!  GEX is the best!

-Jim
YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2011 at 5:43pm
Can coupons be cumulative Wink if I have all parts before?

This new GEX covers Regions: H, R, S ?

webmaster, YoYosims
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 9:01am
H-R with a good portion of S in which S is covered by textures from F and 4 other regions of the world

I explaned how FSX works with tropical Asia (region S) here: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/tncm-and-the-tropics_topic40359_post237450.html#237450

There is no such thing as S region textures.. the sim shares them between regions
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 11:48pm
User images are starting to be posted in the Flight1 Screenshot forum

We never alter or add any post production to any product image we post and I like to point people to user images like this so they can see what the product looks like from current customers. Such images present a unbiased demonstration of the product and shows the potential the textures have when adding different effects such as ENB or SHADE to the sim.

YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:50am
Looks very nice and SHADE rulez too :) !
webmaster, YoYosims
YoYo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoYo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 12:32pm
I have a question abou "S" region - special Thailand. This Country is covered by the new textures or not?
webmaster, YoYosims
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by YoYo YoYo wrote:

I have a question abou "S" region - special Thailand. This Country is covered by the new textures or not?

I already answered that question and linked to a in-depth explanation above

Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

H-R with a good portion of S in which S is covered by textures from F and 4 other regions of the world
I explaned how FSX works with tropical Asia (region S) here: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/tncm-and-the-tropics_topic40359_post237450.html#237450
There is no such thing as S region textures.. the sim shares them between regions

The area is mostly covered but there are missing F region textures used there which will be added with the next region release

There is no such thing as a "S" region texture in FSX.. they do not exist. Aces never made a S region texture set and none of the landclasses would call them even if we created a set from scratch
piliwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piliwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 12:46pm
Nick,I am replacing my computer and still have to buy GEX Africa/ME and GEX pacific tropics (what i surely will do!). I just went to Java and Bali last summer. Do you have some "ricefield" textures in your GEX products, or will you add them (if possible of course...)? Those landscapes are so typical there. If i remember it right you also went to Bali some time ago...?

Hans
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by piliwi piliwi wrote:

Nick,I am replacing my computer and still have to buy GEX Africa/ME and GEX pacific tropics (what i surely will do!). I just went to Java and Bali last summer. Do you have some "ricefield" textures in your GEX products, or will you add them (if possible of course...)? Those landscapes are so typical there. If i remember it right you also went to Bali some time ago...?

Hans

Hans

There are no "S" region (tropical Asia) textures in FSX, none

The so called 'step farming' 'rice fields' are the 15F series which was made during Europe production.

Aces defined Asia textures to be used all over the world and at the same time they defined Asia be covered by texture numbers not meant for Asia. In other words Aces got real lazy and said "forget Asia"

We can not make special textures for a region that are not defined in the landclass table.. the landclass will not call them, and, at the same time we can not make a texture like the 15Fs that look like step-farming rice fields since they are used all over South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, and the tropics too. To do so would ruin a much larger area of the world outside of Asia.

There is nothing we can do about this. We may look at changing the current 15F series textures in the next package but what we come up with must not visually damage the larger scope of areas the textures are used.

We can also not make special textures just for Asia and tell people to switch using the interface.. that defeats the purpose of designing so no switching is required.

Because Asia presents us with very few options and the fact that so many Asia textures are used in South America we are incorporating both Asia and South America into a single package release.

piliwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piliwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2011 at 5:45am
Nick,

thank you for your explanation. I do understand what you mean. And it is indeed nice to keep the idea of "no switching".

It would be wonderful though, with the release of that Asia/SA package, if you could add even if only "one" ricefield or ricefieldlike texture;). Isn't there something like ricefieldlike landscapes in South America? I hope so

Concerning the 15F series: even if there is something that looks like a ricefield, maybe if melanged with European textures, it works, because, if we fly over Europe we also "feel" being in Europe, and we don't really recognise it as "ricefields". On the other hand, if we fly over Asia, and the ricefieldtextures are melanged with other Asia textures, we "feel" being in Asia, and we really identify them as ricefields. Maybe you can play around with that psychological phenomenon

Hans
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2011 at 11:00am

Concerning the 15F series: even if there is something that looks like a ricefield, maybe if melanged with European textures, it works, because, if we fly over Europe we also "feel" being in Europe, and we don't really recognise it as "ricefields".
Hans

If you look at the current 15Fs that is exactly what we already did during Europe production...   they have a very Asia look with step-fields farming in them, and, with the right landclass they do appear on Bali in the hills as they should

piliwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piliwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 6:34am
Nick, you are right, where has this picture been taken? I definately must decide very soon to buy my new computer to find this all out (the reason i still didn't decide is that i am reading very carefully your posts about tuning FSX etc, but at the end i don't know what to buy... i never bought a self composed comp, only i used Dell versions, because i have no experience with it...and alienware is maybe not the best for FSX...)

It's strange, flying over Europe, seeing this texture, i will never start thinking about ricefields, but the same texture above Asia,i will directly associate it with ricefields.
I suppose every part of the world has it's stereotypes, clichés, so if i fly Asia, i expect ricefields and thereby i also notice them, i am even really looking for them. If i fly Europe i don't notice them at all, or i decide automatically to give them another interpretation...
So i wonder, if you will make Asia/South America, wich stereotypes you will use that are switchable between those two worldparts. I wonder how you decide wich texture can give the "feeling" being in Asia, or in South America. Even if Aces were lazy, maybe it's possible to create a kind of "being there" feeling, based on the fact that we are psychologically influenced by the knowledge that we are flying this or that part of the world...

You make me very curious

Hans
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 1:22pm
Those are seen in a very large sq-km area in Europe, northern Italy around the major rivers and flood plains south of the Alps with UTX Europe and no other 3PD Europe LC running

They are also seen in Spain following the major rivers/flood plains with UTX Europe and no other 3PD LC running
cac987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cac987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:58pm

I just installed it and man you talk about a difference, it's great

I don't fly much in Hawaii or other parts mostly us and can only, but this sure made the frame rates come up and the secenry so much better
Thanks
cac987
piliwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piliwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 1:45pm

Those are seen in a very large sq-km area in Europe, northern Italy around the major rivers and flood plains south of the Alps with UTX Europe and no other 3PD Europe LC running

They are also seen in Spain following the major rivers/flood plains with UTX Europe and no other 3PD LC running

Nick, i meant, where has the "real" picture, the texture you use, has been taken?

Hans
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 3:10pm

Nick, i meant, where has the "real" picture, the texture you use, has been taken?

Hans

Anthony handles the tile production and sources... however in this case I recall a conversation during Europe production where he said the 15F source came from Japan

piliwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piliwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2011 at 6:34am

Hans

Anthony handles the tile production and sources... however in this case I recall a conversation during Europe production where he said the 15F source came from Japan

Well, that's nice to know... so these are really ricefields
I hope you'll add some in the Asia/SA production

Hans
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2011 at 12:53pm
Yes they are real rice fields..   we simply went with a smaller scale to get them to work for Europe/AFME/tropics and Asia

Hans, there are no textures in Asia to add rice fields to.. its like I said earlier Aces made very few Asia textures and the ones they did make they shared them all over the world. Asia in FSX is a complete cluster-duck of shared textures instead of defined Asia design

We have some ideas to try and work out the look but there is nothing we can do to define Asia as strictly 'Asia-only' in FSX using the default landclass table and texture numbers

South America does have defined textures for it used no where else as well as Aussie world. That is why we are combining SA with Asia, so there is a high value to the customer in the purchase. The next/last region to build is OZ.
Kjellsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjellsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 7:51am
Anny DVD version soon?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 8:07am
Its my understanding a DVD is in production and is due to be released sometime around the end of this month or beginning of April
ThePlainsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePlainsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 12:19am
Is there a downloadable version of GEX available now for South America-Asia? When I say "Asia" I'm referring to Japan, North and South Korea, China, India, etc.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 6:51am
Asia and South America are going to be a single product (one product for both regions) release and is currently in production
LuciferSam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuciferSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 6:53am
Hi, I love flying over the tropics, so i'll buy this release very soon. I just wonder if it is necessary to install gex NA or others before buying this one. I have no other gex products yet, and the "tropics" will be the first one. Can you suggest what is the best thing to do? Will there be any problems if I buy tropics first and NA or Europe later?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2012 at 8:24am
Originally posted by LuciferSam LuciferSam wrote:

Hi, I love flying over the tropics, so i'll buy this release very soon. I just wonder if it is necessary to install gex NA or others before buying this one. I have no other gex products yet, and the "tropics" will be the first one. Can you suggest what is the best thing to do? Will there be any problems if I buy tropics first and NA or Europe later?

GEX APT does not require any other GEX version be installed, however, be aware that some textures are shared between regions in FSX and when you leave the tropics you will see a mix of default FSX textures and GEX in other regions, which will not match each other and will create visual clashes until another GEX region is added.

As the manul for the products state, GEX North America must be installed and patched first before other regions are installed, however you can do that at any time and then simply re-run the interfaces and install the options for GEX regions other than NA you may have installed first,  and without uninstalling anything. Very simple and easy to do.

gesmin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gesmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 10:24am
Hello.  An interesting looking product.  I may be opening my wallet soon for the Europe package.  Apologies if the question that follows is answered elsewhere but a quick search of the forum hasn't yielded any hits.  Does the tropics package cover islands including Trinidad, Tobago, Barbados?  The product information states it covers "Caribbean islands" although the map that you first encounter at http://gex.flight1.net/ doesn't highlight all those islands.  Thanks for your help.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:36pm
Yes, it does..  but as far as landclass coverage is concerned, you will need a South America landclass product to cover Trinidad/Tobago.. SceneryTech SA or Xclass SA

We also have an update coming for the tropics too
gesmin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gesmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 4:55pm
Thanks for that helpful clarification; it all makes sense now!
HeBuMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeBuMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 8:51am
Hi there,
i have a little Problem with Ground Enviroment Tropics & Africa - Middle East.
I have installed the 2 older versions of GEX USA/Canada & Europe.

After i have installed the both new addons i looked in the Game an i cant find any different textures, so i think the both new addons are not working.

I would download the both new patches for usa & europe but it will cost me 44$. I am not wanted to pay more cause i have bought the both new addons.

So my question is, do the new addons work only with the patches to v1.9 or can i use it stand alone?

(sry my english is not perfect but i do my very best :P )

need help to install it correctly plz.

Greetz HeBuMa
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 9:07am
Update your products through the interfaces.. You need to be on GEX North America v1.9 or above and GEX Europe 2.1 and above to install the current version of GEX Africa & Middle East

The interface UPDATES button should direct you to the patches. If for some reason you are using a VERY OLD version of GEX North America (USA/Canada) then you will need to contact Flight1 directly through the ticket system and give them your purchase data..  they will issue you update codes for the newer products. http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

There is no cost to the customer to update USA/Canada v1.6 (or less) or Europe v1.0-1.1

SirStiggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirStiggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 10:34pm
I'm downloading this product now.

I lived in Jamaica for many years and look forward to seeing the improvement this product will make to flying there, especialy the airports and the cities of Kingston and Montego Bay.

I wish the discount applied to GEX NA customers though Smile
Intel i7 820, 12GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM SATA HD, nVidia FX880 with 1GB of RAM, Windows 7-64bit, FSX Gold, UTX-USA, GEX North America, REX Essentials
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 7:42am
Originally posted by SirStiggie SirStiggie wrote:

I lived in Jamaica for many years and look forward to seeing the improvement this product will make to flying there, especialy the airports and the cities of Kingston and Montego Bay.

Keep in mind that the landclass is very poor in the tropics. Your best bet for landclass until UTX releases their tropics product is SceneryTech North America which covers Jamaica

Also, we are gearing up to release a major patch for the product within the next 4 weeks at most
SirStiggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirStiggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 3:04pm
Smile

Originally posted by SirStiggie SirStiggie wrote:

Keep in mind that the landclass is very poor in the tropics. Your best bet for landclass until UTX releases their tropics product is SceneryTech North America which covers Jamaica

Also, we are gearing up to release a major patch for the product within the next 4 weeks at most

You were right about about the tropics as I was a bit disappointed with Jamaica. I did see an improvement but not as much as I had hoped. Hawaii is a different story though. Great stuff there Smile.

I'll wait till UTX releases their tropics product as I'd prefer to have has little scenery product authors as possible. Makes troubleshooting easier. 
Intel i7 820, 12GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM SATA HD, nVidia FX880 with 1GB of RAM, Windows 7-64bit, FSX Gold, UTX-USA, GEX North America, REX Essentials
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 4:31pm
It does not matter if its the Tropics or USA..  
Landclass in FSX must be replaced with better data and there is a difference between urban and rural landclass too. Although UTX usually nails urban, it lacks in rural and needs the 3rd party landclass like SceneryTech running with UTX (layered with UTX in the scenery library correctly, to obtain the best result.

There is no such thing as 'one landclass fits all'

Hawaii is covered by UTX USA landclass
acko52 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acko52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 9:03pm
Gday Nick
Now that UTX TAC is released, im wondering if you have any suggestions with regard to the interaction of GEX with UTX, for which i dont understand. I have read and reread the manuals, but i just dont understand it. I have all GEX and UTX,scenerytech na, sa and europe, fsgenisis na and europe. In a nutshell now that i have installed UTX TAC, do i have to do anything with GEX ATP. I really appreciate all your wisdom and hard work for that i thank you
                                                   Jeff
new to fsx & computers have flown a few a/craft but not a pilot Intel I7 2670QM (2.2/3.1 GHZ 1333 MHZ FSB 6MB L3 cache) HM65 chipset W7 hp 64 bit *GB mem DDR 3 ( 4GB + 4GB ) 1333 MHZ Nvidia ge 540m 2G
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 10:56pm
GEX APT is about to be replaced with a new interface and a good size update. In that interface we added UTX Tropics support, however for now simply re-run the UTX USA/Canada sync patch from the GEX APT interface and some of the files they installed with UTX Tropics will be upgraded but until we get the next APT release out which should be soon the complete GEX coverage for that UTX product is not available.

acko52 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acko52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 11:13pm
Gday Nick
Thankyou for that very fast reply, i am aware of the GEX update coming, you must be very busy, there again when arnt you, again thanks
                                         Jeff
new to fsx & computers have flown a few a/craft but not a pilot Intel I7 2670QM (2.2/3.1 GHZ 1333 MHZ FSB 6MB L3 cache) HM65 chipset W7 hp 64 bit *GB mem DDR 3 ( 4GB + 4GB ) 1333 MHZ Nvidia ge 540m 2G
mhlarsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhlarsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2012 at 4:57am
This looks great Clap
As I can see from the coverage map, GEX APT seems to cover Papua New Guinea as well.
Is this correct?

Oops, disregard this post, found my answer above Embarrassed

Michael

Win 7 64, i7 975, GTX770, 12 Gb DDR5 RAM, Samsung 32", FSX Acceleration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic