SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FSX settings and nVidia Inspector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX settings and nVidia Inspector
    Posted: November-21-2010 at 5:46pm
NickN
Please forgive me if these questions sound idiotic but there are a couple of points that I need to get clear in my head:

You say in your guide:

IN FSX/FS9 graphics settings, make sure AA is unchecked and Filtering is set to Trillinear

With respect to AA in nVidia Inspector you give the setting "override any application setting" - but how can you override something that is not set in FSX?  Or doesn't it matter?  To me if nVidia Inspector was working correctly you would tick AA in FSX and the use the override function in nvidia Inspector?

Second question in FSX "Filtering is set to Trilinear"  but in nVidia Inspector we are using Anisotropic Filtering, so why not set it to the same in the Sim?  Or doesn't it matter?  Is there a clash?

Thanks for your patience
Regards
PeterH
Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 1:49pm

Peter

Did you ever stop to think that the user should have a way to know when the override is not working correctly?

In example, there are a lot of people out there that because of the resolution, driver, or, combinations of hardware and drivers who could not tell the difference between the DX set flag AA, a far lower quality AA than 8xS or other AA levels. By setting the FSX graphics up so if the override is somehow failing we are alerted to that issue every time we start FSX, the problem can be located and addressed.

All you are doing is setting yourself up to be bit by lower IQ in the event the override tool is not doing the job. I would rather someone post they cant get AA or clean Aniso working except with feature set or the box checked, that tells the user they are not getting the highest quality IQ possible and can get it fixed

at the same time over the years it was well known the override was not working for everything which is why for years we set both the global and profile, AND, forced certain settings that we not longer need to force in Nhancer... add to that, in the past with both Nhancer and Nv Inspector we have witnessed many times in the forums that a driver update or a combination of card/driver/system change would display a FAIL of the override

When we set up the environment to self-check we have a far greater success rate with more people getting the right IQ support, without question. Drivers/hardware/systems change, we should not change a self-checking setup of the application

You are thinking based on what you see, specifically, instead of taking into consideration the rest of the world and the changes brought to the mix by all the variables

Phase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 8:05pm
Thanks
PeterH
Nil illegitimum carborundum est

FSX SP2; i7 2600K, OC 5THz liq N2 cooling 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, GTX670, WINDOWS 7 64; 256GB OCZ Vertex SSD; Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Monitor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic